WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

Bought a pair of moleskin trousers by Hoggs of Fife to wear around the house.

A friend of mine has an old waxed jacket by Hoggs of Fife. Fifteen years old or so, still in great condition, and cost about half the price of Barbour.

1605406792588.png

tell us more...

Curious too. I bought a pair of 21oz from Unbranded. Was going to go for Iron Heart with the same weight, but wasn't sure about spending 200+ on denim I might end up not wearing.

Unbranded has a very "industrial" cut. I had to have my alterations lady take them apart and put them back together as the fit was extremely "rectangular" for me. Now they fit great (maybe a little bit low on the back), but breaking the stiff denim in is no joke. They don't breath a lot, so they are good for a walk outside, but anything brisk and you feel the sweat building up. Also, I don't feel they are particularly better under cold weather than thinner denim. Still, interesting stuff.

I bought an LG 55'' OLED TV and headphone stand:

On the back of that, might upgrade my Grado's next month.

Mrs DB wants to get the 75” version if it goes on a Black Friday sale. I end-up watching my stuff on my phone in bed while the kids monopolise the TV with gaming stuff.

Curious too. I bought a pair of 21oz from Unbranded. Was going to go for Iron Heart with the same weight, but wasn't sure about spending 200+ on denim I might end up not wearing.

Unbranded has a very "industrial" cut. I had to have my alterations lady take them apart and put them back together as the fit was extremely "rectangular" for me. Now they fit great (maybe a little bit low on the back), but breaking the stiff denim in is no joke. They don't breath a lot, so they are good for a walk outside, but anything brisk and you feel the sweat building up. Also, I don't feel they are particularly better under cold weather than thinner denim. Still, interesting stuff.

Nothing special - Gustin straight 21oz black x black. I like their fit (except for the rise) and needed a new pair in black. Wasn’t really looking for a heavy weight, just something that will hold its color and keep that crisp black look for a while before fading to grey.

I had a pair of 21oz Unbranded (or maybe it was Naked & Famous, I can’t remember) jeans years ago and wasn’t that impressed - it was heavy but very coarse and never really softened. Like sandpaper or cardboard.

I handled a pair of Iron Hearts in the store recently and the difference was night and day - with a slightly loser weave and softer cotton, they felt heavy but wearable. Now that my daily work uniform includes jeans (tactical pants only required when around the press) I might splurge on IH jeans when my current indigo pair wear out.

The best heavy weights I’ve owned were 18oz Gustin in a very relaxed weave. They weren’t starchy at all so the ‘sick fadez bro’ crowd wouldn’t like them, but they felt sturdy yet comfortable and a little warmer.

Last edited:
Mrs DB wants to get the 75” version if it goes on a Black Friday sale. I end-up watching my stuff on my phone in bed while the kids monopolise the TV with gaming stuff.

According to my missus's research, the LG's have the best reviews at the moment. For how much they watch it, I would have thought the 75'' version would have been a better option. They've currently nabbed my S340 HP/Bang & Olufsen computer screen.

I really hated the unbranded straight fit. It was way too boxy in the rise.

really can't argue with that.

Many Dutch themselves will say it's a horrible sounding language.

The accent here in The Hague is the harshest and in television dramas they always use The Hague accent to indicate a criminal.

The accent from Maastricht is much nicer. Dutch but with a French accent.

For a 75 youll have to spend a bit more. The sony x900 is the best value going right now

you’re right, it’s the 65” Nano90 that’s $1k. Still seems like a good deal, based on the reviews though.

Vaseline for all those lowlivers and libtards of the other forum.

Unstylelibtardforum.net
EnrLvntWMAIc6FF.jpg

Didn't buy the usual items this Thanksgiving; usually every year I buy some piece of electronics.

However finally did pull the trigger on a pair of Boris Bidjan Saberi x Salomon Bambas GTX 2 High; took a bit of searching to hunt my size down.

Well let’s see it, then!

I commissioned a leather jacket and bought a pair of black 21oz jeans.

Weather forecast indicates a huge temp drop in Houston in the upcoming days, those jeans might come in handy. I know Selfedge has a 15% discount right now for Blackfriday, should pull the trigger on some IHs.

12 months of Hulu and a new TV. Some Monica Vinader jewellery to give the missus at Xmas.

Motorcycle? Shoes? Ski equipment? pair of Russian hookers? Tennis former world champion memorabilia? Borat's cousins' all-terrain bicycle? What kind of product is this?

Knowing the purchasing habits of Pauly Chase Pauly Chase , I predict that it will be a pair of ridiculously expensive, and yet hideous, fashion sneakers. 😛

Or you could decipher it by thinking about what footwear products Salamon makes and that GTX is gore-tex.

So high top light hiker style boots with a Gore-Tex membrane. Level of hideousness depends on your view. Of course priced higher than a non-collab Salomon boot.

The black or grey colour ways might look good with your leopard lounge pants belinmad belinmad . Maybe even the white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom