What happened today that neither pissed you off nor made you happy but is nevertheless noteworthy?

Amazon sent me a notice the gummy multi vitamins I bought from them a few months ago have shards of metal wire in them. It was a 150 tablet bottle. I was down to the last dozen or so.

Amazon sent me a notice the gummy multi vitamins I bought from them a few months ago have shards of metal wire in them. It was a 150 tablet bottle. I was down to the last dozen or so.
probably get the ones without iron in them next time

Google books has digitised a history book that I am in. It’s a small paragraph about my days arms smuggling and advising a liberation army - but it pops up on a google search of my name. One of my staff looked me up on the internet and shared it with the other people who work for me.

Google books has digitised a history book that I am in. It’s a small paragraph about my days arms smuggling and advising a liberation army - but it pops up on a google search of my name. One of my staff looked me up on the internet and shared it with the other people who work for me.

My name is Ozymandias Dropbear, King of Kings;

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away.

I had different video calls today with people from Europe and people from US and people from Canada. The Germans, Swiss, Spanish, Dutch, Italian and Canadians were working from home - except me. But our CxOs in the US took the calls from their offices.

I can tell the difference between Arabic and Farsi by phonetic pitch and intonations alone.

Walking around aimlessly yesterday until I came back to my block and saw the sports bar underneath were setting up their outdoor patio.

The manager was sitting in his own patio on his mobile and waved at me a few times. I'm going to have to walk the other way if I don't want to get dragged in when outdoor dining finally reopens next week.

The manager was sitting in his own patio on his mobile and waved at me a few times. I'm going to have to walk the other way if I don't want to get dragged in when outdoor dining finally reopens next week.
its a good thing to be in with the boss at the local sports bar fwiffers.

its a good thing to be in with the boss at the local sports bar fwiffers.

Let's see how many are still in business. I know everyone down this street but I don't know if I would return if the staff were different. I'd rather try a new watering hole.

Couldn’t think of any place worse than a “Sports Bar”

It's a place where you ask for a short glass and the rim of the glass tastes like they were used for bloody Mary or margarita. Wine is sugary and there are only a few white or red. Most patrons drink commercial beer brands with the odd craft local thrown in. But they have a lot of television screens including one in your own booth.

It’s the Sports I object to not a Bar.

I loathe tv in cafes and bars.
If I wanted to see sport, I would go to the appropriate stadium or football ground.

Sports being shown in bars brings out the tribal and not in a good way. Never got it myself.

If I wanted to see sport, I would go to the appropriate stadium or football ground.

Sports being shown in bars brings out the tribal and not in a good way. Never got it myself.

Sometimes you have to slum it.

I like a quiet beer garden or wine bar. I used to spend a lot of time in grotty little hole on the wall bars playing loud punk rock or live music. The whole sports bar thing is pretty alien to me.

We're opening at 1201am tonight. I already have text messages from bartenders and waitress telling me to drop by.

We're opening at 1201am tonight. I already have text messages from bartenders and waitress telling me to drop by.

1623396253933.png

I read that Hall and Oates are the biggest selling duo in pop history. Apparently a track that was not a single is very popular.

I always thought they were eminently forgettable.
lot of great soul influenced pop songs. Never a huge fan but I have a bit of respect.

Daryls video series in his home studio with guests is very good.

I don't remember the last time I bought a paper. I used to read them in lounges and on the plane on takeoff because you can't have electronics out.

Two Asians standing in front of some banner and handing out pamphlets on communist China and abortions. No one was interested and foot traffic light so I saw they were reading their own pamphlets. I reckon you need to familiarize yourself with the materials before making the sale.

The schizophrenic dude who bums smokes off me sat down for a convo. Apparently he went looking for ho's last night but they were bad girls. I asked him aren't all the ho's in his price range bad. He said these were really bad and the paddy wagon took them away. Evacuees from the Northern forest fires trying to make a quick buck but they got into a scrap, the rollers moved in and carted them off and he never got his dick sucked.

Better than the other day when the other schizo told me if he had a gun he would shoot me in the head. I asked him if he shot me who would give him smokes. He said he wouldn't shoot me and it was just a test. I passed.

I pass by falun gong people who usually have music in the background, a few people doing what I assume is prayer, a banner and someone handing out pamphlets. On a persistence scale, I would say they're a grade above the Jehovah's witness. Today I saw a white man as part of their prayer group. Closed eyes. Doing some weird tai chi like moves. Must be branching out with new recruits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom