WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

I get your joke, but really, what is S&M? Could we avoid using acronyms? I don't know full list of menswear suppliers by heart, and it gets quite confusing.

Good to see that Dropbear was able to rate my post but incapable of giving an answer. It's Spier and Mackay, Canadian "bespoke tailors" extraordinaire.

Good to see that Dropbear was able to rate my post but incapable of giving an answer. It's Spier and Mackay, Canadian "bespoke tailors" extraordinaire.

Alright. Thank you. Never heard of it, being from the other side of the pond.

Got a Giorgio Brato leather yesterday. My first non-black non-aggressive leather piece. Should be interesting to fit into the rotation.

Screenshot_20181007-115747.jpg

Got the last one. I sized down. I am usually a 54 but got a 52.

^ With that wrinkled, shrunken finish, it looks as though something that Otzi the Iceman was wearing when he was mummified in an alpine glacier!

You think it's possible to underrate Eton?

I wouldn't touch their shirts, or most of their other stuff, but that silk scarf was pretty decent and I liked the packaging. Even an outfit like Eton can come up trumps if you look hard enough. As with most brands, there's always something that a buyer will have sourced that's reasonable.

Edit: I meant silk scarfs and not Eton as a brand.

Last edited:
Medium brown flannel trousers arrived today. I just bought a second pair in navy and may get charcoal on Black Friday. Also ordered green tweed trousers.

EC4CAEAD-05D7-4496-9AE8-322D75637955.jpeg

20% everything sale is still going - but they are pretty shopped out and low on stock. Buttery soft, but not super thick. For want of a better scale, I'd call it medium thickness.

Which ones are you getting? Construction is good for the price point.

Blue Bottoli sports coat just arrived. First of my Black Friday purchases. It’s a real nice tissue: tweedy and full of texture and interest, yet soft a light enough to wear inside a heated office.

FB4FB963-EE51-4287-9F19-3F71FFAF433C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom