What happened today that neither pissed you off nor made you happy but is nevertheless noteworthy?

Not sure if it is kosher these days to admit I'm at a bar, met an ex bartender, hugged. Making lots of people-people contact.

Definitely not staying safe, staying home, protecting front line workers.

Not sure if it is kosher these days to admit I'm at a bar, met an ex bartender, hugged. Making lots of people-people contact.

Definitely not staying safe, staying home, protecting front line workers.
hey if you're going to go out you might as well go out with a gusto.

hey if you're going to go out you might as well go out with a gusto.

I'm trying to read whether "go out" means I'm on my way out, prepare accordingly or "go out" is I'm leaving my home for a social engagement.

I went to a special Van Gogh exhibit yesterday.

Typical of art galleries and museums, you have a gift shop, some interactive selfie booths, and a place that sells drinks and snacks. Masks are mandatory and you are given a face covering with Van Gogh printed on it if you don't have one.

As you have to queue in groups to get into the exhibit, I decided naturally to buy a drink. No espresso or alcohol so I settled for a bottle of water. Then I realised I couldn't drink my water without violating the masks need to stay on rule. What was even more strange was they set up 4 or 5 standing tables for people to congregate and presumably drink. You can only pay by credit card but the person at the till had a plastic cup asking for cash tips. Needless to say I don't know if he will ever get any tips given he is selling a product that I can't use.

When I finish with the exhibit I dropped by the selfie station where you take a photograph of yourself and it is superimposed on a Van Gogh portrait. The problem is all the selfies were of people with masks. I'm not sure if they really thought this through.

I went to a special Van Gogh exhibit yesterday.

Typical of art galleries and museums, you have a gift shop, some interactive selfie booths, and a place that sells drinks and snacks. Masks are mandatory and you are given a face covering with Van Gogh printed on it if you don't have one.

As you have to queue in groups to get into the exhibit, I decided naturally to buy a drink. No espresso or alcohol so I settled for a bottle of water. Then I realised I couldn't drink my water without violating the masks need to stay on rule. What was even more strange was they set up 4 or 5 standing tables for people to congregate and presumably drink. You can only pay by credit card but the person at the till had a plastic cup asking for cash tips. Needless to say I don't know if he will ever get any tips given he is selling a product that I can't use.

When I finish with the exhibit I dropped by the selfie station where you take a photograph of yourself and it is superimposed on a Van Gogh portrait. The problem is all the selfies were of people with masks. I'm not sure if they really thought this through.

But what about the art, dude?

People using the word toxicity.

Prior to the last 12 months I think only scientists used that word. Now it's a adjective to describe society, workplaces and any other subject matter.

People using the word toxicity.

Prior to the last 12 months I think only scientists used that word. Now it's a adjective to describe society, workplaces and any other subject matter.

not really Fwiffs. Toxic work environment has been a common HR term for yonks

No, not the word toxic.

Toxicity.

Some people with English as a second language struggle with pronouncing it.

I find it depressing now that along with choosing a watch, tie clip, cuff links, and belt that I now need to pick out which mask I am going to wear.

It is part of my routine.

I find it depressing now that along with choosing a watch, tie clip, cuff links, and belt that I now need to pick out which mask I am going to wear.

It is part of my routine.

The fashion mask shops have been quick to move into vacant shop space.

No, not the word toxic.

Toxicity.

Some people with English as a second language struggle with pronouncing it.

deal with it. Soon enough that will mean that everyone in the GTA will mispronounce it based on our Express Entry intakes.

For the second weekend in a row I was on my endless coronavirus walk with my headphones on and a family member spotted me from half a block away and screamed at me. Last week it was my brother. This week it was my second cousin.
I was completely oblivious to them but then I tend to wear either bright coloured trousers or bright coloured blazers so I am a bit easy to spot.

I'm going to miss this when I have to move.

I bumped into my ex lady friend today. I was queuing to pick up my dry cleaning. The awkward uncomfortable moment was prolonged by a rare patron who needed 5 plus minutes to drop off six shirts.

Walked by 3 restaurants that shut in the past hour with a sign saying they had a staff member exposed or tested positive.

There's my old office, being turned into luxury apartments, it's a year ago now since we left, it all changes and we move on:

IMG_1365.PNG

No, that's the skeleton, they're now putting the scaffolding and there's two additional floors going on the top. Penthouses with gardens. It's all going to be extended out somewhat.

Oh that. I remember when I went to some small US cities they were revitalizing their downtown core by refurbishing office towers into flats. The problem I see is they don't build amenities within walking distance. It defeats the purpose of living in an urban environment if you have to jump in a car because you can't walk across a highway to get to the grocery store.

Probably better concrete floors that hide noise than new cheaper residential buildings.

Someone on my Instagram posted a photograph of her eating at a Brazilian steakhouse in the northeast of US. As if a buffet wasn't contagious enough for coronavirus, it's okay if a piece of meat is brought to every table so people can gawk and spit on it before serving?

My kids’ school did a fire drill. The kids are all studying remotely.

I'm torn between too cold, too soon and the fact that it does look purty

View attachment 35380

It's been a cold end of September and start of October here too. Those interested in global warming and reducing carbon emissions, may be interested to note that the sun's flare activities are in a periodic lull, which generally corresponds with colder winters.

Just had a text from my sister, they've taken my father away with a Section 3 order under the Mental Health Act. That's a one way ticket to the loony bin.

Can't say I'm pissed-off, so no good posting there.

It feels a bit strange, not that there's any father or son bond. No love there or sense of time to bury the hatchet and resolve the conflict. Too late for all of that now anyway. It feels strange because it confirms my view of him as quite mad. Not as a hatter, but like a sociopath and it was years later I came across narcissism as a pathological disorder which he fitted down to a tee.

It seems a fitting end to the long dark shadow if his life. Not that he's aware of it, my sister says he thinks he's at work.

Given that we're changing our clocks and watches today, people that set their clocks or watches a few minutes ahead of what time it really is.

I never understood the point of that. You end up doing mental math every time you look at that time piece. Why expend the unnecessary calories on that?

I don't know, but I only know women who do this. And it doesn't even keep them on time for appointments either.

Is that just to get to your front gate?

the first one is out to the barn. the middle one is the roundabout out to the front gate. I parked the tractor next to the house as it is a straight shot to the front gate. 400m of front driveway

Charles Dickens came to my hometown and walked University Avenue. Astonishing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom