What Are You Wearing Today?

Wore this out the other day - honestly not too happy with the suit. Putting it down as an expensive learning curve!
tempImagejDT0WG.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wore this out the other day - honestly not too happy with the suit. Putting it down as an expensive learning curve!
It was an expensive suit was it, babaghanoush? OTP, MTM or bespoke. These days I buy OTP and have a tailor tweak them. When I started wearing suits I did MTM. The worst suits I have had are bespoke. Weird but true and not atypical I believe.

Anyway, back to yours. What is it and how much?

Last edited:
It was an expensive suit was it, babaghanoush? OTP, MTM or bespoke. These days I buy OTP and have a tailor tweak them. When I started wearing suits I did MTM. The worst suits I have had are bespoke. Weird but true and not atypical I believe.

Anyway, back to yours. What is it and how much?
it was expensive for me - Tailor is Stewart Christie, their top of the range MTM (or I was told) and around £1400. I will say, I really like the cloth!

But the whole experience felt like he didn't understand what I was after and towards the last fitting, they were just trying to get me out the door - I'm going to take it back to get some alterations done. I've lost about 10 kilos since it was made so maybe this has an impact on it too..

it was expensive for me - Tailor is Stewart Christie, their top of the range MTM (or I was told) and around £1400. I will say, I really like the cloth!

But the whole experience felt like he didn't understand what I was after and towards the last fitting, they were just trying to get me out the door - I'm going to take it back to get some alterations done. I've lost about 10 kilos since it was made so maybe this has an impact on it too..

Someone I won't go back to

Another Probus friend?

Surprised you didn't just cave in and wear a black band t-shirt and a fleecy jumper like everyone else at the funeral.

Another Probus friend?

Surprised you didn't just cave in and wear a black band t-shirt and a fleecy jumper like everyone else at the funeral.
The general clothes vibe wasn't too bad - a lot of people perhaps 300+ - one sad trend I saw there was a fair sprinkling of old codgers in those boat or captains hats or whatever they call them. Must have been a group thing.

One big first for me - I had 2 glasses of shiraz INSIDE the actual Methodist church. How's that!

The general clothes vibe wasn't too bad - a lot of people perhaps 300+ - one sad trend I saw there was a fair sprinkling of old codgers in those boat or captains hats or whatever they call them. Must have been a group thing.

Like … Hugh Hefner caps?? Did you get pics??
One big first for me - I had 2 glasses of shiraz INSIDE the actual Methodist church. How's that!
Hallelujah!

Like … Hugh Hefner caps?? Did you get pics??

Hallelujah!
Sort of Greek Fisherman’s hats . I saw at least 5 in a crowd of perhaps 300. A bit weird.

at least one was a brown leather version of this:
66BA75C3-1A77-423A-8D4D-1976E5569DAC.jpeg

Hardy & Johnson City Tweed - Ivy - single hooked vent, swelled seams, no dart, patch pockets, etc. Cordings Twill troos. I'd forgotten I had the shirt - old vintage LL Bean Tattersalls.
Context:: Chairing a consultation committee with the General Public. Bloody complicated - some in person w. 1.5 metres distancing + N95 masks + others on Zoom, big screen, cameras opposite to screen and then microphones

IMG_20220804_144227104_3.jpg
IMG_20220804_144253789.jpg
IMG_20220804_144336994_2.jpg
IMG_20220804_144521192.jpg
IMG_20220804_185736735 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220804_144558213.jpg
    IMG_20220804_144558213.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
The other week it was cold. Black Cords and nice soft calf Docs not those 'orrible polished binder things. I was just another member of public at this meeting.
IMG_20220601_183127150.jpg
1.jpg

Hardy & Johnson City Tweed - Ivy - single hooked vent, swelled seams, no dart, patch pockets, etc. Cordings Twill troos. I'd forgotten I had the shirt - old vintage LL Bean Tattersalls.
Context:: Chairing a consultation committee with the General Public. Bloody complicated - some in person w. 1.5 metres distancing + N95 masks + others on Zoom, big screen, cameras opposite to screen and then microphones

View attachment 44389View attachment 44390View attachment 44391View attachment 44392View attachment 44394
Love the shirt! (Because I have one virtually identical, collar a bit different/worse)

I went all tattersalls with corduroys two winters ago with Cordings, Viyella and Fynch Hatton shirts. I decided it wasn't me.
I've a few Cordings and Viyella shirts I'll wear in the winter. But you have to careful with brushed cotton and those wool-cotton mixed tattersalls, needs to be the right plaid or tattersall to avoid looking like you're off to the cattle market.

I went all tattersalls with corduroys two winters ago with Cordings, Viyella and Fynch Hatton shirts. I decided it wasn't me.
Still useful for fancy dress parties though I find. And my country ties at least get a bit of wear in winter, sans the tattersal shirts and yellow moleskins...

Dining out I see.

Eating and drinking are two of my three favorite pastimes.

Good relaxed stylish combo.
The jacket feels a bit long for you, ie cut for a taller person? Cross point and breast pocket placement? Where is it from?

It's just the forced perspective of the photos. It's one of my Poole jackets. It's actually in this thread quite a bit. Also I'm fat right now and testing my buttons integrity.

. Also I'm fat right now and testing my buttons integrity.
know the feeling all too well. Fact checked infuencers outside of MSM have referred to me as big/fat/stout as recently as last week!!

1660074046104.jpeg

This has been my core “formal but relaxed” outfit this summer. I decided to travel light on account of airlines loosing luggage left and right, so not a lot of variety.
A couple of wide linen trousers (with a cinch back, mind you), a couple of white and blue linen shirts, and my Justo Gimeno green hopsack teba. Shoos are suede EG loafers

Last edited:
know the feeling all too well. Fact checked infuencers outside of MSM have referred to me as big/fat/stout as recently as last week!!

View attachment 44495
This has been my core “formal but relaxed” outfit this summer. I decided to travel light on account of airlines loosing luggage left and right, so not a lot of variety.
A couple of wide linen trousers (with a cinch back, mind you), a couple of white and blue linen shirts, and my Justo Gimeno green hopsack teba. Shoos are suede EG loafers
That hand on shoulder?
“Mate come quietly and there’ll be no need for handcuffs”

View attachment 44495
I do take it back - I shouldn't have called you fat. Not a good look from me. So I do apologize for that. Wouldn't do that normally as it lacks a bit of class.

But I was a little bit provoked with snidey retorts. That I admit, pissed me right-off.
Oh no, you are going to send out the Batsign!
As you know, I'm not as refined as you chaps, I wear socks, off-the-peg stuff, logo'd polo shirts and I don't put topys on leather soles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom