What Are You Wearing Today?

Sauce

4 patterns and a muted orange head worn with green trousers and MTO EG Cardiffs.

241123596_1320266178376088_6044980547637851590_n.jpg
241510053_385712902952941_4932071727705882542_n.jpg

241289736_657723381860640_244894093394415367_n.jpg

Its all about texture and colour, by the way.

Journeyman

Supporter
^ Spier and Mackay linen suit, I assume?

I'd prefer a welted, rather than patch, pocket on the breast but it looks nice. At the risk of being very nit-picky, your tie is a little bit off centre!

belinmad

WhTs the weather like? The scarf and Hawaiian shirt kinda confuse me.

#undomorebuttons

17-19c - evening party with both indoors and outdoors bits. It felt like it was going to be just a bit chilly as I was about to leave, and I didn’t want to change the shirt.

belinmad

i was trying to figure out what doesn't go here and i think i settled on the suit itself. pinstripes read business while the rest of the outfit reads pleasure. would have gone better with a lighter solid. or even better a tan/beige/cream linen suit.

So this is an interesting point. I commissioned two Summer suits from my tailor in Madrid, this one and a navy blue hopsack one. The idea was
1. Make it as unstructured as you feel comfortable with - we started with a Panico jacket as a "base model"
2. Make the cut as informal as you feel comfortable with - thus the patch pockets, etc - but make it such that I can wear this straight from the office to a cocktail party by the beach.

We wanted to test what a "one suit luggage" would look like for post covid trips, ie can you pack just one suit that would work in several contexts, assuming things after the pandemic are a little less formal, even in an industry that, in Europe, has kept itself more or less formal (finance).

So I'm with you that there's a little bit of clash, but at the same time, I think he nailed it! This suit I can wear with a white shirt, dark tie, dark shoes and it will be an excellent choice for a day of meetings, and then I can swap shirt and shoes like the above and I think it still works well.

Here’s the same suit in a more “business” context (I already posted this one before)
1630911520805.jpeg

Thoughts?

Sauce

I think it works. First context is very rock n roll. I like the shirt but its not something I feel I could wear. Second context looks relaxed for a pin stripe, which I like but is still suitable for your industry.

Lets put it this way, you look like you're appoachable to have a beer with at the party. And you look serious enough for me to take advice from to invest my money in without being formidable to deal with. And big enough to throw me out your office after you've looked at my bank account and realised I'm wasting your time.

belinmad

I think it works. First context is very rock n roll. I like the shirt but its not something I feel I could wear. Second context looks relaxed for a pin stripe, which I like but is still suitable for your industry.

Lets put it this way, you look like you're appoachable to have a beer with at the party. And you look serious enough for me to take advice from to invest my money in without being formidable to deal with. And big enough to throw me out your office after you've looked at my bank account and realised I'm wasting your time.
Lol.
Mission accomplished then! 🤣

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
So this is an interesting point. I commissioned two Summer suits from my tailor in Madrid, this one and a navy blue hopsack one. The idea was
1. Make it as unstructured as you feel comfortable with - we started with a Panico jacket as a "base model"
2. Make the cut as informal as you feel comfortable with - thus the patch pockets, etc - but make it such that I can wear this straight from the office to a cocktail party by the beach.

We wanted to test what a "one suit luggage" would look like for post covid trips, ie can you pack just one suit that would work in several contexts, assuming things after the pandemic are a little less formal, even in an industry that, in Europe, has kept itself more or less formal (finance).

So I'm with you that there's a little bit of clash, but at the same time, I think he nailed it! This suit I can wear with a white shirt, dark tie, dark shoes and it will be an excellent choice for a day of meetings, and then I can swap shirt and shoes like the above and I think it still works well.

Here’s the same suit in a more “business” context (I already posted this one before)
View attachment 41159

Thoughts?
tie penis aside i think the "concept" works. its the particular application. this could go with a casual vibe, sure, but you weren't light casual there, you were full key west beach party. in that instance this suit doesn't work for me at all.

belinmad

tie penis aside i think the "concept" works. its the particular application. this could go with a casual vibe, sure, but you weren't light casual there, you were full key west beach party. in that instance this suit doesn't work for me at all.
This is London, my friend. There’s no way anyone can pull a West Beach party here. At most we aspire to go Wei Koh and pull the suit+hawaii vibe. Minus the douchiness.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
This is London, my friend. There’s no way anyone can pull a West Beach party here. At most we aspire to go Wei Koh and pull the suit+hawaii vibe. Minus the douchiness.
i know but you got the general gist i was going for. pinstripes ≠ hawaiian

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
View attachment 41154
View attachment 41155

let the hate begin
#nosocks #parrott #igentscarf
Looks good but..

Can I suggest scarf combine with NO SOCKS{{ shudder}} is a bit incoherent.
Its cold enough for scarf but not for socks - ....??

Shoes a bit formal leather - suggest suede

Lose the pocket parrot or make it more colourful tropical

Untuck the shirt - {i know I know} and same thing in a brown tone not the blue

I wouldn't go the dark sombre pin/chalk stripe and try to go a la cazual but.. nice try

belinmad

Looks good but..

Can I suggest scarf combine with NO SOCKS{{ shudder}} is a bit incoherent.
Its cold enough for scarf but not for socks - ....??

Shoes a bit formal leather - suggest suede

Lose the pocket parrot or make it more colourful tropical

Untuck the shirt - {i know I know} and same thing in a brown tone not the blue

I wouldn't go the dark sombre pin/chalk stripe and try to go a la cazual but.. nice try
So change everything, basically 🤣

belinmad

Hawaian shirts in London with a pinstripe suit? Might get away with it in the creative industries or down at the Tiki bar:

It’s not where you can get away with it, it’s who can get away with it. I can, you can’t. 😎

Way too warm for scarves yet.

Is it ok if from now on I check with you how cold/warm is it before I leave the house? Wouldn’t want to wear the wrong thing, you see.

Ambrosius08

View attachment 41159

Thoughts?
Very nice suit. Dark brown pinstripe is a personal favourite of mine that’s way too rarely seen nowadays. Brings to mind those golden age Apparel Arts illustrations. It’s the perfect business casual option in suitings.

I also think you nailed the casual look. Fun accessories that work together colour-wise, and showcase your personality. Especially as the hawaiian shirt does not feature all the crazy colours of the rainbow, but is rather subdued.

I presume the suit is an all-year-rounder, ie. made of worsted wool?

alex1942

Noob quick snap - sorry for the photo quality.

Had commissioned a shirt with wider collar and a suit more appropriate for the temperature, but many hiccups with the project and was unable to get my items in time.

View attachment 41198

Last edited:

belinmad

not sure if its the smooshed up against the mirror pose or not but this one looks a little snug on you in the pants and in the shoulders.
The jacket is fine, I think it might be the pose. The trousers might be driven by 6kg of weight I’ve put on during COVID, I think.

Top Bottom