Video Games

Have yet to play that game. Looks fun.

Lots of fun! I was tired of online FPS, haven't played a COD in years, but this is very refreshing. For single player Doom was a blast. Great visuals and music too.

Isn't hearthstone a simple online card game?

Lots of fun! I was tired of online FPS, haven't played a COD in years, but this is very refreshing. For single player Doom was a blast. Great visuals and music too.

Isn't hearthstone a simple online card game?

Hearthstone is basically Blizzard's take on Magic the Gathering. It's more streamline then MtG is, but also very fun to play. I'm fairly addicted to it at the moment. New expansion gets announced Friday.

I will try OW at some point in the future. It's on my list. Wish they had a free demo of it to try out.

Hearthstone is basically Blizzard's take on Magic the Gathering. It's more streamline then MtG is, but also very fun to play. I'm fairly addicted to it at the moment. New expansion gets announced Friday.

I will try OW at some point in the future. It's on my list. Wish they had a free demo of it to try out.

I don't get why you'd want to play a simple card game when there's so much more advanced stuff these days. Playing MtG is fun, but online?

I don't get why you'd want to play a simple card game when there's so much more advanced stuff these days. Playing MtG is fun, but online?

There is a lot of strategy and a learning curve to games like MtG. The complexity is there to be discovered even if the basics are easy enough to pick up for new players. It's a lot of fun to play on the PC, but also makes just about the perfect mobile game. I play a few games on my lunch breaks all the time.

so glad i quit while i was ahead

Looks like it's going to be a fun expansion. I always like these single player adventure releases and if it's anything like LoE the card quality will be very high. Some interesting cards have already been shown.

I've been doing some reading on games available on Steam. Anyone have recommendations on non-blockbuster titles to check out?

I've been doing some reading on games available on Steam. Anyone have recommendations on non-blockbuster titles to check out?

Doommmmmmmm. Turn up your volume and kick some demon ass. Perfect game after a long and annoying day at the office.

Last edited:
I have a MacBook but it's 3 years old so it doesn't run games the best. Plus I don't have the time.

nah. Not really in to the shooters. I'm more of a RPG type of guy. Something with a single player campaign.

Doom is mainly singleplayer. 16 glorious hours. If you like RPGs try mass effect. It's older so it's cheap, and one of the best series of the past decade.

Almost done with Severed for iOS. Worth the $6. Like a cross between Infinity Blade and Legend of Grimrock. A bit tedious at times if you want to get 100%. I'm at about 8-9 hours of gameplay.

Just found out Banner Saga 2 came out. Gotta get it for Steam I suppose since there's no iOS port yet. If you haven't played 1 I highly recommend it.

Finished Severed. Ending was completely Unsatisfying but I'd say it was worth the $6. Total time was 9 hours. There is no replay value.

so what's your take on Purify and how long do you think it will be before Ben Brode is fired?

Ben Brode gave an official statement on it last night. I think Purify is a gimmick card that will see no play in meta unless they release cards specifically designed to have synergy with it. As Brode acknowledges, it was a mistake for Blizzard to release it in an Adventure set with such a small additional card pool being added. Had it been in a full expansion it wouldn't have caused such a shit storm. Glad it won't show in Arena.

Ben Brode gave an official statement on it last night. I think Purify is a gimmick card that will see no play in meta unless they release cards specifically designed to have synergy with it. As Brode acknowledges, it was a mistake for Blizzard to release it in an Adventure set with such a small additional card pool being added. Had it been in a full expansion it wouldn't have caused such a shit storm. Glad it won't show in Arena.
just what the game needs - more gimmick cards.

just what the game needs - more gimmick cards.

Gimmick cards are fine in of themselves. You have to look at the big picture with Priest to understand why the timing of this card got so many Hearthstone players upset.

Gimmick cards are fine in of themselves. You have to look at the big picture with Priest to understand why the timing of this card got so many Hearthstone players upset.
no, no they're not fine. the sets shouldn't actively be adding completely useless cards, much less cards that are possibly going to set up odd combinations that are 6 months away from being useful. ESPECIALLY when its in the one class that needs the most improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom