We're Turning The Planet's To Shit: Climate Change & Humanity's Ability To Ruin Anything Good

this is legitimately fascinating. just slightly higher temps in the studied forest has caused the trees to stop producing as much fruit. because of this, the chimps are now hunting the gorillas as food.

Isn't this what happens in those dystopian Hollywood movies? Then the humans start cannibalizing each other. I'm not surprised.

Although aren't chimpanzees much smaller than gorillas? Maybe they should learn how to fashion weapons.

"As dry years and storms become more common, the canal needs to find fresh sources of water and new ways to store it.

Every time a ship goes through the locks, 55m gallons (250m litres) of fresh water is used, then released into the sea. On average, 37 ships go through the locks every day, using more than 2bn gallons (9bn litres) of fresh water."

Should we even be using fresh water to do this?

I assume it has to do with water density. I assume they used fresh water because there's obviously not much harm in adding freshwater to the ocean. But another liquid that has the same density as freshwater (never mind the cost of procuring such a liquid) might require a lot of studying before it could be deemed safe to use.

I assume it has to do with water density. I assume they used fresh water because there's obviously not much harm in adding freshwater to the ocean. But another liquid that has the same density as freshwater (never mind the cost of procuring such a liquid) might require a lot of studying before it could be deemed safe to use.

Never thought of it that way.

I just kept thinking about pipe degradation when using sea water which is what I found in Asia to flush toilets.

Given people are struggling in areas of drought to have access to drinking water the volumes dumped to sea are astounding.

What could possibly go wrong for the masses...

“Let’s ensure that every household or every citizen of the Netherlands receives a certain amount of carbon emission rights. This way we can ensure that we do not emit more than our yearly limit. Your emission rights will be stored in a carbon wallet. So if I wanted to fly, I would buy some carbon emission rights from someone who can’t afford to fly. For example this way this poor person can earn some extra money.

Or if someone lives in a small house, he can sell his emission rights to someone who lives in a big house, this way poor people can benefit from the green economy”

What could possibly go wrong for the masses...

“Let’s ensure that every household or every citizen of the Netherlands receives a certain amount of carbon emission rights. This way we can ensure that we do not emit more than our yearly limit. Your emission rights will be stored in a carbon wallet. So if I wanted to fly, I would buy some carbon emission rights from someone who can’t afford to fly. For example this way this poor person can earn some extra money.

Or if someone lives in a small house, he can sell his emission rights to someone who lives in a big house, this way poor people can benefit from the green economy”

This is how voluntary certificate markets work in the corporate world

This is how voluntary certificate markets work in the corporate world
Voluntary, yes. But the first one is a proposal for a ration book scheme that can be sold on and so, the rich will end up with all the good stuff and the toiling classes can drink their Victory Gin, own nothing and eat their bug-protein gruel and be very unhappy indeed in their concrete pod in the 15 minute city in the tri-state-mega-metropolis.

Voluntary, yes. But the first one is a proposal for a ration book scheme that can be sold on and so, the rich will end up with all the good stuff and the toiling classes can drink their Victory Gin, own nothing and eat their bug-protein gruel and be very unhappy indeed in their concrete pod in the 15 minute city in the tri-state-mega-metropolis.
How do you get from trading co2 certificates to a matrix-like dystopia?

Hey Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith you might like these two fun videos of our old mate Klaus Schwab

Even better is this one where Klaus' mate ole Dr Yuval Noah Harari talks about turning human beings into robots (mess with their dna and program them into being obedient) and playing God. The old doc is a really cheerful character, and l am sure you'll be all ears when this guy talks. See from 3:39 to hear what he plans FOR YOU! :problemo:

Last edited:
If only the torrential Pakistani rain that have been going on since June would move into these other places.

"Let's stop sleepwalking towards the destruction of our planet by climate change. Today, it's Pakistan. Tomorrow, it could be your country."

Our countries are suffering from it too. We just don't moan about it.

When did the UN become the universal beggar? You could replace planet with world peace, climate change with imperial war and aggression, and Pakistan with Ukraine. Send the same press release out and you're done for another day at the UN.

''Ecological legal experts...'':

There's never any mention on the effects of the people in this new world vision, where protected grass lands have more rights than the farmers who have toiled the lands for hundreds and hundreds of years. I would trust a Dutch farmer before an ecological legal expert.

Where does this madness and hubris come from? That somehow without the technology to change the earth's orbit around the sun, we can stop climate change, something that has been going on since the dawn of time.

''Ecological legal experts...'':

There's never any mention on the effects of the people in this new world vision, where protected grass lands have more rights than the farmers who have toiled the lands for hundreds and hundreds of years. I would trust a Dutch farmer before an ecological legal expert.

Where does this madness and hubris come from? That somehow without the technology to change the earth's orbit around the sun, we can stop climate change, something that has been going on since the dawn of time.
I wonder, does the land pollute itself?

if only we had more fracking

"From Hurricane Fiona barreling over Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic to Typhoon Nanmadol pounding Japan, to the remnants of Typhoon Merbok wreaking havoc in Alaska, the past 72 hours have demonstrated the devastating effects of heavy rain and flooding.

The three weekend storms add to a trend of wetter storms in a warmer future, said Michael Wehner, a senior scientist at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory."

Now all we need is an Indian Ocean cyclone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom