What happened today that neither pissed you off nor made you happy but is nevertheless noteworthy?

Has anybody yet met any child, or heard of a kid in their extended social circle who has had positive Covid diagnosis?
quite a few in my kids’ school. They do lateral flow test twice a week and caught quite a few cases across lower, middle and high school. Policy is more than 2 cases in a “pod” and they send everyone home for 2 weeks. We had quite a few of those but luckily not in my kids’ pods.

Lots of expat families, they tend to travel quite a bit and possibly a higher risk vector.

Has anybody yet met any child, or heard of a kid in their extended social circle who has had positive Covid diagnosis?

I haven't except for one at the beginning of the pandemic and one my kids advised they knew someone which turned out to be an influencer on TikTok in the States.
Yes

I haven't except for one at the beginning of the pandemic and one my kids advised they knew someone which turned out to be an influencer on TikTok in the States.
Yes, a number of them

For the record none of the tykes at his day care have ever had a confirmed case but they are struggling to get to 50 percent attendance with these rules.

You also don't get a pro rata refund or credit towards the next payment term for the days you miss - which I always maintained was a load of bollocks. There is always a queue for admittance.

You do have to bait him with children's shows on YouTube on a mobile so he doesn't notice he is in the test centre because he recognises it now.

Plenty of them, a few dozens at least (have two teachers in the family, high school and elementary school). It is the wrong question though, you should ask if any of them actually got sick to the point of needing medical attention. The answer then becomes „only one“ and she wasn’t healthy to begin with.

...you should ask if any of them actually got sick to the point of needing medical attention. The answer then becomes „only one“ and she wasn’t healthy to begin with.
There's certainly that side to it. The Chinese certainly got the formula right, get rid of the infirm and silver tops, we'll keep the young, healthy workers to be.

For a guy who spends far too much time on menswear forums, how the hell do I only own two suits?

I was targeted by the little old ladies at church to serve on the vestry next year and managed to fend them off.

I was targeted by the little old ladies at church to serve on the vestry next year and managed to fend them off.

Because of your sartorial prowess? I had to look up what vestry is.

It’s a glorified steering committee.

I always thought the vestry was a physical part of the church, used for changing into robes or vestments (hence, presumably, the name)?

But it's also used for a committee or group? That's a bit confusing.

I always thought the vestry was a physical part of the church, used for changing into robes or vestments (hence, presumably, the name)?

But it's also used for a committee or group? That's a bit confusing.
The Vestry used to be the town or shire government, but is now a committee of nosey church little old ladies. Named after the room in which they met …

The Vestry or Sacristy which is basically the rector’s changing room.

Clear as mud?

Last edited:
The vestry of any Episcopal parish has four (4) primary responsibilities. It serves as the legislative authority for the parish and shall transact all of the temporal business of the parish. The primary responsibilities are:
Take care of the parish finances Care and maintain parish facilities Choose parish leadership;
‐‐ Interview and call a Rector
‐‐ Elect delegates to the Annual Diocesan Convention
‐‐ Establish parish committees/task forces
‐‐ Appoint representatives to parish school board and/or community boards

Assist the Rector in the nurture and extension of Christ’s Church.
The legal standing of a Parish Vestry is drawn from three sources: Constitution and Canons of the Episcopal Church, the Charter and Canons of the Diocese of Alabama, and parish customs and publish vestry policies.

So basically spend money on grounds and building upkeep and plan pot luck events.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the photographs on her leolist or whatever advert site she uses are at least two decades old. Bait and switch.

My brother and cousin are around the same age and married and had kids around the same time. They have two children each. Between the names that seem to be chosen from the book of British royalty my cousin just announced her first son, master XXXX on social media. Anglophilia.

One of my mates wanted to get together before the summer patio season was over and then delayed it till end of November. He abruptly said the day before he wasn't available and would circle back later.

Now I received a Christmas card of him and his gay partner outdoors. He is unmasked. The other one has double mask.

I guess I won't be seeing him anymore. The strange thing is he teaches at a school. If anyone should be scared, it ought to be me.

My brother and cousin are around the same age and married and had kids around the same time. They have two children each. Between the names that seem to be chosen from the book of British royalty my cousin just announced her first son, master XXXX on social media. Anglophilia.
Not into all the ritual, the weddings, the christenings, but I do like parties and a good wake in the right vibe.

Methodism is attractive to me, except for the absenteeism around booze. They're hard core compared to the Church of England duffers: I don't really believe. Well do fuck-off then and join the Church of Anton Lavey.
One of my mates wanted to get together before the summer patio season was over and then delayed it till end of November. He abruptly said the day before he wasn't available and would circle back later.

Now I received a Christmas card of him and his gay partner outdoors. He is unmasked. The other one has double mask.

I guess I won't be seeing him anymore. The strange thing is he teaches at a school. If anyone should be scared, it ought to be me.
You've read a lot into that.

Not into all the ritual, the weddings, the christenings, but I do like parties and a good wake in the right vibe.

Methodism is attractive to me, except for the absenteeism around booze. They're hard core compared to the Church of England duffers: I don't really believe. Well do fuck-off then and join the Church of Anton Lavey.

You've read a lot into that.

Christmas card says see you 2022.

And this was the one who came with me to an outdoor stadium in the summer, wouldn't take off his mask, stayed a good metre away from anyone even at the seat. Never drank nor ate because the mask would come off...outdoors.

The other one must be in a NASA space suit every day.

Are you a square? You don't know the hip 2021 moves?

(I read about that when it came out and she did a followup vid crying due to the backlash!)
yes because god forbid people get upset about me doing a tiktok dance over my sick baby's body. what's the world coming to?!?!

yes because god forbid people get upset about me doing a tiktok dance over my sick baby's body. what's the world coming to?!?!

Obs you don't know about followers and views. It's all about VIEWS!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom