Tweed Jacket

Betelgeuse

Waiting For The Cleaning Lady To Get Naked
Supporter
Hey guys,

I want to get a tweed jacket, but I don't know with what kind of shirts it can be used. Cotton? Also for the trousers, can I still use wool trousers? If you have some example pics, that would help a lot!

Thanks in advance!

Cotton shirts and wool trousers are fine; the rougher the fabric, the better.

I found this one:

5669BD75E87B4D8A96D406E6950CBDFF.jpg

This goes back to are original question which I think should be a staple rule.

Texture, texture, texture.

Heavy fabric can have heavier counter parts. Fine fabrics should ( rule of thumb) have finer counter parts.

This is what I needed. Beucause this SC looks like it has a very heavy fabric.

Of course, if you note, I'm not an expert. :)

Lonestar do you have a pic of your SC? I would like to see the fabric to start recognizing when it could be lighter or heavier fabric. Thanks in advance!

It's a very nice jacket, man. And yep it looks not that heavy. I would like to use this jacket with jeans too, for going out or something like that or casual Fridays.

Hookah and wine, nice combo! :)

Tweed's one of the better fabrics to pair with dark denim IMO.

Thanks for making me dig it out of my closet. Found $20 in the front pocket I might not have noticed this this fall. :cool:

Haha your welcome! :LOLguy-88:

Tweedydon on SF has amazing tweed jackets from time to time at really good prices. I bought a few from him.

I have to agree that tweed pairs well with dark denim/flannel plants. I will try to take a few good pictures some time today of my tweed collection.

Tweedydon on SF has amazing tweed jackets from time to time at really good prices. I bought a few from him.

I have to agree that tweed pairs well with dark denim/flannel plants. I will try to take a few good pictures some time today of my tweed collection.

Awesome man! That would help a lot!

As promised, my small current collection. All vintage purchased from TweedyDon and made with Harris tweed. I also have a tweed overcoat that has a similar pattern with the one on the left.

Besides TweedyDon, there was another seller who sold some amazing tweed jackets. Can't remeber his username, but all of his jackets were listed in either in Euros or pounds.
1-4.jpg

Lonestar they fit well. TweedyDon (James) provides pretty accurate measurements. The jackets that I bought were made by now defunct east coast tailors, so they are pretty standard american sizing. Besides the usual taken the waist in, not so much tailoring were done.

Pauly Chase Pauly Chase thanks mate! Those look very nice. Those "Vintage" clothes... is there a brand like that or it's just becuase they are old? I remember two fits of Spoo with a "Vintage" SC, those were two awesome jackets.

Just my $.02: I think tattersall shirts are the absolute best match-ups with most tweeds. With the heavier tweed jackets, I think corduroy trousers are arguably the most appropriate complement. I love tweed jackets. I've got seven (not counting faux tweeds) ranging in weight from about 12 to 18 ounces, all from my friends in Kowloon.

Just my $.02: I think tattersall shirts are the absolute best match-ups with most tweeds. With the heavier tweed jackets, I think corduroy trousers are arguably the most appropriate complement. I love tweed jackets. I've got seven (not counting faux tweeds) ranging in weight from about 12 to 18 ounces, all from my friends in Kowloon.

It would be nice if Jan Libourel Jan Libourel was still posting as he has hit upon something good here.

I don't think Tattersall gets its due in North America especially given its suitability for wearing with tweed.

Tweed is kind of mysterious to the general public here and most of their experience in my opinion is with faux tweed worsted cloths or with Harris tweed which seems to be a ubiquitous offering even in the low-end RTW segment.

I agree. A good tattersall shirt is an excellent complement, as are the cords. Various cotton twill trousers in fun colors as well.

I have a tweed jacket coming from Poole as we speak, excited for the possibilities this fall.

I do like to wear cords with tweeds as well. Have a brown donegal tweed suit plus Thornproof and Scabal tweed odd jackets in the queue which will be ready for October.

doghouse doghouse what kind of tweed is on its way?

Hardy Alsport, nice houndstooth with a blue window pane.

Attachments

• IMG_20140220_102103_162.jpg
    IMG_20140220_102103_162.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 458
Yeah, wouldn't go with my complexion. I can't really do much rust or brown unless it's really vivid. I think it's a fantastic looking cloth though.

Meh, get a lightweight faux. Besides, Mexico has plenty of temperate areas.

He's an iGent, what do he care about it being a hot commodity.

He has that green plain odd jacket which has a tweedesque vibe. He could do a herringbone with an overcheck and not look out of place

I have a couple of tweeds. The tailor gave me shit for having tweed in Florida, but we usually have a good month or so where the lows are in the twenties. Get lots of compliments.

You need to, tweed is an essential!

Thing is I haven't found one that I like.

You guys know he lives in Mexico, right? I don't really think tweed is a hot commodity down there.

Meh, get a lightweight faux. Besides, Mexico has plenty of temperate areas.

Culture, not climate.

He's an iGent, what do he care about it being a hot commodity.

He has that green plain odd jacket which has a tweedesque vibe. He could do a herringbone with an overcheck and not look out of place

The weather doesn't get that cold. The green SC is 90% cashmere 10% wool if I'm not mistaken.

I still don't know if I'm an iGent and if that is good or bad.

Thing is I haven't found one that I like.

The weather doesn't get that cold. The green SC is 90% cashmere 10% wool if I'm not mistaken.

I still don't know if I'm an iGent and if that is good or bad.
You're not and it's good. Leave the igentery to Chorn Chorn . You just keep impersonating Vox.

Well the iGent connotation is not in the negative sense. A stylish fellow then.

It all depends on what your heaviest worsted is and how that compares to a tweed or faux tweed worsted. Shetland is a lightweight tweed (looser weave). Harris makes a light one. So does Lovat.

Something in the 350 g/sq. meter (10-11 ounces).

For comparison, tropical wool is in the 7-9 ounce per (240 to 300 g). Many suiting fabrics are in the 9 to 13 ounce range. EG. Super 120s. So not necessarily that much heavier at the light end of the spectrum

Betel is an iGent, only moderately less so than I am and much less so than EFV...though more so than thruth.

Doesn't matter that SF is broken 'cos you can go to another forum, where iGents are encouraging a gentle Mexican citizen, who seems to have some sense, to get a tweed jacket. Move over Ask Andy.

gee thanks Mr. Mellor. whatever was i thinking? i shall refrain from twisting the gentle man's arm lest he do something foolish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom