What Are You Wearing Today?

Some Hungarian full brogues on today
2019-10-09 01.19.37.jpg

Kids’ party in the park on a crisp morning. Viyella and Barbour. #cosplaycountrygent
754EE71D-CC17-441C-89D4-2A1144A812E1.jpeg

Is there ever a time when chukkas aren’t appropriate.
definitely not with a suit, and also better to avoid with trousers and sportscoat IMO. Chukkas are a very casual boot and i'd never wear a nice dress shirt and dress trousers with them.

Driving the kids around to their sports and music classes on a chilly morning.
56536FF4-5C57-40CA-B527-141E0606419D.jpeg

5A6EEC75-1031-4B4E-B3F6-1254B970B6C3.jpeg

It will warm up later, but this morning is cold to be sitting outside drinking coffee and eating a pastry.
5D426007-5AD3-4158-92F5-C7CF7DAB722D.jpeg

Taking a day off work to go visit a hunting lease:

A hunting lease? Do you get an opportunity to hunt on the land or exclusive rights to hunt on the land?

I thought - in a big country - you could just find somewhere to hunt for free.

A hunting lease? Do you get an opportunity to hunt on the land or exclusive rights to hunt on the land?

I thought - in a big country - you could just find somewhere to hunt for free.

It varies, but usually you get shared access to land with a lot of deer and other critters to hunt. There is hardly any public land in Texas and you can’t hunt in what there is.

Most farmers will let you hunt pigs and feral pests but deer leasing can be big money. Some offer luxury lodges and hunting guides, while others are just land access.

^Nice! Land's End shirt?
Yep. That is a kinda muted burgundy stripe. One of the 3 or 4 old school Hyde Parks I have that are “non iron”. I have other Old school Hyde Parks that aren’t non iron. The non irons are great. They don’t have that funny feeling I expect from non iron at all.

I wish LE had told me they were going to fiddle with the Hyde Park collars so I could have stocked up. Now when they are stuffed I’ll have to try and get them replicated. Perfect OTR shirt for me.

Last edited:
Sometimes one gets nice conversations just by dressing up relative to others.

The young Turkish security bloke with the full beard and usually tight black jeans etc that I talk to said “Nice jacket is that herringbone tweed?”

I said it’s herringbone but linen, cotton, silk.
He said what’s those lines upon it. I explained window pane check.
He said:: “Nice mate”

Those trousers I love too. Navy. Corneliani. Nice contruction touches. High rise . Material is a sort of cotton seersucker that looks a bit like horizontal cord. They hang well for cotton. Navy is a bit hard to pair with jackets so I often wear them in summer sans jacket. I think navy trousers work well with just a shirt. Same as brown or beige chinos. I don’t like grey trousers without a jacket.

Thruth Thruth - Nice! I have an old Brooks Brothers tie in a very similar colour and pattern. Very versatile. The boots look great, too.

Thruth Thruth - Nice! I have an old Brooks Brothers tie in a very similar colour and pattern. Very versatile. The boots look great, too.

Thanks JM. I have some old BB ties in a similar vein too. I actually thought I had pulled out a BB one but it is one from our "old friend" Henry Carter.

Grand Potentate Grand Potentate check out this. It's your old mate again.

fuck you shooey. why do you delight in subjecting me to this torture? in the first 3 minutes he's mixing this negroni and he actually says out loud "i can always tell if i'm going to enjoy a drink by the color" after literally saying just a minute earlier "my two favorite drinks are champagne and a negroni." well, geez kirb, i wonder how those two things differ...

fuck me you guys have to watch this. at the 9 minute mark he's taking questions and its "what is your favorite scotch?" you've got to listen to this response. doghouse Fwiffo Thruth Thruth .

i honestly didn't think anyone could be THIS pretentious.

question at minute 13 "i'm going to a great gatsby themed christmas party. what piece of clothing can i wear to set me apart?" boy did you pick the right channel for that question.

1:14:00 "i dream of having a nice study in my home one day. and what would really make it special would be to have a nice chesterfield sofa. stuffed with horsehair..."

he continues:

"if you go into any of the clubs on st. james' street, like boodles, i'm not a member there, all their chesterfields, and really all of their leather chairs, are stuffed with horsehair and it really has a body to it."

someone asks what kind of car he drives. of course, its a tesla. he used to drive a bmw 335 diesel.

i feel like this is secretly someone that doghouse knows at his yacht club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom