What happened today that neither pissed you off nor made you happy but is nevertheless noteworthy?

walker

you fw.cktards can't even synchronize with the EU, so what?

ps btw, the list is going on ..., ymmv

Two days after we change to daylight savings time ahead of everyone else in North America my mobile says your time zone has changed. I open my eyes wider trying to wake up from my hotel bed and wondered which country I am in.

Fwiffo

Supporter
After the gym I decided to wear a dark burgundy pair of wool trousers, my Hardy Amies window pane jacket, my BB blue French cuff dress shirt and my Nazi era dark red tie from Hugo Boss. And of course my silver band Rolex watch passed on to me from my father that was passed on to him by my grandfather. Very pedestrian AE double monk in black.

Fwiffo

Supporter
There is a record jackpot for the local lottery today. The reporter on the morning news radio was interviewing random people on what they would do with 70M. He came across an Irishman who said there are going to be plenty of parties at the pub and he would use the money to buy a new liver.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Young couple at the rail platform for a crack of dawn train. They embrace and kiss and the man longingly lets the woman board the train. He stares at the rail car as she climbs up to the second floor. What happens next is my conjecture but given his quivering lips and his gaze upwards and his typing on the mobile I believe this is how the text only generation say a fond farewell.

Fwiffo

Supporter
"On the morning of the 25th, the Germans sent the Mayor of Calais to Nicholson to ask him to surrender, saying that if he did not, they would bomb and shell the town until it was razed. Nicholson said: 'Surrender? No, I shall not surrender. Tell the Germans that if they want Calais they will have to fight for it.'. He received and refused another offer to surrender from the Germans: 'The answer is no, as it is the British Army’s duty to fight as well as it is the Germans.""

Fwiffo

Supporter
On my final day travelling for business I realise my inappropriate choice for socks paired with a suit is due to my brother's baby rearranging my sock drawer.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Apparently both Newfoundland and Gibraltar are known as the Rock.

Fwiffo

Supporter
"It's an old cliche that the American Republic was founded on the principles of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, while Canada's founders preferred peace, order and good government."

I thought that was eloquent.

Fwiffo

Supporter
About five different people at senior levels have asked me how am I doing during the past 48 hours. More of a how are you holding up, are you stressed because you don't show it.

Whenever it's a crisis situation I just focus, put my head down, and execute. This is one of those career defining moments. What else can I do? Quit and self isolate to hide from the challenge?

Top Bottom