What Are You Wearing Today?

Looked good in long shot: deep antique brown ... I liked it!

seriously? alright, then you had a better view than me. looked like some generic crap with velcro closing, but couldn't be sure. anyway.

The Atienza's looked like a lump of bread on someone's feet to me.

each to his own, oh well.

disclosure: I find cromps a clown on its own and his exposure(s) about footwear are mostly ridiculous. here he has been genuine and honest, so I cut him a slack, nothing more, of course.

I was hoping for more contrast with the navy donegal jacket and charcoal flannel trousers, but this is the best I could do for first day back at work.
BCFCB603-1A87-40B4-85D0-CC567917FEE0.jpeg

A two button single breasted navy suit from Harvie & Hudson, a light blue shirt by Turnbull & Asser, tie still undecided

not at all. I usually wear Hermes prints, and they are much thinner than woven T&A

I’m digging the contrast between this green donegal fleck and the baby camel hair today:

568A290A-5553-4926-AB69-0F0740506198.jpeg

It's a cold night so l am on the couch in nice comfy clothing (my most comfy).

- dark gray cashmere tracksuit pants (Derek Rose/Loro Piana) - so comfy
- dark green cashmere turtleneck (Loro Piana) - so comfy
- navy bloo 1950's cashmere cardigan (Ballantyne) - so comfy
- purple cotton socks (Viccel)
- navy blue suede chukka boots (Church's) - so comfy

Last edited:
Another day to flaunt one's Englishness:

View attachment 31730
Not sure it does that. Turnbull & A shirt?

Jacket and tie fine. Slipover is the difficulty with that combination. Should be a waistcoat or nothing. Even if it is cold.

Slipover is fine with other stuff and is a good colour too. I prefer a knitted waistcoat, but that would not work above either.

Last edited:
Not sure it does that. Turnbull & A shirt?

Aye, and tie of course.

Jacket and tie fine. Slipover is the difficulty with that combination. Should be a waistcoat or nothing. Even if it is cold.

Slipover is fine with other stuff and is a good colour too. I prefer a knitted waistcoat, but that would not work above either.

The problem is offices are never cold enough to justify waistcoats these days. It's already too warm for wool jumpers and it's a Brooks Brothers cotton pullover.

Aye, and tie of course.

The problem is offices are never cold enough to justify waistcoats these days. It's already too warm for wool jumpers and it's a Brooks Brothers cotton pullover.

Unfortunately, Englishness requires keeping up appearances. So not taking your jacket off in sweltering heat, still less removing your tie. In cold weather, no knitted garments are permitted in the office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom