What Are You Wearing Today?

1558617226718.jpeg

That's because we're use to heavy herringbone winter jackets, but that's a silk weave and is extremely light and heat resistance. Well, for a north sea/northern European summer. It's not tropical weight. I've blue cotton and linen mix in herringbone too that's a summer jacket.

really not a fan of this. you've got too many clashing styles going here. i like them all individually but together they really don't work all that well. especially the boots and the pants.

I agree on the boots - the snuff suede is too close to the pants color and while I’m ok with boots and linen I get that they don’t normally go together. Chocolate suede penny loafers would be better, right?

Also kinda agree on your other point, but can you elaborate? Maybe just too much linen? If the trousers were a contrasting smooth cotton it might be better?

I love the shirt and cigar trousers. Jacket is very light weight and cool wearing, but I’m not loving it as much as I’d expected. Too Miami Vice or a Mess Dress Uniform A.

I agree on the boots - the snuff suede is too close to the pants color and while I’m ok with boots and linen I get that they don’t normally go together. Chocolate suede penny loafers would be better, right?
i think so. i'd have to see it in action. the pants look a bit long for loafers as well but that might just be a function of the boots sticking up at the break.

Also kinda agree on your other point, but can you elaborate? Maybe just too much linen? If the trousers were a contrasting smooth cotton it might be better?
kind of hard to describe. think of it as more of an overall vibe. you've got kind of a miami vice thing going on above the waist and a whole city/country thing going on below it. kind of one of the difficulties in using that color and style of jacket in practice.

actually looking at it more closely i think the blue in the shirt is too dark. stands out too much against the white and creates almost a clash to the eye.

I love the shirt and cigar trousers. Jacket is very light weight and cool wearing, but I’m not loving it as much as I’d expected. Too Miami Vice or a Mess Dress Uniform A.
i think the pants and shirt with dark brown boots would be a nice combo, sans the jacket.

see, even you thought miami vice!

it'll be hard to pair but if you get it right it might not be too bad. in the end it may just not be for you.

First up you’ll be better dressed than most at your work.
Next the simplest improvement is ditch the boots with linen. Too hard. Linen looks soft and approachable. Soft suede shoes, plain not brogued. Slip ons would be good. Even leather slip ons. Not shiney. Desert boots no. Too close to boots. I reckon Saddle Shoes would work. Even perhaps two tone correspondents. Even a simple pair of sneakers would work. Old school Chuck All Stars, Vans Slip on, keep it simple plain.

Next get less stitched up. Coloured cotton belt or woven leather. Or suede. It’s really a resort/holiday outfit. Get a camp collar linen shirt. Or a non button down collar. Or even don’t do up the collar buttons on your existing shirt.

Think of getting a subdued short sleeve Hawaiian shirt or “party” shirt with square short bottom and wear it untucked. Slouch a bit. Scrunch the jacket up a bit. Think of it like a cardigan when you wear it. Hang it up by the tag don’t put it on a hanger.

Last edited:
First up you’ll be better dressed than most at your work.
Next the simplest improvement is ditch the boots with linen. Too hard. Linen looks soft and approachable. Soft suede shoes, plain not brogued. Slip ons would be good. Even leather slip ons. Not shiney. Desert boots no. Too close to boots. I reckon Saddle Shoes would work. Even perhaps two tone correspondents. Even a simple pair of sneakers would work. Old school Chuck All Stars, Vans Slip on, keep it simple plain.

Next get less stitched up. Coloured cotton belt or woven leather. Or suede. It’s really a resort/holiday outfit. Get a camp collar linen shirt. Or a non button down collar. Or even don’t do up the collar buttons on your existing shirt.

Think of getting a subdued short sleeve Hawaiian shirt or “party” shirt with square short bottom and wear it untucked. Slouch a bit. Scrunch the jacket up a bit. Think of it like a cardigan when you wear it. Hang it up by the tag don’t put it on a hanger.

Indeed

Yeah, can't get behind the correspondent shoes recommendation on a man under 65. Admittedly, it looks great with cream/ off-white etc trews but it is the height of cosplay.

It is great on females though. I bought my missus a Santoni number ( albeit in blue and white) and she loves it.

I’ll pass on the KFC Cosplay, but you’re other points were well received. It’s a brown cloth belt, but next time I’ll go with the blue and white one. How about blue suede? This might fit my fat feet:
DFB7D99E-D828-426D-BBDB-99E67A4A5A27.jpeg

Perchance you're wearing those steel toe capped boots as you have a job in the pipe stockist over the hedge? Otherwise, as the other recommendations, ditch them.

Cheers. To be fair, it’s a rather nice suede chisel toe Chelsea boot that I’d hoped to get away with as a quirky Australian nationalal idiosyncrasy. But I get it, I need to bite the bullet and start wearing girly slippers. I’m looking around now.

I’m stuck on a dressier suede penny loafer, but could I get away with a boat shoe?

Also, I want an alligator on my yacht.

Last edited:
I’m stuck on a dressier suede penny loafer, but could I get away with a boat shoe?

Personally, I have a visceral reaction against boat shoes, but you could pull it off in certain looks. Blue linen jacket and cream pants for example.

I have blue suede Lobb loafers that are my go to personally.

I’ll pass on the KFC Cosplay, but you’re other points were well received. It’s a brown cloth belt, but next time I’ll go with the blue and white one. How about blue suede? This might fit my fat feet:
View attachment 32136

Cheers. To be fair, it’s a rather nice suede Chelsea boot that I’d hoped to get away with as a quirky Australian nationalal idiosyncrasy. But I get it, I need to bite the bullet and start wearing girly slippers. I’m looking around now.

Norton Ditto has Alden, Gravati, Santoni, DiBianco

1559275631003.png

Gravati
1559275728300.png

they do blue too
1559275834554.png

Alden

1559276104537.png

Get some Rubinacci blue Belgian loafers.

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 10.16.29 PM.png

AE does EEE but their loafers are meh

Carmina does them in EEE
1559277028186.png

Weejuns?
Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 10.31.37 PM.png

Crocket wore these, canvas espadrilles. he also had some ugly woven ones

1559276690776.png

1559276808505.png

1559276926227.png

Yeah, can't get behind the correspondent shoes recommendation on a man under 65. Admittedly, it looks great with cream/ off-white etc trews but it is the height of cosplay.

It is great on females though. I bought my missus a Santoni number ( albeit in blue and white) and she loves it.

Nah, navy and white spectator loafers are great for summer casual shoes and pair well with linen bone pants. Not a wingtip but a loafer like this: very cool.
https://www.shopyourway.com/the-great-gatsby-collection-white-and-brown-spectator-loafer/279320984

Dropbear said:
View attachment 32136

Blue suede is a winner. DO IT!

Dropbear said:
Cheers. To be fair, it’s a rather nice suede Chelsea boot that I’d hoped to get away with as a quirky Australian nationalal idiosyncrasy. But I get it, I need to bite the bullet and start wearing girly slippers. I’m looking around now.

DO IT...not the girly slippers but the blue chelsea. Even better would be a navy suede chukka.

Dropbear said:

a suede penny would be a winner, DO IT!

Do alligator later on, you are not ready for that yet. Small steps first before taking the big plunge into the world of big daddy shoomen.

Note: you can't become a BIG daddy overnight...it takes time to make these things happen.

Last edited:
Personally, I have a visceral reaction against boat shoes, but you could pull it off in certain looks. Blue linen jacket and cream pants for example.

I have blue suede Lobb loafers that are my go to personally.

I have a small selection of navy bloo shoos also, and on occasions they play an excellent role in my wardrobe. Last week l wore my navy John Lobb oxford captoe half brogue to see my tailor and got great compliments on it and also heard quiet comments on the street saying "look at that guy's shoos, wow". I must admit, they are eye poppers. I am a shooman, so sometimes l like to wear show stoppers.

I also have a navy suede Church's chukka boot. A great casual boot that goes with lots of casual clothes. I've been thinking upgrading to Edward Green.

I also have the white/navy penny loafer by Church's. A great fitting loafer and excellent for summer. Versatile.

I also have the navy alligator bespoke Cleverley wholecut. Goes with gray or light coloured trousers. A work of art!

The main issue to remember with blue shoes
The main thing to remember is that casual navy blue shoes are more versatile than formal navy blue shoes. Navy suede can be very versatile.

Last edited:
Some good looking loafers posted recently but the obsession some people have for those effeminate, twee Belgians leaves me nonplussed.

I

I don’t wear sneakers outside the gym, but I rather like the look of those. Probably a bit too casual for my casual office though. Plus I doubt I’d get my fat feet into those narrow things.
Ive found it next to impossible to find those style of shoes in EEE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom