What Are You Wearing Today?

3DF75B90-6EEB-414B-80C2-0148D1734747.jpeg

Last edited:
I have that same pair.
The twill is more practical material for me, heavy enough but still 3 seasons. It drapes well enough and resists crazy creasing. I think they’d be better as 5 pocket and higher rise. I had these narrowed. I tried the 5 pockets they had but the cut was wrong for me and they were lower rise. I had to go up a size in their cords and would have to get them narrowed. I might get different colours online later.

Had a vague plan of going up to Cordings in Harrogate when I was last in the UK, but the opportunity was never really going to materialize unless I feigned that I had to go to visit one of the UK offices. I want to try on the Cordings pants before I purchase online.

The twill is more practical material for me, heavy enough but still 3 seasons. It drapes well enough and resists crazy creasing. I think they’d be better as 5 pocket and higher rise. I had these narrowed. I tried the 5 pockets they had but the cut was wrong for me and they were lower rise. I had to go up a size in their cords and would have to get them narrowed. I might get different colours online later.

I've got moleskin, cords, gabardine and twill from them, the twill are some of my favorite. I'm wearing them in navy as we speak.
20181214_120430.jpg

Tis the season for the Nutcracker is it not?

Chainsaw work today with the same pair you have.

View attachment 31237
Good work. Funny -I originally only saw RMs as proper work boots - except for a few private school boys and squatters - thenI saw a thread years ago where all the Gentts where raving about RMs as dress boots

I went to a boys’ boarding school where we made fun of the farm kids coming in with their Blundies and RMW boots. Thought they were too dumb to tie laces.

Wore black oxford captoes yesterday (John Lobb), and also black oxford captoes today (Vass).

Slick city casual today.

- custom navy trousers
- oxxford bone sportscoat (buttoned to have perfect effect with turtleneck)
- brunello cucinelli wool/cashmere turtleneck
- black Vass captoe oxfords on P2 last (fabulous in every way)

Brunello Cucinelli  turtleneck.jpg

Nothing compared to the Vass wearing experience, especially those P2 last oxfords, they feel out of this world.

Wore black oxford captoes yesterday (John Lobb), and also black oxford captoes today (Vass).

Slick city casual today.

- custom navy trousers
- oxxford bone sportscoat (buttoned to have perfect effect with turtleneck)
- brunello cucinelli wool/cashmere turtleneck
- black Vass captoe oxfords on P2 last (fabulous in every way)

View attachment 31291

Nothing compared to the Vass wearing experience, especially those P2 last oxfords, they feel out of this world.
i don't know shooey. i'm all for the swanky sweaters but this looks like they stitched together two entirely different sweaters.

Good work. Funny -I originally only saw RMs as proper work boots - except for a few private school boys and squatters - thenI saw a thread years ago where all the Gentts where raving about RMs as dress boots

R.M.Williams boots are an o.k midend boot, but they can use a reasonably stylish last on some of their boots, but they suffer from the usual aussie shoe syndrome of being too voluminous and baggy on the foot. Even worse is the boots look like a monstrosity that looks nothing like a foot when it is worn. Instead of a boot fitting around the foot and taking on a nice shape, the RM's put the foot inside the boot so it is like a foot being inside a bag. RMW's look awful on most people who wear them, and it is one of the reasons why l don't wear them anymore except for down the beach.

RMW's are stylized blobs on the feet with usually lots of room on the instead and vamp area and lots of room around the angle and mid area of the side of the foot. Why? Because the last maker for RMW always made voluminous industrial lasts that tended to be blobby. He has good experience in orthopedic lasts too, and it is like Bruce was never really able to perfect the truly stylish elegant last to complement the foot. Eventhough RMW have fractional fittings, the shape of the boots are rarely right for any foot l see them on.

No form of the foot, just shapes where the foot fits in. Would make a great stylish orthopedic last. Why Because it is a shape that could cover ugly shaped feet with style, but it is a terrible last for ordinary feet.
RMW 1.jpg RMW 2.jpg

Simply awful!!! No-one has feet shaped like that. Lots of people walking around with monstrosities like this on the feet.
RMW 3.jpg

Last edited:
RM ‘lastic sided are actually good for the beach. Unlike shoes with laces etc sand won’t get in them.

It would be an intense competition between me and shooey to see who is the least sporty or Aussie beach type.

You wear shoes to the beach???

I've known a bunch of blokes in Oz to wear shoos on the beach. My coisen wore my grandfathers black hand welted wedding shoos to the beach many times and also wore them in the water because he was too lazy to take them off, but he buggered them. Naturally l was really irritated that he treated such amazing shoos that way.

Then again, l had a pair of my grandfathers brown hand welted shoos and l buggered those too by accident. They used to polish up a treat, but they got wet and l was near a camp fire and they got buggered (dried up) and burned. I had consumed alcohol that night and my senses weren't so good. (If you look at the toe of the brown shoo below you can see the burn where a fire cinder burnt it).

The shoos below were my university shoos among many others. I used to wear my grand father's hand welted pair (brown pair) with all leather heel numerous days per week. They were about 50 years old back in those days and were in great condition. I never wore normal college shoos, l always wore dress shoos like these or captoe oxfords. The burgundy derby has many miles on them and l still own them...it's an 80's shoo and they were worth about $150 in those days, that was big bucks for a poor student. It was the first shoo that made me really strive for quality.

Grand fathers shoos.jpg

Last edited:
I've known a bunch of blokes in Oz to wear shoos on the beach. My coisen wore my grandfathers black hand welted wedding shoos to the beach many times and also wore them in the water because he was too lazy to take them off, but he buggered them. Naturally l was really irritated that he treated such amazing shoos that way.

Then again, l had a pair of my grandfathers brown hand welted shoos and l buggered those too by accident. They used to polish up a treat, but they got wet and l was near a camp fire and they got buggered (dried up) and burned. I had consumed alcohol that night and my senses weren't so good. (If you look at the toe of the brown shoo below you can see the burn where a fire cinder burnt it).

The shoos below were my university shoos among many others. I used to wear my grand father's hand welted pair (brown pair) with all leather heel numerous days per week. They were about 50 years old back in those days and were in great condition. I never wore normal college shoos, l always wore dress shoos like these or captoe oxfords. The burgundy derby has many miles on them and l still own them...it's an 80's shoo and they were worth about $150 in those days, that was big bucks for a poor student. It was the first shoo that made me really strive for quality.

View attachment 31322

150$ poor but you all spend thousands on meth on the fratergheyty??

* navy Canali trousers
* white bespoke shirt made from 3 ply acorn cotton
* navy/black silk houndstooth socks
* New World Order black bankers loafers

Wife and MiL as well. First my Episcopal church and then the Disney style production Republican Party Baptist church of the in-laws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom