What happened today that neither pissed you off nor made you happy but is nevertheless noteworthy?

Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith what the fuck is this all about?

jjw0v4bqz9c71.jpg
Not sure, the Dutch toilets are not quite like that, at least anymore.

Today I learned how few medicos are still around with experience using a bifurcated needle to vaccinate.

Today I learned how few medicos are still around with experience using a bifurcated needle to vaccinate.

Wasn't that used for smallpox?

Not much call for using bifurcated needles for the past 40 years, in that case.

Wasn't that used for smallpox?

Not much call for using bifurcated needles for the past 40 years, in that case.
Yes. We had a case of Monkeypox recently and the smallpox vaccine is recommended for post exposure prophylaxis.

The defence force here did mass smallpox vaccinating in 2003 before sending people to the gulf, but no one has kept their skills up since then.

I tried on an old Harry Stedman OCBD today and I could hardly get it on. The time I bought it I was 77kgs, and a 42 chest, now I'm back to 88kgs and 44 chest full of muscle. No chance of sporting that. I think that brand's well gone, one of JFM's mucca's who allegedly ripped him off on the shirt designs.

There's a place in Gouda that sells ''designer'' second hand clothes and you get your cut. The last time I had a clear out was 2015, I went from a 16 to a 16.5 neck within a short period and that little change makes a world of difference, if you're sporting ties. After that I ditched the Ivy look and went back to a full-on the English style with some exceptions. In the late 1990s early 2000's I was into Gieves & Hawkes, what they are now is not a patch on what they were back then. I was also 15.5 neck in those days. Gieves & Hawkes were magnificent back then before the Chinese took them over.

The rector farted rather loudly this morning, while giving the homily. His face went the brightest shade of red while he continued on as if no one heard it.

My seven year old started taking a summer fashion design course at the museum of fine arts. Soon she’s going to get on my case about dressing better! 😂

I’ve received a few death threats over the past year, but today I got a letter from this group. Mixed-in with accusations of crimes against humanity they also demand I restore the secret queen of Canada.

Was that a group, or one person? It reads more like a lone lady who's a bit doolally as we use to say in the UK.

I read this today:

I know a couple of anti-vaxxers, plenty of anti-lock-downers, but only a couple enough to go on the protests.

The common denominator, in the case of the anti-vaxxers, is that they're so not what you would expect. All seemingly solid citizens and not prone to conspiracy theories under usual circumstances. .

The English in that letter is atrocious and comparable to the spam I receive in e-mail.

Was that a group, or one person? It reads more like a lone lady who's a bit doolally as we use to say in the UK.

I read this today:

I know a couple of anti-vaxxers, plenty of anti-lock-downers, but only a couple enough to go on the protests.

The common denominator, in the case of the anti-vaxxers, is that they're so not what you would expect. All seemingly solid citizens and not prone to conspiracy theories under usual circumstances. .

I sent it to our FBI liaison who said he was familiar with them, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just one person sending kooky letters. No where near as sinister as the sovereign citizen group that dropped a crazy cease and desist letter in my home mailbox.

The more activist antivaxxers used to be crazy lefty hippies but these days they are as likely to be middle class yoga instructors and Trump fans.

The English in that letter is atrocious and comparable to the spam I receive in e-mail.

the letter they sent me had impeccable referencing and use of citations.

Last edited:
I was in my neighbourhood dropping off and picking up dry cleaning and walked by a sports bar watering hole twice to see two white cops first surround a white man who was sitting down at a table and then on second pass one of them was sitting with him and the other was probably inside with the bar manager. Reckon the homeless didn't want to leave the patio as service had started but it's a private space so he has to be evicted.

I forgot to buy mussels and walked two blocks away only to see the same two cops come with sirens blaring because I saw a black man in front of a sushi restaurant chase two oriental men back into the store. The oriental woman was pulling the black guy's arm to get him out of the store. He gave up and then proceeded to start arranging the tables and seats so he could stretch out for a nap. Something irritated him and he threw a glass bottle at the door when the cops then pull up.

I am positive the third or fourth incident these cops will respond to today will be met with soaked with ill tempers and foul attitudes.

I just realised those US Open tennis matches at night aren't replays but live. Some go pretty late.

I got a crash course today on the No Surprises Act and its impact on prices and payments in the US health care system.

I got another death threat at my home address from the crazy Canadian covid conspiracy cuckoos. I’m not too concerned, but I’m using it as an excuse to work from home for the next week. Thank you, fuckers!

I got another death threat at my home address from the crazy Canadian covid conspiracy cuckoos. I’m not too concerned, but I’m using it as an excuse to work from home for the next week. Thank you, fuckers!
That's dreadful. We can all disagree on many things to do with the virus, and the management of it, but these loons need locking-up. Stay safe in all ways!

jesus sorry to hear about that. why you specifically?

jesus sorry to hear about that. why you specifically?

They just grab publicity available names of people part of the global vaccine biosecurity state great awakening microchipping conspiracy and then do some open source property tax records snooping to get home addresses. A few of us got letters in this batch.

They were sent from somewhere in-state, but I’m not convinced the group has a real presence here - they might just have someone willing to do mail drops here.

I saw a man walking down the street yesterday wearing rubber boots and a white t shirt with green letters stating he hates wearing rubber boots. Incidentally it was a maximum overcast with occasional sun day.

Not sure if I should be worried if my pharmacist waved at me standing outside the provincial courthouse with someone who looks dressed like a lawyer.

My brother's toddler was in for his eighth PCR test. He needs a negative result and be clear of symptoms before he can return to day care.

He has been to this test centre so often that he now gets front of the queue platinum status access.

My brother's toddler was in for his eighth PCR test. He needs a negative result and be clear of symptoms before he can return to day care.

He has been to this test centre so often that he now gets front of the queue platinum status access.
Has anybody yet met any child, or heard of a kid in their extended social circle who has had positive Covid diagnosis?

I haven't except for one at the beginning of the pandemic and one my kids advised they knew someone which turned out to be an influencer on TikTok in the States.

Tbh I've met/ heard of a few kids with a positive covid diagnosis. One, as late as two weeks ago. Two tests . Confirmed.

However, Covid-19 for all intents and purposes is not really a big deal, particularly, for kids (or most metabolically healthy adults) and why a toddler is subjected to the systemic tourture that is multiple PCR or lateral tests confounds me.

I’ve signed off on a few case investigations where the kid brought it home from daycare and infected other. Last December we had two grandparents die and another family member on dialysis following a daycare exposure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom