What Are You Wearing Today?

Chorn

Resident iGent
Supporter
A regular WAYWT thread, with the other to be restricted to asking for specific advice for outfits or items of clothing.

Yesterday and today:
900x900px-LL-b5dd7fe4_DSC_0028.jpeg
900x900px-LL-aa8be639_DSC_0031.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably am going to just post MC, but I think anybody can post anything.

Also Chorn, the first picture is amazing. I especially like the burnt orange against charcoal combo.

Someone come up with a better name for this, please. Looking at WAYWT/WAYWRN makes me sad.

ITT:WPPOOWCWTLG

(In this thread: we post pictures of ourselves wearing clothes we think look good)

Changed for Rambo's birthday.

I really like both the suit and tie. The suit is from Dunhill and the tie is from Hugo Boss. It's one of the few ties I wear still from pre-SF days for, well, obvious reasons.

Today:
900x900px-LL-058386cb_DSC_0059.jpeg

900x900px-LL-f4192637_DSC_0063.jpeg

Jacket may be a little tight (though it might be from where you are stretching out your arm to take the picture). I am generally ambivalent on bow ties...I don't understand them enough to like or dislike them...but I never figured you to be a bow-tie guy, and the fact that you are (or at least wear them on occasion) is pretty fucking sweet.

Those are some ominous skies you got there. Uppermidwest towards Appalachia or something?

How about 'Today's Choice Of Outfit'?

or 'What I'm Wearing Today"?

This thing has too many letters. I keep trying to turn it into an anagram.

we post pictures of ourselves wearing clothes we think look good

3999d54a_DSC_0073.jpeg

Hopefully this will get some SW&D pictures posts going.

I hope so, too. I know very little about what makes a SW&D fit good. I realize that this requires an extensive answer, so could you explain what you think makes your outfit look good? All I can say that it's a gorgeous shirt.

Problem is that if it were a size less... shoulders wouldn't fit. Hehe

I hope so, too. I know very little about what makes a SW&D fit good. I realize that this requires an extensive answer, so could you explain what you think makes your outfit look good? All I can say that it's a gorgeous shirt.

Thank you sir. It is as soft as it looks, people have always asked me why I would spend more than $20 dollars on a plain t-shirt, and my response has always been if you can make simplicity look good, than mission has been accomplished.

In my opinion, the factors that constitute appealing MC fits also dictate good SW&D fits. Those factors include but not limited to proportion, color coordination, usage of accessories, individualism, culture references, etc, etc. I believe there is more room for variation in SW&D than MC, correct me if I am wrong, so there are more options to play around. However more options can also mean more ways to look ridiculous, I have fell victim to ridiculousness in more than one occasion, but I enjoy look different than most of my peers since I live in Kansas.

But the most important factor is the confidence the person possesses when wearing clothes, no matter what he or she wears. Anyways enough of me ranting. Here is today, trying to put recent purchase to use on a cold spring day:

1-1.jpg

Odyn Vovk vest
DrkShdw
DrkShdw
Vans

Spring birthday for friend's daughter.

Last edited:
Chorn Chorn - what size is that photo? Took like 30 seconds to load.

Pink's a very good color on you. Not a fran of gold buttons, but that's a personal taste and I know they're the norm.

I agree that pink would look good on you generally, but I'm not digging it here. Jacket pants and shirt look ace, but the tie color is off for me.

It's whatever the default size uploaded by SF is; I linked it from there rather than uploading it here.

Indeed...the combination is not pleasing; thanks for pinpointing that...it had been bugging me.

The jacket is Huntsman picked up from Seamasterlux on B&S. He gave me a very good deal on it (apparently such deals are increasingly rare there), and I've yet to change out the gold buttons for silver.

Big cuffs give me colder climate feeling. Also maybe a slimmer belt.

I have always thought you were in your early 20's for some weird reason.

Looks good EA. I dig the wide belt as well. That picture makes a good case for tie-no-jacket not being the end of the world. When I wear a tie in the summer, I go jacketless and roll up my sleeves. Fortunately, nobody confuses me with a cellphone salesman.

I realize that I'm very much in the minority for this.

Looks good EA. I dig the wide belt as well. That picture makes a good case for tie-no-jacket not being the end of the world. When I wear a tie in the summer, I go jacketless and roll up my sleeves. Fortunately, nobody confuses me with a cellphone salesman.

I realize that I'm very much in the minority for this.

I also am a fan of tie-no-jacket combo. Not as contrived in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom