WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

Kiton has some shirting cloths that are very particular without being showy, mainly made by Riva and other top italian mills. You should try Kiton and then compare to T&A. Price should be around the same, maybe a bit more. Kiton RTW fit is quite generous for Italian standards. Their shirts fit me very well in the shoulders and neck but very long in the body (not a problem when tucked in) and in the arms (a bit of a concern but what can you do) and even with these downsides I like to wear my Kiton shirts because their collars are great and the cloth magnificent.
I might give them a try, but even RTW they're hideously expensive.
They are the BMW of fabrics, only for wannabe tackys, real ugly cars, except maybe 1 good model every 25 years.
Back in the day when BMW's were the preserve of Brit executives, every three years they had to make a choice of which car to have either BMW or Mercedes. The BMW salesman would always exclaim ''But sir, you're much too young to have a Mercedes...''

I did not buy it today, but it arrived today.
Nice fabric, poor sizing.

20210417_124905.jpg

Mariano Langa has been making shirts for most of Madrid’s upper class for over 50 years. He’s made over 20 shirts for me and they are all outstanding quality. He is one of the 2 best known and well respected shirt makers in Madrid (the other pne being Camiseria Burgos).
Dont know who Sarto is, but that review is bollocks. Whether he invented or not a specific cuff is irrelevant. A shirt maker is about quality and consistency, and Mariano has both.
I certainly agree that shirtmaking is about high quality and consistency, in craftsmanship and materials, and it's not so relevant whether one has invented a specific feature or not. Even though stating something untrue doesn't actually add to seriousness and credibility. Anyway I were interested to know how do you judge those shirts in comparison to some more known ones. Are the buttons really in plastic, as Sarto said?

Always difficult to judge from a picture, but this seems a pretty decent work from Sartreria Langa. Of course one can debate over the style and some details: I like the lapel higher and a bit broader, and the trousers longer and wider at the foot, for example.
tbd-2657.jpg
tbd-2708.jpg
13a9c0bfa52156f59a09107056122618.jpg

I’ll post whatever I want whenever I want to, thank you, living a happy life, enjoying my beautiful Spanish shirts, and having fun with the inconsequential exchanges fed by little trolls like you, dear. Now go back to your corner.

Dear trollx2, when you achieve success in your life as being the pupil of the best tailors in the world and cutting shirts in the best places you won´t ever be a client, then you call me troll, meanwhile, go Langa the one who te Tanga.

You got it clear or need a replay in your f. face dear a.hole and tacky wannabe blogger-degenerate?

And now that you mention corner, the pics of fits of shits ( never shirts) by Tanga and Burgos and already in corners in the best schools of Alta Sartoria as examples of aberration to teach pupils what is absolute fail. Go deny that you ignorant pretentious.

Now, go ahead punk, make our day posting pics of fits of those unshirts or never happened, meanwhile you can you to do a b.job in the wc of ElCorte Ingles or some random lodge to el Aristo-Rata in case is not yourself and that bunch of corrupted ignorants with deep personality disorders as histrionic, schyzotypal and so on.

Last edited:
Bought my first pair of EG’s on the 888 last. Welland single monks. A limited special make up brought in by L’Uomo Montreal, which is about the only place to buy EG’s in Canada now.

I am very late to the party, but Cramerton cloth chinos...

Edit: I assume I meant "to buy"...

Last edited:
Your post was “I’m late to the party but Cramerton cloth chinos...”

....so finish the thought as it is a hanging question at the moment....
Well the mill that produced Cramerton fabric allegedly closed in 2016. So any existing fabric is NOS/dead stock.

Well the mill that produced Cramerton fabric allegedly closed in 2016. So any existing fabric is NOS/dead stock.
I am well aware of that. Chinos pre-date the closure. Mik at Brave Star acquired enough for a limited run in 2016. I ordered two pair knowing there would be no more. Both runs were raw but Sanforized.

I am well aware of that. Chinos pre-date the closure. Mik at Brave Star acquired enough for a limited run in 2016. I ordered two pair knowing there would be no more. Both runs were raw but Sanforized.
It was your "what I am wearing today" post that made me look for Cramerton chinos. Everyone was sold out apart from Epaulet..

9bf42f18bd4520a2d5dffe3efc637d5d.jpg

Is the front rise a little low on those Bravestars or are the numbers misleading?

Bought some boutonnieres to test out from Gentleman's Gazette. Been meaning to buy some for years. Too much of a hassle getting the real thing.

I used to wear them years ago with cravats. Gonna start wearing small flowers again.

Boutonniere 1.jpg Boutonniere 3.jpg Boutonniere 2.jpg

These arrived today. I use to get my shirts from Chester Barrie and Grosvenor in addition to Smyth and Gibson. As Smyth and Gibson releases are limited, I have been trying out the budget brands which I have never used before. Anyway here are two Charles Tyrwhitt 140's in a fine Twill. I am not a fan of Twills or Herringbones, I much prefer Dobby and Royal Oxford or Pinpoint if they are not fine Zephyrs or Poplins. I prefer the white over the blue. Made in India by Laguna, probably with Monti India shirting.

20210428_221438.jpg

These arrived today. I use to get my shirts from Chester Barrie and Grosvenor in addition to Smyth and Gibson. As Smyth and Gibson releases are limited, I have been trying out the budget brands which I have never used before. Anyway here are two Charles Tyrwhitt 140's in a fine Twill. I am not a fan of Twills or Herringbones, I much prefer Dobby and Royal Oxford or Pinpoint if they are not fine Zephyrs or Poplins. I prefer the white over the blue. Made in India by Laguna, probably with Monti India shirting.

View attachment 37268
I have just bought another two along with an Egyptian cotton poplin. The luxury shirts are 140's Giza cotton. It feels like a Giza 87. They are an incredible price. I did have some inexpensive Turkish 200's 12 years ago that didn't wash well. Hopefully these will last like my Thomas Mason' s.

I have just ordered another two sweaters and and a polo from John Smedley. I do love their stuff.

Your mention of a cravat had whizzed me back to being 14 when I bought one to wear with a blue denim shirt.

when my grandfather passed, I had a little box of his silk cravats. I never wore them, but still treasured the luxury and the quaintness.

I am a little surprised they have not been reprised as a casual alternative to the neck tie.

C5476ADC-50B2-4B07-95E5-92C035AEBEF6.jpeg

I sized up one on these 23oz monsters but the fuckers are a full three inches smaller in the waist.

Going back for a refund while I decide whether to get some Sugar Canes or spring for IronHeart.

EDIT: looks like they have another pair in stock in the correct size. Guess I’ll accept an exchange and try this again.

Last edited:
Gustins went back today and they refunded immediately, so I think I’m about to suck it up and order IH-9634Z non-fade superblack jeans.

Have you looked at 3-sixteen double black?
Do they have 20 ounce? I think only 14.5 ounce.

ONI 20 ounce secret denim is a loose weave and heavy but soft. They do several versions but not regular straight in black. Plus their 20 ounce secret denim costs less than IH despite it being more exclusive and small batch.

Have you looked at 3-sixteen double black?

Nice, but I’m looking for a hem closer to 9” to go over wide shaft boots.

I’ll either go all in on IH or go ‘cheap’ with N&F strong guy.

Last edited:
Neighborhood x Keen hiking sandals
Engineered Garments Ripstop cotton shorts
BBS 11 faceover hoodie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom