WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

belinmad

Yes Jim, but not as we (you?) know it!

;)
1633359221402.gif

Sauce

243481808_5038898209470472_2357800342738433149_n.jpg
243841639_399809854937129_4424604129069877320_n.jpg

Seeing as its my birthday I've treated myself to some of those Drakes Cosby tings. If its good enough for Bond its good enough for me.

Sauce

Lets give Eddie a chance Pimp. She's smashing Cat out the ball park on the knockers front.

PAY-Eddie-Izzard-NY-Sighting.jpg

caitlyn-jenner-olympics-gold-medal-decathlonjpg.jpg

Its a crazy world!

Wish them the best though.

Sauce

It is a crazy world indeed. Luckily, these people don't really affect my life.
When I worked markets there was a guy on one of the stalls called Jeff who just stopped coming work, after a couple of weeks I asked the owner of the stall he worked on if he was ok. He said he stopped working there for personal reasons. About a year later he came through the market dressed as a woman with breasts. That must have took real "balls" to front that out. He just walked through, didn't stop to talk to anyone and he only done it once, never saw him again. No one took the piss, which is saying something with market traders. Impossible to relate to or understand but I hope he's happy. But I'm with you, it'd be really fucked up if it was a family member or mate that wanted to be a different sex.

Panama

I believe that's the Drifter, right? It's a shame LE doesn't have them in stock ATM.
Yes, I have around five of them. Blue, I think black or maybe burgundy, grey, red and this golden yellow colour.

20211004_225322.jpg
20210320_014304.jpg

Thruth

Created the finest posts in internet forum history
Supporter
New layering pieces for winter. Newbie Japanese streetwear brand that does a shit ton of neat down garments. And I finally found a surplus Austrian Mountain troops Gore-Tex shell.

Reversible down/fleece jacket

1634179175913.png

Down sweaters are few and far between
1634179215716.png

austrian-army-goretex-mountain-parka_1.jpg

Thruth

Supporter
Too utilitarian for my taste. Where do you live?
Good, then I have purchased well because I like utilitarian SWD/workwear for doing utilitarian chores around the ranches.

Apparently you are in Canada so @Rambo’s pic is close except it has too much elevation for SK and not enough trees for the mountains in the southern interior in BC.

kneeshuh

Bought (had them ordered by my retailer) a pair of Crockett & Jones Brecons.
Classic country chukka boots, my only quibble is the fact that the 341 last is a bit too almond-shaped for my tastes, but other factors outweigh this rather minor complaint.

The-Brecon-Chukka-Boot-in-Dark-Brown_5180_R_2683ea12.jpg

Austrian Mountain troops Gore-Tex shell

Many memories are connected to these words - mainly the sound created by a platoon wearing these jackets.

Swish swish swish swish....

Sammy Ambrose

Classic country chukka boots, my only quibble is the fact that the 341 last is a bit too almond-shaped for my tastes, but other factors outweigh this rather minor complaint.

Nice boots, Knees. I hope the fit is okay, because it is the last shape that is a big determinant of that.

I also hope they wear well. In my experience Dainite studded do not. I once virtally flattened a pair on Toronto pavements when vaccationing in that fair city. Perhaps the company boast and iGent echo that they wear like iron derives from days when pavements were not as they are now.

But good luck and give us some feedback.

Thruth

Supporter

Many memories are connected to these words - mainly the sound created by a platoon wearing these jackets.

Less swish than regular civilian goretex because it is a drop liner construction. Swish factor goes up when temps go down

kneeshuh

Less swish than regular civilian goretex because it is a drop liner construction. Swish factor goes up when temps go down
Really?
I didn't actually know that, due to the fact of having served my six months from October until March.
I remember them as being quite noisy.

Last edited:

Thruth

Supporter
Really?
I didn't actually know that, due to the fact of having served my six months from October until March.
I remember them as being quite noisy.
Far less noisy that commercial goretex which have more DWR on the outer shell and the sandwiched laminated membrane system. The Austrian jackets have a polyamide shell, less DWR and the goretex membrane is a drop membrane which is a separate layer. Quieter but the face fabric wets out sooner. The Austrian M65 style jackets older generation was like this and then they moved to a more modern laminated style and the water shedding ability went up but so did the swishing noise

Goretex and synthetics especially with a DWR coating tighten up and are more rigid the colder the temp gets. Gortex actually stops "breathing" down past -20C. they all get a bit more crispy sounding.

Thruth

Supporter

I actually like the shape of the Brecon compared to most C&J chukkas.

kneeshuh

The Austrian M65 style jackets older generation was like this and then they moved to a more modern laminated style and the water shedding ability went up but so did the swishing noise
Interesting.

I wore this jacket myself,

52ba21351da7c3de4100001b

but then I served in 2018 and your jacket seems to be rather older.

LeFoo1

Just picked up the three shirts today. Quite happy with the result of the tweaks.

Tried a pointier button down on the linen shirt and I think it is quite nice.
Spread collars work quite well when leaving the top button open, but feels slightly too wide for my face type when buttoning it; also might consider lowering the collar height a bit for more neck in the future.

Comment on the fabrics:
Denim ("Victoria Indaco" line) feels very comfortable. Supple and drapes nicely. Somehow my first instinct when putting it on was that it looks dignified, an unusual word for denim.

Cotton-linen (greyish blue, "Amber" line) seems easy to wear. The colour and design are perfect to wear on its own or with anything. Also it is right at the perfect density that you can't see my skin through it, making it almost appropriate for all seasons.

Linen (brownish one, "Gold linen" line) is somewhat of a disappointment. The colour is exactly what I want. Handfeel is a little rough but acceptable. The key problem is that it's so ridiculously transparent you can see my the tetx on my underwear through it from a mile away. It is breathable but completely unwearable without a jacket, which significantly limits its use. Probably a good undergarment for when I must wear a jacket in hot weather, but that's about it.

TM Gold Linen.jpeg
TM Victoria Indaco 120-2.jpeg
TM-Amber.jpeg

Pimpernel Smith

You won't be disappointed with the Brecon chukkas. I have lighter brown that I've darkened a bit.

Top Bottom