What happened today that neither pissed you off nor made you happy but is nevertheless noteworthy?

I tried to sell this ultrasonic bone stimulator thing I had on ebay, and they rejected the listing as it is a prescription item. My friend says that I should donate it to some charity for a tax deduction. In the past, they've de-listed a key chain they said was brass knuckles.

I tried to sell this ultrasonic bone stimulator thing I had on ebay, and they rejected the listing as it is a prescription item. My friend says that I should donate it to some charity for a tax deduction. In the past, they've de-listed a key chain they said was brass knuckles.

You can't list brass knuckles on ebay? What a bunch of bitches.

A feud has broken out between a founding member of the Village People and one of the group's old members over who has the right to be a Macho Man.

Millionaire playboy Ivan Wilzig, known for his electropop covers of '60s and '70s peace songs, invited Randy Jones, the original Village People cowboy, to perform at a party held at his Hamptons mansion.

The party, scheduled for August 22, will be Studio 54-themed, with all guests invited to dress up as either the cowboy, the Indian, the construction worker, GI, leatherman or policeman.

Trouble erupted when Wilzig also invited Felipe Rose, founding member and Indian in the Village People. When Rose found out that Jones was performing, he "flipped out," according to a Page Six "source", "He wanted Randy disinvited."

Rose, who performed with the Village People when they came to Australia in March for the Golden Plains music festival, is one of the longest serving members of the group. Jones left the group in 1980, rejoined for the reunion in 1987, and left again in 1991.

Wilzig must have a soft spot for cowboys, however, as he rescinded Rose's invitation as long as Rose was unwilling to cooperate.

Jones responded to the kerfuffle with puns and good spirit, saying, "If through any miscommunication Felipe's feathers have been ruffled from one of his gorgeous headdresses, I'm sure we could find a time and place to have a powwow and pass around the peace pipe."

Now Wilzig and Jones are waiting to see if Rose will bury the hatchet.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...dly-at-war-20150803-giq271.html#ixzz3hibpUNsK

Ate some sausage last night. Tasted kind of off so i stopped. Woke up this morning feeling not great. Checked the expiry date. July 30.

Ate some sausage last night. Tasted kind of off so i stopped. Woke up this morning feeling not great. Checked the expiry date. July 30.

If we don't hear from you tomorrow we'll know what happened.

I think over half the flight to Newark is full of men with yarmulke - that many Jewish people live there?

Now even the Hasidic Jews.

Went to lunch with a guy today, talking job prospects. It was good. Better, because he bought lunch. After swapping stories and talking about Master's programs, he tells me he has a contact at a startup and I'd be a great fit. He gives me the contact's name. We connect this afternoon and trade a couple of emails. The guy has a fairly common last name but his picture comes up on his gmail account. As does mine.

We're both in the Reserves. One weekend a month, we work in the same room.

Went to lunch with a guy today, talking job prospects. It was good. Better, because he bought lunch. After swapping stories and talking about Master's programs, he tells me he has a contact at a startup and I'd be a great fit. He gives me the contact's name. We connect this afternoon and trade a couple of emails. The guy has a fairly common last name but his picture comes up on his gmail account. As does mine.

We're both in the Reserves. One weekend a month, we work in the same room.
So you gonna take the job?

I received a painting as a gift from a female companion of mine that on first glance looks like the picture of Dorian Gray. No, not the shining handsome one - the other one that is covered up and moved to his attic.

Is there a message to this?

One of these buggers nearly hopped over my shoe once on the sidewalk.

Landed in Borneo the other day. Nonplussed. I just... so what, really? It's not that different from Java. I thought it'd be something but it's not. It's nothing.

I should go out into the jungle.

Landed in Borneo the other day. Nonplussed. I just... so what, really? It's not that different from Java. I thought it'd be something but it's not. It's nothing.

I should go out into the jungle.
Be like the wild men of

Borneo is great, and you should go out into the jungle.

Before you go, though, you should quickly get hold of these two books so you know what you're getting yourself into:

Stranger in the Forest by Eric Hansen, about a crazy white man who walked across Borneo:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0375724958/?tag=tag=dresforu-20

Into the Heart of Borneo, by Redmond O'Hanlon - an eccentric British academic and his eccentric poet friend decide to travel up a river into the heart of Borneo:

Into the Heart of Borneo: Redmond O'Hanlon: 9780394755403: Amazon.com: Books

Both very good. I read the O'Hanlon book not long after getting back from travelling through SE Asia, including some time in Borneo, and really felt a longing to be back there again, even some of it was thoroughly uncomfortable at the time.

I was coming back from Atlanta and passed by a duty free shop to purchase some whisky. The salesperson manning the liquor and tobacco section was shadowing me. I told him I'd reach out to him if I needed anything whilst moving away from him. He then asked from behind, "You're coming from Toronto?" To which I turned to him and replied, "Yes - how do you know?" And he made a gesture to how I was dressed. Is there an impression amongst Americans how people dress in Toronto? I'm not sure people here dress particularly well.

This is the international terminal and I must have passed by at least three flights to the UK, one to Munich, one to Paris and a few to South America during my time there. Granted, they all look like they were filled with passengers "dressed down" for holidays.

I was coming back from Atlanta and passed by a duty free shop to purchase some whisky. The salesperson manning the liquor and tobacco section was shadowing me. I told him I'd reach out to him if I needed anything whilst moving away from him. He then asked from behind, "You're coming from Toronto?" To which I turned to him and replied, "Yes - how do you know?" And he made a gesture to how I was dressed. Is there an impression amongst Americans how people dress in Toronto? I'm not sure people here dress particularly well.

This is the international terminal and I must have passed by at least three flights to the UK, one to Munich, one to Paris and a few to South America during my time there. Granted, they all look like they were filled with passengers "dressed down" for holidays.

You were in a suit, right? No one flies to Europe in a suit unless it is a custom fresco blazer suit

The clerk must read SF

You were in a suit, right? No one flies to Europe in a suit unless it is a custom fresco blazer suit

The clerk must read SF

Thinking about it since all US cities are eliminated, and Air Canada and Delta only fly to/from Canada to Toronto (I've been on too many flights to know about the horrible connection times) - I reckon you could be right. There aren't any other business destinations. Still I assumed better for the one Heathrow flight. Manchester not so much.

I always wear a suit to Europe. I have a carry on soft bag and it's one less suit for me to pack.

You were in a suit, right? No one flies to Europe in a suit unless it is a custom fresco blazer suit.

I was flying back from Japan in the middle of winter a few years back, on a flight that departed at 9:30 at night and arrived at 6:30 local time the following morning, and there was a man in front of me in the check-in queue wearing a navy fresco suit with patch pockets on the jacket. His trousers were cuffed at the ankle and he wasn't wearing any socks. He was wearing a pair of Carmina loafers.

Who the hell turns up at an airport in the middle of winter wearing a fresco suit and loafers without socks for a night-flight? Well, it turned out that someone who works for P.Johnson Tailors does!

I was flying back from Japan in the middle of winter a few years back, on a flight that departed at 9:30 at night and arrived at 6:30 local time the following morning, and there was a man in front of me in the check-in queue wearing a navy fresco suit with patch pockets on the jacket. His trousers were cuffed at the ankle and he wasn't wearing any socks. He was wearing a pair of Carmina loafers.

Who the hell turns up at an airport in the middle of winter wearing a fresco suit and loafers without socks for a night-flight? Well, it turned out that someone who works for P.Johnson Tailors does!
Bollocks

Never have I flown in a suit or odd jacket for that matter

I have, when I'm flying for work - quite often I'll come in to work in the morning and then fly in the afternoon, so I'll be wearing a suit or an odd jacket/trouser combination. It also saves on packing as if I'm away for a couple of days I'll wear the same combination on the second day.

However, this particular person wasn't flying for work - he'd been on holiday visiting family in Japan and was flying back to Sydney via Cairns, so it didn't make any sense for him to be wearing a lightweight suit and loafers without socks at all, even ignoring the fact that he was catching the plane at night, in the middle of Japanese winter!

I helped a mother lift her stroller with a sleeping toddler in it up two flights of stairs in the subway today. When we got to the top she neither looked at me nor thanked me.

I hate strollers too, a stupid American waste of plastic.

I helped a mother lift her stroller with a sleeping toddler in it up two flights of stairs in the subway today. When we got to the top she neither looked at me nor thanked me.

I hate strollers too, a stupid American waste of plastic.
You prefer the hands free shopping pouches that hangs the baby in front? That's why we have so many retarded kids. I don't blame them though - you'd be developmentally disabled if you had to stare at your mother's chest for the entirety of your formative years.

You prefer the hands free shopping pouches that hangs the baby in front? That's why we have so many retarded kids. I don't blame them though - you'd be developmentally disabled if you had to stare at your mother's chest for the entirety of your formative years.

Baby should hang on the back.

I make it a habit to walk quick enough past subway stairs or any stairs to avoid assisting. Too many potential liability issues. What if the stroller breaks? What if she drops her end? You get pushed by someone and drop yours?

I make it a habit to walk quick enough past subway stairs or any stairs to avoid assisting. Too many potential liability issues. What if the stroller breaks? What if she drops her end? You get pushed by someone and drop yours?

:okay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom