What Are You Wearing Today?

Dressedwell's UpperCrust
You beat me to it. Crusty's staying power is amazing.

A good tip for a new YouTube star: Collect Crusty"s pics from way back and provide criticism. Positive as well as negative. Did Crusty get it right? How has Crusty changed? etc.

You beat me to it. Crusty's staying power is amazing.

A good tip for a new YouTube star: Collect Crusty"s pics from way back and provide criticism. Positive as well as negative. Did Crusty get it right? How has Crusty changed? etc.
Yes he is one constant on the clothing forums.

He will be forever posting photos of his kit laid before wearing and then posed in his familiar stances.

Mohair night
20210501_193333.jpg

Except for the shirt, nice combination. Not ghey for sure. 👍
OK. Thanks. I will wear this shirt tomorrow with 22 ounce corduroys and Lattanzi zip boots that were buried in the bogs of a bar in White Chapel for over 20 years tomorrow. With a fedora. And Cravatte.
1620321689770.png

.....or maybe not.

OK. Thanks. I will wear this shirt tomorrow with 22 ounce corduroys and Lattanzi zip boots that were buried in the bogs of a bar in White Chapel for over 20 years tomorrow. With a fedora. And Cravatte.
View attachment 37636
.....or maybe not.

Sydney is ghey. AFL is ghey for pay.

Also your Chelseas have a fairly pointy toe, what brand it that?

I've a yellow, Brooks Brothers, cotton jumper on today. I bought this about 4 years ago now and I've never felt it was right to wear, except for today. It's bright outside, but still under 10C and just seemed it was time to sport it with a blue micro-check shirt.

Do hope I'm giving off the right vibe:
Reed.JPG

Moleskins look excellent! (You probably already posted it, but what make?) Also like where the break is, not flood pants or pooled up at the bottom like those red carpet 'celebs'.

Do you use shoo-trees? I hope so, the creasing looks minimal.

Moleskins look excellent! (You probably already posted it, but what make?) Also like where the break is, not flood pants or pooled up at the bottom like those red carpet 'celebs'.

Do you use shoo-trees? I hope so, the creasing looks minimal.
These are Stock Mfg. Co., which does mostly workwear but did a run of moleskin trousers a couple of years ago. Yes, shoes trees for all.

Usually get a military hem (slanted) with them just touching shoe tops in front.

These are Stock Mfg. Co., which does mostly workwear but did a run of moleskin trousers a couple of years ago. Yes, shoes trees for all.

Usually get a military hem (slanted) with them just touching shoe tops in front.
Any advice on where to get good shoe trees in half-way accurate sizes? Those Chinese who sawed mine didn’t have proper glasses.

Any advice on where to get good shoe trees in half-way accurate sizes? Those Chinese who sawed mine didn’t have proper glasses.
herring_wooden_expanding_tree_in_sanded_wood_4.jpg
SmartSelectImage_2021-05-07-19-11-08.png

Woodlore. Made in the USA. All technicians have had Lasik eye surgery.

I did not realize they are making boot trees now.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 9.24.34 AM.png

Those boot trees look like a typical profanator’s of real men style. Have no dignity and engage in suspicious souterrain activities.

Those boot trees look like a typical profanator’s of real men style. Have no dignity and engage in suspicious souterrain activities.
I don't know what you are yip/yapping about but you want cheap non-Chinese shoe trees and these are cheap boot trees.

If you want to step up:

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 9.42.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 9.46.43 AM.png

I use standard shoo twees in my Chelsea boots and have not seen any excessive creasing.

I have used some cedar trees that happened to be oversized so they stretched my shoos considerably.
They mustn"t be too big. I am a half size and go up half a size. No stretching with either expanding or non-expanding trees. Even with loafers, where I size down half a size, and then tree with one a full size bigger, there is no stretching. It's not easy to stretch GYW shoes.

Last edited:
They mustn"t be too big. I am a half size and go up half a size. No stretching with either expanding or non-expanding trees. Even with loafers, where I size down half a size, and then tree with one a full size bigger, there is no stretching. It's not easy to stretch GET shoes.
Interesting. I’ve had it happen with C&J Monk’s and on several loafers. Maybe it’s a shoe construction thing. But I also managed to widen Meermin handwelted shoes in UK 10 with a UK 10 shoo tree as they were too tight around the instep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom