What Are You Wearing Today?

just gonna crosspost this:
shoulder's are not fixed yet
vintage windsor, marinella, tm lewin, bespoke trousers double pleated
pZIpMNXh.jpg

oMI5qavh.jpg
how are you planning on "fixing" them?

It surprises me somewhat: from your posts I had expected something sturdier, these are instead very light and delicate.
Just perfect to perch on my nose and look over. They are light and sturdy with their steel construction.

But I have big ol’ Shurons if that makes you have happy

50BAD3DB-888D-49D8-8E2A-3E3166ED9BD8.jpeg

Yellow Rat short sleeved button down collar
Norse Projects sateen chinos
Best made CPO shirt
Church’s Ryder chukkas
BillyKirk waxed canvas and leather bag

29ADD690-3F22-49C8-B8F4-FA459D884D99.jpeg
44571B35-3336-4703-AC54-7BC846F8076D.jpeg

BillyKirk waxed canvas and leather bag

Very nice. I really liked that Billykirk model - I think that they called it the officer bag or something like that. I was tossing up between the Billykirk and a Filson original briefcase, and ended up going with the Filson.

Very nice. I really liked that Billykirk model - I think that they called it the officer bag or something like that. I was tossing up between the Billykirk and a Filson original briefcase, and ended up going with the Filson.
They make nice stuff. I have a BK zip card case that is quite nice. Can function as a minimalist wallet too.
1619798065348.jpeg

The leather of those Westons looks really nice. Deep and subtle. Can you tell anything about the longevity or comfort of Weston in the longer term? Thanks.

The leather of those Westons looks really nice. Deep and subtle. Can you tell anything about the longevity or comfort of Weston in the longer term? Thanks.
I’ve had them for about 10 years. I also had a topy applied when I ordered them. They have been quite comfortable over time. No double or triple sole to break in.

JMW is often overlooked and underestimated by the iGentry because they are not as accessible as other brands. Much like their need to have bought Vass through a proxy because they can’t be bothered to go directly to them before they had a web shop for RTW.

I have often seen them in shops in France but only a very limited amount of shoes of JMW had pleased me. They were also rarely on sale so I couldn’t bring myself to trying some. The leather always looked quite substantial and nice. There were some nice loafers.

I’ve had them for about 10 years. I also had a topy applied when I ordered them. They have been quite comfortable over time. No double or triple sole to break in.

JMW is often overlooked and underestimated by the iGentry because they are not as accessible as other brands. Much like their need to have bought Vass through a proxy because they can’t be bothered to go directly to them before they had a web shop for RTW.
I had a real itch for Westons about 10 years ago but I never made the leap.

Weston is a brand that has been going astray for a while now. They have been making more and more models that are very clunky looking, and thanks to the communistic french economy their prices have skyrocketed. The iconic Chasse model (fully handmade) costs something like 2000€ now. While in the 90's they were 2000 francs, for those who don't understand economics, that's a VERY steep increase way above the usual rate of inflation.
That being said, even though they sold their tannery (du Puy) they still have grade A leathers thanks to an agreement with Hermès. And they still have a fair amount of shoes without gemming as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom