What happened today that neither pissed you off nor made you happy but is nevertheless noteworthy?

Cancer male zodiac sign

I've never believed in the bastardized version of astrology that we've inherited from the ancient Greeks but this article has me spot on!

The only issue is my birthday isn't Cancer.

so we can see if it matches to your predilection to identify with zodiac other than the one you have.

I happen to be the Cancer zodiac sign. That description is about as far away from me as the Zodiac Killer.

I use to know this hippy lady who had got all of our signs mapped with the rising sign and location/time of birth. It looked Aleister Crowley New Dawnesque and to my delight and surprise all these esoteric aware ladies were extremely impressed with my chart. There was this poor chap who was extremely disappointed as his nothing of interested.

so we can see if it matches to your predilection to identify with zodiac other than the one you have.

I was two weeks overdue. I'm born one day after the end of Cancer although I have seen some calendars that say Cancer includes my day of birth.

I was two weeks overdue. I'm born one day after the end of Cancer although I have seen some calendars that say Cancer includes my day of birth.

You sure you’re not confused about what people mean when they describe you as ‘a cancer’?

I got to work at 8am. Somehow after work, I took a 40 minute subway ride uptown to hit up Konjiki Ramen - Michelin in Japan. Then an Izakaya there. Took the subway down. Hotel bar. Last call. Restaurant bar. Last call. Went with the remaining people in an Uber SUV from the restaurant to a club. Got through the VIP queue because of some bloke I met at the bar who kept calling me boss. Left the club at 5. Woke up at 9. Cleaned up. Going for luncheon with my parents.

I was drinking at a local pub until pretty much until closing when an off shift waitress sits at the bar next to me. I knew it was trouble. Got a free round of drinks, some kisses, and she took my iPhone made a bunch of selfies. Hard to keep up with these younger ones but are they ever good at milking you for money.

I was drinking at a local pub until pretty much until closing when an off shift waitress sits at the bar next to me. I knew it was trouble. Got a free round of drinks, some kisses, and she took my iPhone made a bunch of selfies. Hard to keep up with these younger ones but are they ever good at milking you for money.

You got kisses, pics and a free drink. How did you get milked for money exactly?

You got kisses, pics and a free drink. How did you get milked for money exactly?

Uber. The original plan was going to another place which I did call the car for but I was just too knackered and sloshed to go with her.

Unfortunately one double Jameson for free ($15?) was not going to make up the UberX charge.

There was a power outage at our Caracas office. It took the staff member there two days to get into the office and make sure everything was okay.

I just noticed that my brain works quite differently from other people. An account manager walked with me to this restaurant the day before through a series of sky bridges, alleyways and streets. Yesterday I had to go to the same restaurant and I was able to piece together the directions based on landmarks, stores and buildings I passed by. As long as I've walked a place and made the mental notes, I can retrace my steps with that mental map. I can't, however, ever read paper maps and follow them.

This is different from someone I know who is 100% reliant on a mobile phone's GPS.

I just noticed that my brain works quite differently from other people. An account manager walked with me to this restaurant the day before through a series of sky bridges, alleyways and streets. Yesterday I had to go to the same restaurant and I was able to piece together the directions based on landmarks, stores and buildings I passed by. As long as I've walked a place and made the mental notes, I can retrace my steps with that mental map. I can't, however, ever read paper maps and follow them.

I do the same thing, although I'm fairly good at map-reading, too.

My wife, unfortunately, has an awful sense of direction. Amazingly, she still doesn't know her way around some parts of the suburbs near her family home in Tokyo and is surprised when I point and tell her that if we walk in that direction, we'll come to a major road, then we'll follow it, turn right, then left, then find her parents' place.

Like you, I tend to navigate via familiar buildings and other landmarks, plus the number of turns taken.

I am the opposite. I can go anywhere with a compass and topographic map. But navigating in memory, I’m certain to take some wrong turns.

Though now I mostly just go where the gps tells me to.

Just wait to the ESA's Galileo satellites go live, that will be a new universe in GPS accuracy.

You'll never be wondering why the navigation sent you off the highway and back-on at the same turn-off again.

I will be saddened when summer ends and the women in the financial district stop wearing pencil skirts.

As much as I enjoy the recent trend in yoga pants, I do miss seeing mini-skirts and summer dresses around.

My daughter lost her first tooth today, in the school cafeteria. She threw it away with her lunch rubbish though. Now I don't know what to tell her about tooth fairies!

My daughter lost her first tooth today, in the school cafeteria. She threw it away with her lunch rubbish though. Now I don't know what to tell her about tooth fairies!

You can avoid lying to her about fantasy creatures that don't exist. Plus she isn't carrying around a rotting and browning tooth as a trophy. I see it as a win win.

I'm at an all-day meeting at the FBI building, where they have a strict no cell phones beyond security policy. Remember in the old days you'd see a gaggle of smokers massed just outside the doors during meeting breaks? Well now it's a flock of people sucking in their data on their mobile devices as quickly as they can during a twenty minute break.

I'm at an all-day meeting at the FBI building, where they have a strict no cell phones beyond security policy. Remember in the old days you'd see a gaggle of smokers massed just outside the doors during meeting breaks? Well now it's a flock of people sucking in their data on their mobile devices as quickly as they can during a twenty minute break.

Should I pity those who are checking their mobile and smoking at the same time?

Today's the last day I leave my family home to go to work on commuter rail.

I really ought to move my secondary ties, links, squares and suits to storage at my aunt's house or to the city.

My father is closing the sale of the family home today. 30+ years our family has held Christmases, Thanksgivings, Easters, etc there. My brother's budding family ought to have it but don't have the means to buy a seven digit property. I could buy it with a mortgage but I hate maintaining a house and work always sends me somewhere for a few years that I wouldn't be around to call it a home anyway. Some of the neighbours have been there from the beginning. I've known since I was trying to sell them Christmas gift wrap for school fundraising.

The end of an era.

I always thought that house would pass on for generations.

does your father need the money or could a deal be arranged within the family?

My father is closing the sale of the family home today. 30+ years our family has held Christmases, Thanksgivings, Easters, etc there. My brother's budding family ought to have it but don't have the means to buy a seven digit property. I could buy it with a mortgage but I hate maintaining a house and work always sends me somewhere for a few years that I wouldn't be around to call it a home anyway. Some of the neighbours have been there from the beginning. I've known since I was trying to sell them Christmas gift wrap for school fundraising.

The end of an era.

I always thought that house would pass on for generations.

Last edited:
did your father need the money or could a deal be arranged within the family?

He doesn't really need the money. Between his savings and my mother's pension they are doing well. They have enough to travel three or four times a year to Europe and Asia. The money would help fund any long term stay as they want to get away from the Canadian winter.

My mother proposed that I pay her my money and they would go travel and I would hold the house for my brother and his family but continue to rent my flat in the city. I didn't quite see the upside for me in that equation other than I would lose my retirement savings, cash, and equities.

He doesn't really need the money. Between his savings and my mother's pension they are doing well. They have enough to travel three or four times a year to Europe and Asia. The money would help fund any long term stay as they want to get away from the Canadian winter.

My mother proposed that I pay her my money and they would go travel and I would hold the house for my brother and his family but continue to rent my flat in the city. I didn't quite see the upside for me in that equation other than I would lose my retirement savings, cash, and equities.

that sounds fair and reasonable.

not quite, imo. depends on your family ties, though.

I would have to invoke a one time withdrawal of my retirement savings and break out of tax shelter status. It would be tax free but only tax free once a lifetime to buy property. Let's say I save again in my tax shelter and want to buy property for myself then I would end up being taxed.

of course, I'm not familiar with the tax regulations, which apply to your situation. this is particularly your field and you will put it into your considerations or did already.

I would have to invoke a one time withdrawal of my retirement savings and break out of tax shelter status. It would be tax free but only tax free once a lifetime to buy property. Let's say I save again in my tax shelter and want to buy property for myself then I would end up being taxed.

I let HR know that they overpaid me on my first pay cheque.

Who does that? Oh - me.

Positive: day off work today for Bush memorial
Negative: will spend it with my puking 5yo girl who came down with her first tummy virus last night.

Positive: day off work today for Bush memorial
Negative: will spend it with my puking 5yo girl who came down with her first tummy virus last night.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Is it a day off for everyone or just because you work for the government? Are schools closed? I know the stock market is.

Thanks mate. Just State and Fed employees off, the other poor shmucks are still working.

I am not sure I would drive a Toyota at 150km/hr on a highway but okay.

Pretty much, in fact, the only marriage left standing of those of our generation and social circle here in The Hague is mine and the missus. Two went in the past couple of weeks, one with baby, over his money being his money. The other being his missus stopped having sex with him and said no more due to that time of life, well that was her excuse, and they tried the open marriage routine and that was that.

I dunno' you have let off steam to clear the air and have to come to terms that once you baby them up, as sure as hell, your money's not your own, especially if you go the divorce route.

IMG_20181216_0829208.jpg

Mrs Dropbear is cutting back carbs. Since we eat together on the weekends, I guess I have to. I feel like I’m going to pass out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom