What Are You Wearing Today?

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Unfortunately, Englishness requires keeping up appearances. So not taking your jacket off in sweltering heat, still less removing your tie. In cold weather, no knitted garments are permitted in the office.
Not always, there's also the dishevelled English aristo country look, often imitated but best carried off when you actually can't afford to heat your stately pad or by pretend Irishmen one meets at the races, such as Peter O'Toole.

The Italians have a similar concept for keeping up appearances, not sure what it is called.

Untermensch

Ratings
Not always, there's also the dishevelled English aristo country look, often imitated but best carried off when you actually can't afford to heat your stately pad or by pretend Irishmen one meets at the races, such as Peter O'Toole.

The Italians have a similar concept for keeping up appearances, not sure what it is called.
He said office, not country house. Knitted garments are allowed in academia, the universities not being, of course, Town.

Also, O'Toole a pretend Irishman? You've done it there.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
He said office, not country house. Knitted garments are allowed in academia, the universities not being, of course, Town.

Also, O'Toole a pretend Irishman? You've done it there.
He was born in Leeds, as his birth certificate does attest to. The Connemara birth myth is very attractive, especially to fellow plastic Irish folk and drinkers as myself:

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
Home Alone. Low 12C overnight. Top 23C @ 4pm.
Usually I only wear white socks with jeans and chinos but today I'm cleaning the wardrobes and have all my white socks soaking in Oxyclean/Napisan.

5.jpg
6.jpg

1.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom