What Are You Wearing Today?

As I pointed out, there was a time in the UK that it was a fashion statement and people would sport them on a night out for affectation.

Yes, we are all aware. But saying you only wear them for their intended use and nothing else, as if that is saying anything, is fairly hilarious. I don't believe anyone is saying wear them to the opera.

Pipe- drain trousers and Chelsea boots? What is next? A Parka? I like the trousers but I think a fuller cut goes better with your figure.
The trousers in the pic wouldn't be classed as drainpipes. Those are much narrower.

The cut and width of the ones he is wearing actually suit his build and complement the cut of the jacket.

Trousers which are wide turn broad guys into boxes. He would hardly want that.

I've always wanted a jacket called Ashby. Only Barbour can give that to me.

That must be the shittiest jacket they have made. Trendy ‘slim cut’ with obnoxious gold buttons and some sort of non-breathing synthetic sleeve lining that will leave you with sweat-soaked Ashby Arms within 30 minutes.

The main problem with most Barbours is their cut. Utterly shapeless bags. Apart from the to/ki/to collabs, their waxed offering s are pretty meh aesthetically. I have a quilted Barbour that is pretty good and my aforementioned Norton/Barbour collab.

For a straight waxed jacket, Dubarry is better cut. I have the Carrickfergus.
dubarry-of-ireland-carrickfergus-jacket-olive.jpg

That must be the shittiest jacket they have made. Trendy ‘slim cut’ with obnoxious gold buttons and some sort of non-breathing synthetic sleeve lining that will leave you with sweat-soaked Ashby Arms within 30 minutes.
It is undoubtedly an immensely shitty jacket, but I think the one Gheymes Bond was wearing, or the one with the doofy belt, are also really shitty, in fact, they have so many shitty jackets in their portfolio, it is hard to pick the shittiest.

Yes, we are all aware. But saying you only wear them for their intended use and nothing else, as if that is saying anything, is fairly hilarious. I don't believe anyone is saying wear them to the opera.
They market themselves as a ''lifestyle brand'', they've colloborated with urban hipster brands, or am I missing some hilarious subtext?

Also, let me just say that I appreciate your useful and wise suggestion, yet I am somewhat disappointed that you failed to acknowledge and appropriately congratulate my excellent choice of a burnt orange pocket square.
Floris was so impressed that he went out and bought 237 to never wear and only to be posted outside of pockets as an acquisition rather than a functional style accessory.

Floris was so impressed that he went out and bought 237 to never wear and only to be posted outside of pockets as an acquisition rather than a functional style accessory.
Also he searched the internet far and wide and posted the corresponding 237 pinterest and instagram examples of how one could wear them. Most of the examples made no sense whatsoever, of course. When pointed out, he was surprised and offended that we would fail to see how perfectly they fitted.

But you would still have SLP boots which would make you a Big SWD Shoo Daddy, which is a Shoo Daddy subordinate of a proper Big Shoo Daddy.

Although, both of them are BIG Shoo Daddies

Neither are Big Leather Daddies.
Is there a manual that I can purchase somewhere? All this terminology is well above my newbie rank.

Apparently.
Fair enough. Think Formby had the same affliction and gave you the finger and has left the forum. Has he not?

With you chaps, it's not about discourse, banter or even arguments. It always ends up with ad hominen and when it's given back you feign shock horror.

Here's my finger giving you the ultimate rejection.

Good night and good luck!

Also he searched the internet far and wide and posted the corresponding 237 pinterest and instagram examples of how one could wear them. Most of the examples made no sense whatsoever, of course. When pointed out, he was surprised and offended that we would fail to see how perfectly they fitted.
olololo. Based on your post, I went back to find rare Floris real world fit pics.

20210518_153835-jpg.38174

20210515_153613-jpg.38109

Is there a manual that I can purchase somewhere? All this terminology is well above my newbie rank.
I think maybe its time to build the DW one like Sarto's Igent Dictionary

Fair enough. Think Formby had the same affliction and gave you the finger and has left the forum. Has he not?

With you chaps, it's not about discourse, banter or even arguments. It always ends up with ad hominen and when it's given back you feign shock horror.

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 11.49.42 AM.png

I think maybe its time to build the DW one like Sarto's Igent Dictionary

Omg how did I miss this before, it’s sooooo good! I fully support the motion of building a DW one

This one might describe Floris, no?

Dandy Mode - describes and individual who is a histrionic, abnormal degenerate who won't ever be with a woman

Couldn’t one just say: ‘hmmm, looks like you are going Full Floris with that outfit’ ?

Come on Mr. Smith. It's only word play.
You know you are a major player on this site, due to your well-argued opinions and diverse and lengthy experience in menswear, and others know it too, including Doghouse.
And you also know that is the best site. What is the alternative? FNB that now reads like rambling grandmothers reliving their youth when they were learning about moving out of school uniform?

You know you are a major player on this site, due to your well-argued opinions and diverse and lengthy experience in menswear, and others know it too, including Doghouse.
And you also know that is the best site. What is the alternative? FNB that now reads like rambling grandmothers reliving their youth when they were learning about moving out of school uniform?

I wasn't being facetious earlier when I said I have no idea what 4F is so upset about, I'm truly baffled he would get so worked up by some throwaway comment.

In the 125 years Barbour has been in business, they have to have made millions of garments, and 99.9% of them have been used for outdoor activities in cool or inclement weather. So when someone proclaims that's all they use them for it's like "well, yeah". I would have guessed pointing this out would have invoked a chuckle and a acknowledgment that it was a silly comment on their part and not Ultimate Rejection ™

I wasn't being facetious earlier when I said I have no idea what 4F is so upset about, I'm truly baffled he would get so worked up by some throwaway comment.
I read it as you were trying to be funny at my expense. Which I considered uncalled for, as it wasn't anything controversial or me trolling. So I took umbrage at it.
Thanks for the positive feedback. As above I took it the wrong way, as can easily be done on the internet.

And thus, Doghouse was spared The Ultimate Rejection ™. Mr Smith continued to wear his Barbour in the country and in the rain while disdaining other unsavory uses for said garments. Dropbear continued making inane clothing posts demonstrating his ignorance after one too many red wines and Floris continued his exploration of the furthest reaches of civilization looking for the perfect set of 200 burnt orange scarves.

And thus, Doghouse was spared The Ultimate Rejection ™. Mr Smith continued to wear his Barbour in the country and in the rain while disdaining other unsavory uses for said garments. Dropbear continued making inane clothing posts demonstrating his ignorance after one too many red wines and Floris continued his exploration of the furthest reaches of civilization looking for the perfect set of 200 burnt orange scarves.
Very cleverly, creatively and pointedly written.

Perhaps the new boy at TI could be given lessons if he can take a break from counting the nickels and dimes he gets from his advertisers to see if he has enough for whatever beverage wannabee wasps grab on their way to work.

Off the peg Bankdam Tweed (most definitely not woven in England anymore), Uniqlo extra fine merino v-neck, MTM twill shirt, paisley tie that could be mistaken for an animal print from afar:
IMG_2845.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom