What happened today that neither pissed you off nor made you happy but is nevertheless noteworthy?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I just said f*ck it and upgraded myself to business class for 500 EUR. Then I'll just expense it as..I don't know, checked bag fee.

hossoso

Goes Missing More Often Than A Set Of Keys
Ratings
Food. I just don't care about it. My wife loves to cook, my best friend is a very successful chef and I am appreciative of everything they do but I do not enjoy eating. I like to cook, I like the science and method of the kitchen, I enjoy making things for other people but I rarely eat unless socially obligated. I'm just nonplussed, baby.

You may approach the bench.

Easy, breezy, beautiful,

Hossoso

hossoso

Goes Missing More Often Than A Set Of Keys
Ratings
Hygiene. Some people get off on it. The inefficient wallow in it. I shave, shower, brush and wash every day like the rest of you but there is nothing enjoyable about it. It is routine, mundane. Nevertheless... noteworthy.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
A 6ft plus tall Italian man with long hair bent over to kiss me on each cheek when I shook his hand to bid him goodbye.

Second time in the past three months Italians have surprised me in greetings and salutations.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
A 6ft plus tall Italian man with long hair bent over to kiss me on each cheek when I shook his hand to bid him goodbye.

Second time in the past three months Italians have surprised me in greetings and salutations.
Don't go to Spain then...

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I'm at the VIE airport at 8 on Saturday. At least a handful of gents here wearing a tie. Some in suits.

Last night I went to an Italian restaurant and saw two in black tie.

Last edited:

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
tongue in cheek - you don't come around a lot, huh ...
Where? I go to Munich a lot but that's all for work. It'll be the last place I choose for a holiday. Funny I don't hold the same sentiment for London in spite of being there even longer and more times than Munich.

walker

Ratings
Where? I go to Munich a lot but that's all for work. It'll be the last place I choose for a holiday. Funny I don't hold the same sentiment for London in spite of being there even longer and more times than Munich.
yeah, that's what I said. munich has a lot to offer. different strokes. nothing to lose sleep about.

btw, if you remember a few of the places/establishements you visited in vienna, this could be quite entertaining, if you could share and don't mind to do it.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
yeah, that's what I said. munich has a lot to offer. different strokes. nothing to lose sleep about.

btw, if you remember a few of the places/establishements you visited in vienna, this could be quite entertaining, if you could share and don't mind to do it.
Saint Stephen Cathedral
St Ulrich
Votivkirche
Wiener staatsoper - waltzed right in to a group tour and/or some kind of matinee
Kärntner Straße
Burgtheater
Franziskanerkirche
Schönbrunn Palace
Natural history museum and the square with Maria Theresa
Burgtor
Hofburg palace - actually from the front and then strangely I walked to it from the back and found out it was the same place
Walked by the under construction parliament and rathaus and some winter skating fair in front of it.

Places to eat
Waldviertlerhof
Gasthaus stafler
Strasser Brau (chain?)
Ulrich - next to the St. Ulrich church
Brandauers Bierbögen
Schwabl Wirt
D'Landsknecht

On the last night it rained so we went to some place called Mario's so I could indulge in buffalo mozzarella.

walker

Ratings
On the last night it rained so we went to some place called Mario's so I could indulge in buffalo mozzarella.
ad hoc - this one? https://www.mario-hietzing.at/en

the plachutta family is an ambassador for the typical viennese beef kitchen like tafelspitz - you name it. they run five or six places in vienna. mario's, named after their son, is the first venture into another kitchen style. it is right around the corner of their first venue -

hietzinger bräu - https://www.plachutta-hietzing.at/en

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
ad hoc - this one? https://www.mario-hietzing.at/en

the plachutta family is an ambassador for the typical viennese beef kitchen like tafelspitz - you name it. they run five or six places in vienna. mario's, named after their son, is the first venture into another kitchen style. it is right around the corner of their first venue -

hietzinger bräu - https://www.plachutta-hietzing.at/en
Yes. That's it. We sat at the bar area. After about 2100, people started lighting up all manners of cigarettes and cigars around us. It made me tempted. I had the buffalo mozzarella from apulia and Ăśberbackene Zitronentarte mit frischen Erdbeeren - which I think is a lemon tart. Wasn't really hungry with all the wine. I'm naturally wary of chains and franchises especially around tourist areas. Thanks for the backdrop. I'm sure it won't be my last time to Vienna if I continue to be in this firm.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
Today an attractive young girl, told me that I look like Hugh Laurie from his House days. Probably because I dress funny and have a funny accent.

Top Bottom