What Are You Wearing Today?

AA90A134-F61F-44EA-A986-67267B322696.jpeg

4568536F-C1F2-4C4C-8EA3-0B9D7FCF3E28.jpeg

I only said it originally as a stab in the dark, as it appears like it has a hand stitched button hole and the pattern on the cloth looks similar to what I've seen Zegna do. I thought it might be Couture.

I've realised it might be insulting. I personally like Zegna.

View attachment 32444

Camera turned my shoes a funny color for some reason.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

First tie is hideous.
Second one a big improvement but clashes with the casual wide stripes of the shirt. A less formal tie such as a royal blue knit would go better with that shirt.

J&M handmade shoos
Custom tweed trousers (scotland tweed)
Albert thurston braces
English 4 ply alpaca socks (over the calf)
Ballantyne 3 ply sky blue turtleneck
Ballantyne 6 ply shawl collar cranberry colour cardigan

These 4 ply english socks are worn sparingly. They are luxurious and rare as hen's teeth. I only have 7 pair...4 in red and 3 in green, and l only wear them for a treat on the coldest days. I would have bought a few more but they run out of pairs.

The trousers are extremely comfortable and delightful, and the cardigan and shoos are true rare gems of the highest order. It is a great day when you love absolutely everything you are wearing, and for me the heavy winter clothing is by far the most enjoyable.

I would normally do a burgundy shoos with such clothes or even a black shoo, or even a very dark brown shoo, but today l didn't care too much and did a dark-medium brown pair. I love my J&M handmades, they are STUNNING in real life and such masterpieces.
20190908_174002.jpg 20190908_173933.jpg 20190908_173912.jpg
chevron near me hours

Last edited:
J&M handmade shoos
Custom tweed trousers (scotland tweed)
Albert thurston braces
English 4 ply alpaca socks (over the calf)
Ballantyne 3 ply sky blue turtleneck
Ballantyne 6 ply shawl collar cranberry colour cardigan

These 4 ply english socks are worn sparingly. They are luxurious and rare as hen's teeth. I only have 7 pair...4 in red and 3 in green, and l only wear them for a treat on the coldest days. I would have bought a few more but they run out of pairs.

The trousers are extremely comfortable and delightful, and the cardigan and shoos are true rare gems of the highest order. It is a great day when you love absolutely everything you are wearing, and for me the heavy winter clothing is by far the most enjoyable.

I would normally do a burgundy shoos with such clothes or even a black shoo, or even a very dark brown shoo, but today l didn't care too much and did a dark-medium brown pair. I love my J&M handmades, they are STUNNING in real life and such masterpieces.
View attachment 32555View attachment 32556View attachment 32557
chevron near me hours

I thought it was around 18 or 19 centigrade in Melbourne.

That’s quite mild - warm even. Not double jumper weather.

I thought it was around 18 or 19 centigrade in Melbourne.

That’s quite mild - warm even. Not double jumper weather.

Nah, it got to about 14 today and dropped in the afternoon. I was going to wear thermals wool long johns and top underneath, but when l left the house at noon it was alittle warm so l skipped them, but regretted it about an hour later when the rain and cold breeze started.

Wish l could get thicker tweed trousers, 18 oz is not warm enough for me. I want 25 oz.

Thermals are for when it’s freezing. I wonder how you would get on in a cold country.
Aside from the fact that he seems to want to dress like a septuagenarian (I have no clue how old he is) ...

The bloke must be absolutely soft as shite to be wearing all that tackle in that temperature.
I thought Aussies were supposed to be hard as nails salt of the earth types. Can you imagine him in the trenches?

Aside from the fact that he seems to want to dress like a septuagenarian (I have no clue how old he is) ...

The bloke must be absolutely soft as shite to be wearing all that tackle in that temperature.
I thought Aussies were supposed to be hard as nails salt of the earth types. Can you imagine him in the trenches?

I do feel the cold much more in the last several years. Those clothes work best for me in many ways, they are very functional. It's also very humble and unassuming, and it's classic menswear when men were men. I like the innocence of such an outfit, l am just a man and nothing more. I also like how many men wouldn't have the guts to wear what l do....men are too scared to dress like men, so many dress like pretty boys and look cool, but the innocence is lost because vanity comes into it. Great White Snark, l am just a guy going about his business.

maybe he's old? maybe he takes blood thinners? maybe he's a soft bitch? whatever it is, let him be that thing and dont be a cunt about it.

hell, at least he wears socks with his shoes, which is more than i can say for some of our distinguished membership.

I do feel the cold much more in the last several years. Those clothes work best for me in many ways, they are very functional. It's also very humble and unassuming, and it's classic menswear when men were men. I like the innocence of such an outfit, l am just a man and nothing more. I also like how many men wouldn't have the guts to wear what l do....men are too scared to dress like men, so many dress like pretty boys and look cool, but the innocence is lost because vanity comes into it. Great White Snark, l am just a guy going about his business.
Fair enough. It may be regarded as eccentric but so what.

The feeling the cold issue is more of a concern though. It may be a general health problem. I suspect you don’t pay much attention to mainstream medicine but you could always do your own research before contacting health professionals.

It does get cold enough in Melbourne for proper winter attire. Perchance you are a Brit?

I know we get shocked the first time we stay too long at the end of the season in places like the south of France or the north of Italy and all of a sudden that cold wind blows in off the Mediterranean and suddenly the spell is broken as we realise they have a winter too and it's not summer all year round.

Melbourne's cold is annoying, not severe. Can feel mild early in the morning and then drop mid morning, or a front can come through with an icy blast on an otherwise ok day. And then we have 13 one day and a day or two later 20. The variability makes the cold more noticeable, but it's nothing a coat and scarf can't deal with.

Shooey is a softy and a big girls blouse.

I’m a tough Aussie.
Pthh.

Ever seen me snark?

Look below.......

when the steely eyed stare comes out eyeballs can be scratched. They might be a pretty face, but they can also pull hair and scream at the top of their lungs.

wanna meet `em? Look no further.

*snark face icon*
snarky face 1.jpg

boo

Last edited:
Just messing this arvo on a nice sunny day. Going out later. Dressed casual and loving it. Will pop on a Loro Piana baby cashmere black turtleneck soon and a sportscoat. Not really loving that sock pattern.

20190914_161849.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom