What Are You Wearing Today?

Today
EE378CC9-B23D-4F6A-9C66-3FCAAE8D09B5.jpeg

581B4D09-709F-4B8F-B189-53D084B8EED4.jpeg

Love that burnt orange cord jacket!!

Part of me regrets switching from my old Sapper to a Beaufort. It’s a great jacket.

I like wax jackets, but I think Barbour is fairly ghey
I have 7 waxed jackets Please read list and tell me which others are ghey.

Barbour Sapper
Barbour Moorland
Apolis USMC jacket
Bridge & Burn hooded waxed coat
Hoggs of Fife padded waxed jacket
Wings + Horns x Heritage Research waxed fishtail jacket
Filson tin cloth field coat

Please develop further. Features and characteristics that make Barbour ghey vis-a-vis other (waxed) jackets and/or outerwear, including but not exclusive to overcoats, pea coats, balmacaans, ponchos, etc
GettyImages-74026775.jpg
C15D325B-B064-485D-9D27-38C9106E3E4E.jpeg
MWX0004BK51_PORTRAIT_flat.jpg

etc. pp

I have 7 waxed jackets Please read list and tell me which others are ghey.

Barbour Sapper
Barbour Moorland
Apolis USMC jacket
Bridge & Burn hooded waxed coat
Hoggs of Fife padded waxed jacket
Wings + Horns x Heritage Research waxed fishtail jacket
Filson tin cloth field coat
all the Barbour ones. The other ones are fine I guess? I like Hoggs of Fife, I have the unpadded one.

I have a Barbour Norton collaboration cotton duck work jacket which is one of the top 5 jackets I've ever owned.

10-07-2013_barbour-norton_barrajacket_navy1.jpg

Nice, btw, have you ever thought about enhancing the windowpane by wearing POW trousers?
Also, let me just say that I appreciate your useful and wise suggestion, yet I am somewhat disappointed that you failed to acknowledge and appropriately congratulate my excellent choice of a burnt orange pocket square.

1634999204109.png

This was a uniform like 20 years ago in the north of Spain. This I we used to dress in winter for my firs job. Actually I've never seen it in UK or in any other place for that matter.

The Polish coalminer was late for that fashion.

It was the time of the Sloane Ranger that did it, that was the last hurrah of the Hurray Henries and Harriettas before it become to be seen as an embarrassing public school achronism and they all started speaking Estuary English and decided lavish displays of wealth wasn't a good thing and decided to blend in.

After the fad of '86/87 you never saw anyone sport a Barbour for several years, if someone did, it was seen as being dreafully old fashioned. At least the chavs didn't take it up like they did with the Burberry plaid.

I've three of Barbours, they're alright when it's raining or a country walk other than that, I wouldn't wear them.

The best place to buy is at the official store at McArthur Glen Outlet Village, Cheshire Oaks. Cheap as chips, paying full wack is mental when you can get them for 100 quid.

It was the time of the Sloane Ranger that did it, that was the last hurrah of the Hurray Henries and Harriettas before it become to be seen as an embarrassing public school achronism and they all started speaking Estuary English and decided lavish displays of wealth wasn't a good thing and decided to blend in.

After the fad of '86/87 you never saw anyone sport a Barbour for several years, if someone did, it was seen as being dreafully old fashioned. At least the chavs didn't take it up like they did with the Burberry plaid.

I've three of Barbours, they're alright when it's raining or a country walk other than that, I wouldn't wear them.

The best place to buy is at the official store at McArthur Glen Outlet Village, Cheshire Oaks. Cheap as chips, paying full wack is mental when you can get them for 100 quid.
Just checked the website. Not online.

The cheapest online shop is Countryattire.

For 40 quid you can buy a waxed cotton made in UK. Same cotton that barbour or Falstaff.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Wax-Ja...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Also, let me just say that I appreciate your useful and wise suggestion, yet I am somewhat disappointed that you failed to acknowledge and appropriately congratulate my excellent choice of a burnt orange pocket square.
According to my Delux colour chart that shade of orange is muted rather than burnt, by the way. But of course you are welcome to your opinion.

Maybe we should have a Floris week sometime where we put a fiver in a pot and talk to each other Floris stylee and who ever gets the most death threats by the end of the week takes the pot.

According to my Delux colour chart that shade of orange is muted rather than burnt, by the way. But of course you are welcome to your opinion.
anyone that knows anything knows that is actually muted burnt orange.

You too are entitled to your own opinion but of course you are wrong.

Maybe we should have a Floris week sometime where we put a fiver in a pot and talk to each other Floris stylee and who ever gets the most death threats by the end of the week takes the pot.

I’m in.

Just checked the website. Not online.

The cheapest online shop is Countryattire.
It's not online and that's deliberate. Do you think Barbour's going to have a website for overstock gear in an outlet village that sells their stuff for well under half price? Much more cost effective than the Countryattire prices.

Here you pay a mega premium for Barbour and the last time I checked you couldn't order from the UK website. For obvious reasons they want to keep the sellers sweet in the Netherlands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom