What happened today that neither pissed you off nor made you happy but is nevertheless noteworthy?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Uoside: I somehow managed to log into an old Hotmail account I thought was long lost years ago.

Downside: they wiped all my old emails last July due to inactivity. No great loss, just pics of ex’s and old family correspondence
Stop trusting the cloud.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
I’d long since given up hope of ever being able to get into that old account, after a gazillion failed password attempts. But now that I am back in, I’m remembering some of the old stuff that should be there but isn’t

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I’d long since given up hope of ever being able to get into that old account, after a gazillion failed password attempts. But now that I am back in, I’m remembering some of the old stuff that should be there but isn’t
I have e-mails going back to 2003. I'm not really sure I'll ever go back and check any of the archives. I was storing it myself on my own computers and now have transferred it online. A lot of times I simply use it to check when was the last time I bought or purchased something and what e-mail account I used to recover my account name and password. Beyond that it's a bit painful and embarrassing to go through all my correspondence with my lady friends and the things I was infatuated with at the time.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
No but where I was working spent millions on Y2K
The IT consultants made a killing back then. Most, if not all of them, knew nothing would happen and rode the wave bigly on their grand a day plus expenses.
And to think all I was doing was watching Ricky Martin ring in the new year and anticipating the next release from N sync.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Yesterday was Victoria Day in Canada. I worked most of the day. I had a call with my peers and my boss at 1300 and then afterwards ran to the airport. As I was getting out of the airport train I was getting my electronic boarding pass ready and noticed an e-mail saying the conference we had out on the west coast was cancelled. The days looked funny (I was not going to be there Thursday anyway) and so I rang my boss and he said all able bodies have been dispatched to put out some fire in another subsidiary somewhere else. I spent the next 20 minutes on the phone with the corporate travel agency trying to get refunds or credits for everything. Then I took the airport train straight home and then bought a train ticket to come back out to the village I work in that evening.

This job gives my life movie like moments sometimes.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
This is strange... I disappeared from the global org chart. In fact, all of Americas is missing...hopefully that's simply an oversight.

ballmouse

Ratings

Watching this puts everything in life into a new perspective. Makes me think of the old days where my dad and my brothers might just be sitting around watching the TV and stumble onto something like this and just watch the whole thing. Oh, I watched everything at 2x speed. It's quite long, so I'd recommend that.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Going to an outdoor wine tasting after work in a suit and tie in 30c weather with humidity bringing it into the mid 30s or higher. Also got to see winemakers do a pour and then grab a towel and wipe the sweat off their foreheads. Same with the chap in between playing country tunes on stage. Water was being sold at a premium because for some reason the organizers never accounted people might need to hydrate with their alcohol consumption. I reckon I could have snuck in a case of water and made a tidy profit.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I was at a cooking demonstration last night. This must have been some kind of beginner class. People had never tried rapini before. They needed steps to make roasted potatoes tossed in oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Some bloke there kept getting confused because the chef did a few steps in advance like boil the pasta, or put in garlic after the meat instead of before so he was persistent trying to understand why step 4 was before 3 or 7 was before 8. This is the same man who put up his hand and asked what braising is. I wondered how these people ever feed themselves.

Top Bottom