What Are You Wearing Today?

3.jpg
5.jpg
1.jpg

Test run of some of the minimalist travel gear. All Uniqlo. Except checked Brooks Button Down. Not shown wind proof chinos - they worked well. Will cover me for all occasions.
a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg
d.jpg

* Hiltl navy cords
* Hermes orange/peach cashmere v neck jumper (made-in-Scotland)
* Kiton rich medium blue cashmere turtleneck
* Vass medium brown wingtips

don't know how to post pics anymore. No software available for camera to download to. Pity.

Last edited:
Yesterday a parcel from Napoli arrived. Still a little wrinkled but I don't mind. Tissue is old irish linen that was laying at tailor's closet for more than ten years. I guess it's around 300 gms/m (slightly lighter than current Hardy Minnis/W.Bill bunches). Colour is what Spence Bryson calls rope. Something in between brown and green. The ubiquitous olive green and tobacco colours are very beautiful shades for a linen suit but this colour is less bright and more subdued. Of course, fitting is superb and workmanship very good. When I see the work that goes into trousers like this and I compare it with Brioni/Zegna/Incotex/Rota RTW I can't avoid thinking that I won't be able to go back to industrial trousers. No matter if they are high-end manufactured like the above mentioned ones. The later lack the soul that it's now indispensable for me.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Detail.jpg

Front DWW.jpg

Agree. If it is any comfort, I also have a (wool)suit in a similar colour, in that olive drab / brown area, that I never wear. Expensive and foolish mistake to make on my part. ymmv

With that kind of brown, it's a case of getting the right blue colour shirt or tattershall shirt and get yourself down to the County Stand at the Roodee.

Difficult to photograph irl, a bit more brown and shinier but close to this. My mistake was watching it under fluorescent light, and not going for a classic. It does pair well with a sky blue shirt and dark brown suede shoo. Might give it a try again, when this 3+ month heatwave is over.
0000138_lustreless-olive-drab-paint.jpeg-1.gif

Last edited:
If that’s what you call “fitting is superb” I’d love to see what you think is an ill-fitting suit.

What the hell is going on in the armpit area?

Yesterday a parcel from Napoli arrived. Still a little wrinkled but I don't mind. Tissue is old irish linen that was laying at tailor's closet for more than ten years. I guess it's around 300 gms/m (slightly lighter than current Hardy Minnis/W.Bill bunches). Colour is what Spence Bryson calls rope. Something in between brown and green. The ubiquitous olive green and tobacco colours are very beautiful shades for a linen suit but this colour is less bright and more subdued. Of course, fitting is superb and workmanship very good. When I see the work that goes into trousers like this and I compare it with Brioni/Zegna/Incotex/Rota RTW I can't avoid thinking that I won't be able to go back to industrial trousers. No matter if they are high-end manufactured like the above mentioned ones. The later lack the soul that it's now indispensable for me.

View attachment 30521View attachment 30522View attachment 30523
View attachment 30524
View attachment 30525
View attachment 30526
View attachment 30527
View attachment 30528
View attachment 30530
View attachment 30529

What's the hem width on the pants?

If that’s what you call “fitting is superb” I’d love to see what you think is an ill-fitting suit.

What the hell is going on in the armpit area?

It's still very wrinkled after having been packed. Believe me, there is no issues there. The jacket fits exactly (if something a hair fitted) like my previous jackets (3) made by Iorio:

2018-06-04 19.04.16.jpg

What's the hem width on the pants?

19 cms.

Are LK's sleeves that long too?

Think 21 cm would silhouette better.

From what I've seen in pictures, sometimes yes. It's something I still have to point out at fittings, as Raffaele tends to cut a longer sleeve than usual. If you see pictures of well cut suits of the '30-'70, you will find that most times sleeves are cut longer than what is considered correct nowadays. Raffaele cuts in this tradition. You even see the great Agnelli no showing shirt cuff in most of the pictures.

I've some Zegna trousers with 20 cms bottoms and I'm not comfortable with them. Maybe in the future, if I use an english tailor, maybe. My Spanish badspoke and my Cerrato trousers are 18 cms (Cerrato insisted, my idea was 19 cms) and I feel comfortable with them (aesthetically). The thing is that the line of the trouser is not as clean as with 19 cms, though Cerrato makes a great job with the iron.

I may post pics someday, but I'll be going on vacation soon, so that's my excuse. Actually, my vacation clothes are pathetic, and my work clothes aren't any better. :(

Don’t worry about it. In spite of the rumours, this is neither a cult nor a gay frog cabal. You can post a pic to get constructive feedback if you want. Or just to show-off. There’s a wide range of styles and ages here. Follow this thread to get some ideas and pointers.

Clothes for hanging around the house tonight

* red cotton pants (made in U.S.A)
* light gray cashmere v neck jumper - made-in-Scotland (Hermes)
* navy blue half brogue oxfords (John Lobb/Hermes)
* navy blue baby cashmere turtleneck (Loro Piana)
* greenish/tan wool socks (Balvadere made-in-Australia)

Clothes for hanging around the house tonight

* Orlebar Brown sweats to legs ( Made in Portugal) - might snip and recut the legs into a sarong.
* Buff to Torso

20180917_145005-979x1305.jpg

camera picked up that friggin dusty wall paint stain which I've brushed off now
shirt is blue striped. camera likes to turn them gray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom