What browser does Photobucket work on?

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
I have windows 7, and l have tried several Opera browsers and have used Commodo Dragon, Firefox and many others,but none of them can work with photobucket.

What browser would work?

I have windows 7, and l have tried several Opera browsers and have used Commodo Dragon, Firefox and many others,but none of them can work with photobucket.

What browser would work?
What doesn't work about it? Do you have flash and Java installed?

What doesn't work about it? Do you have flash and Java installed?
I am pretty sure l do have java and flash.

The problems l have been having is that l can't upload any pictures because the upload icon doesn't work. This has been a problem for years and the only browser that worked was a particular old Opera browser, but l can no longer find that browser. Even when l could upload pictures, l would then have to transfer photobucket to another browser so l could do any editing.

In sum: photobucket has never worked properly on any browser l have used in about 4 years.

I am pretty sure l do have java and flash.

The problems l have been having is that l can't upload any pictures because the upload icon doesn't work. This has been a problem for years and the only browser that worked was a particular old Opera browser, but l can no longer find that browser. Even when l could upload pictures, l would then have to transfer photobucket to another browser so l could do any editing.

In sum: photobucket has never worked properly on any browser l have used in about 4 years.
Maybe you should stop using Photobucket and move to a different service? If you're using 4 different browsers over 4 years and can never get it to work, that's kind of a big problem.

Conversely, you could try contacting Photobucket:

Photobucket Support

And maybe they can help you.

If you do decide to switch, here are a few articles on options:

The best way to manage your photos online in 2015

http://lifehacker.com/5808625/five-best-web-sites-for-image-hosting-and-photo-sharing/

6 Top Online Photography Portfolio Hosting Options

Maybe you should stop using Photobucket and move to a different service? If you're using 4 different browsers over 4 years and can never get it to work, that's kind of a big problem.

Yes it IS a big problem. I suspect photobucket is becoming far less popular due to all the problems people must be having with the increasingly crummy service. Why? Because I don't observe many people using it these days like they were 10 years ago.

Conversely, you could try contacting Photobucket:

Photobucket Support

And maybe they can help you.

Those guys are absolutely hopeless. I spent an 18 month period trying to resolve these issues with them and ended up wasting hours of valuable time. Each time they sent me complicated questions and instructions, but it was all double dutch. I said to them to speak in normal English, but they never did...they used complicated language l never understood. Never was able to post pics for 18 months.

Now THAT could be a definitely option.

This may be a silly question, but why do you need to use Photobucket?

Are you using it as a place to actually store your pictures in cyberspace, or are your pictures stored on your computer's hard drive?

If your pics are on your own computer, then it's easy to upload them to a site like this - you simply click on the "upload a file" button below and, when a pop-up box opens up, you then choose the location of the photos on your computer (such as your "pictures" folder) and you then choose the particular photo that you want to upload.

If your pics are on the internet, you need to open the pic in your browser so that the address ends in a file extension such as ".jpg". If that's the case, then you just click on the picture icon in the menu bar at the top of the box that you're writing your post in (it's to the right of the smiley face and it looks like a very small, black-and-white picture of a mountain with a sun rising above it). You then simply copy and paste the web address of the picture (the one that ends in ".jpg") into the box that pops up when you click on the little picture icon.

This may be a silly question, but why do you need to use Photobucket?

Nothing else seems to work, l have tried heaps and have hardly ever been able to post pics online.

Are you using it as a place to actually store your pictures in cyberspace, or are your pictures stored on your computer's hard drive?

Cyberspace.

If your pics are on your own computer, then it's easy to upload them to a site like this - you simply click on the "upload a file" button below and, when a pop-up box opens up, you then choose the location of the photos on your computer (such as your "pictures" folder) and you then choose the particular photo that you want to upload.

I have tried and tried uploading a picture from my computer using this site and it is like rock science. I've never known anything so complicated. I will try it again when l can muster up the courage...give me until tomorrow to get my confidence up.

If your pics are on the internet, you need to open the pic in your browser so that the address ends in a file extension such as ".jpg". If that's the case, then you just click on the picture icon in the menu bar at the top of the box that you're writing your post in (it's to the right of the smiley face and it looks like a very small, black-and-white picture of a mountain with a sun rising above it). You then simply copy and paste the web address of the picture (the one that ends in ".jpg") into the box that pops up when you click on the little picture icon.

Wow, so high tech, but l will try when l get my courage up.

Oh, btw, I had my tech person teach me how to use photobucket, so it should be o.k, but l will try your rocketscience methods to see how clever l am at really tricky stuff like using this site to upload a pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom