What Are You Wearing Today?

"the sound aesthetic of a single ice cube in a leaded crystal. see if you can pick this up on the microphone"

Perhaps it's actually some sort of performance art?

i feel like this is secretly someone that doghouse knows at his yacht club.

I feel like this is someone who would desperately want to join doghouse doghouse 's yacht club, but isn't able to do so...

fuck me you guys have to watch this. at the 9 minute mark he's taking questions and its "what is your favorite scotch?" you've got to listen to this response. doghouse doghouse Fwiffo Fwiffo Thruth Thruth .

i honestly didn't think anyone could be THIS pretentious.

Not sure what ardberg is but a peaty whisky known as Ardbeg exists. The reason why he should insist on his ice ball over ice cube is because a round ball has more contact surface with the liquid whilst not melting quickly like small cubes and prematurely diluting the liquid. Perhaps rather than talk about the glass he could comment why he gravitates towards a whisky with a high phenol ppm and how different regions of Islay have different compositions for peat lending a different type of “smokiness” that a drinker will prefer. Although the uninitiated will refer to single malt whisky from Scotland as scotch I would never use the term in a reply. Single malt whisky from Scotland is simply known as whisky.

someone asks what kind of car he drives. of course, its a tesla. he used to drive a bmw 335 diesel.

i feel like this is secretly someone that doghouse knows at his yacht club.

I feel like this is someone who would desperately want to join doghouse doghouse 's yacht club, but isn't able to do so...

You guys would probably be disappointed, most of the yacht clubs members are drunker, more unkempt versions of Jeff Lewbowski, except not cool or laid back.

Not sure what ardberg is but a peaty whisky known as Ardbeg exists. The reason why he should insist on his ice ball over ice cube is because a round ball has more contact surface with the liquid whilst not melting quickly like small cubes and prematurely diluting the liquid. Perhaps rather than talk about the glass he could comment why he gravitates towards a whisky with a high phenol ppm and how different regions of Islay have different compositions for peat lending a different type of “smokiness” that a drinker will prefer. Although the uninitiated will refer to single malt whisky from Scotland as scotch I would never use the term in a reply. Single malt whisky from Scotland is simply known as whisky.

You don’t need ice with whisky regardless of what shape it is. You don’t need lead crystal glasses or even the special glencairn glasses.

Ardbeg 10 is a very nice peaty whisky.

You guys would probably be disappointed, most of the yacht clubs members are drunker, more unkempt versions of Jeff Lewbowski, except not cool or laid back.

I might have a White Russian (no ice it’s cold enough here) since you mention the big Lebowski.

Yes it is. It’s an homage to Joe Pesci.

Cut footage reveals the scene where an old mafia guy turns up.

Made guy ‘Eh..... I remember Kirby when he used ta shine shoes’

Kirby ‘ I don’t shine shoes anymore. I’m doing really well’

Made guy ‘ Sure thing Kirby. I was only breaking your balls.’

The scene gets rather tense. Then fifteen minutes later:-

Made guy ‘ Eh Kirby get ya shoeshine box and shine my f***in shoes !!’

Kirby (really agitated by now) ‘ Keep him here. I’m coming back for him.!’

Kirbys friends then attempt to diffuse the situation. ‘How about another drink? Don’t mind Kirby, he has been on edge recently.’

B2401326-FEBA-4095-8788-425FFB55F84D.jpeg

long weekend outdoors attire.

They
Those grey cords?

Years ago I had - what I fantasize at least - a pair of grey cords that were just the right shade and richness.

All grey cords I see these days lack richness and look washed out and cheap - even if it isn't,.

they are grayish green if that makes any sense

fuck you shooey. why do you delight in subjecting me to this torture? in the first 3 minutes he's mixing this negroni and he actually says out loud "i can always tell if i'm going to enjoy a drink by the color" after literally saying just a minute earlier "my two favorite drinks are champagne and a negroni." well, geez kirb, i wonder how those two things differ...

cross post from the shoe thread:

drum roll - more kirby love, have you ever seen a more talented brownnoser than this soto guy? good lord

btw, he gets some beating in the comments. e.g. for having an assistant in drumming up his goods, check.

Kirby is great. He has that wide-eyed neophyte approach. He loves what he believes are the trappings of a rich man’s lifestyle - the dinner jacket, cigars, gentleman’s clubs etc.

I’m sure all the shopkeepers love him. He is not overbearing. He is easy to deal with and he has money to spend.

He does not act snooty towards his viewers either.

We can also enjoy his malapropisms and faux pas.

I love the way he is there in his evening dress with cigar and whisky obsessing about that crappy award from You Tube. The pizza delivery is a marvellous unintended comedy touch too.

cross post from the shoe thread:

drum roll - more kirby love, have you ever seen a more talented brownnoser than this soto guy? good lord

btw, he gets some beating in the comments. e.g. for having an assistant in drumming up his goods, check.

I agree with the comment :-

‘These two guys are basically the antithesis of Donald Trump. They give hope to the free world.’

Probably one of you lot wrote that.

well, there must be a reason, why so many people here make fun of him, ymmv.

sure, most of us are not his target audience ...

Kirby is great. He has that wide-eyed neophyte approach. He loves what he believes are the trappings of a rich man’s lifestyle - the dinner jacket, cigars, gentleman’s clubs etc.

I’m sure all the shopkeepers love him. He is not overbearing. He is easy to deal with and he has money to spend.

He does not act snooty towards his viewers either.

We can also enjoy his malapropisms and faux pas.

I love the way he is there in his evening dress with cigar and whisky obsessing about that crappy award from You Tube. The pizza delivery is a marvellous unintended comedy touch too.

Still tall and lean-athletic, so this shit is easy: blue donegal and grey flannels. Wish I had a PS with blues and browns though.

1DDC83FE-FADF-4269-A740-6FC9E93B4E0F.jpeg

Last edited:
Melbourne. True Melb weather. Wind. Sun. Cold .Rain.Hot. Cloudy. In sequence.
Here we go. Brown Flannel suit, Cashmere coat etc. and just for The Shooman The Shooman EG shoes
IMG_20191113_143400180.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg

He got it right the first time. Unbuttoning cardigan the wrong way round seems a bit odd to me.
Agreed.
I’m not a cardigan wearer but these look OK. I can’t stand the way the igents wear them with the bottom buttons undone but with the bottom sides splayed out to their hips exposing the crotch of their pants. Looks hideous.

Last day of cardi weather for a while.

414D9C50-C2CC-4915-AC65-4CD7AAEC37A1.jpeg

50DFD897-2DDC-48A3-8291-AE3054682D22.jpeg

B5F49C2D-8B23-414A-8A9D-F6A1448827AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Green in general doesnt seem to be his color. Just doesnt look as good as some of his other recent color collabs.

the purple and green probably don’t belong together.

I fucking love olive and dark forest greens, but you may be right that it isn’t my color anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom