What TV Shows Are You Watching?

With Ferrari I just thought he moved back to the film world. It'll be interesting to see what the streaming ratings are because I read HBO isn't in it to be a loss leader. After all they don't have e-commerce or mobile phone or theme park revenue to fund their productions.

I'm making my way through One Day.

I vaguely remember the movie with Anne Hathaway. I didn't know it was a book so I don't know whether Ambika Mod is racially more reflective of the original character. There are some scenes I remember like the Mexican waitressing, the part where he sneaks out for coke in the washroom, and the Moriarty game. When I started it I thought it would be an expanded version of the 2 hour movie. Little did I know "limited series" means 10+ episodes.

I finished Brothers Sun. I started this along with Fool Me Once. Brothers Sun ends much more coherently. They dragged the ending out a bit longer than necessary. It could have ended in a neat and tidy way (2x), but I guess they needed to film something that suggests a second season.

Monsignor Spade: is an odd little show, but it’s entertaining
High Town: might have peaked or lost direction, probably good they are wrapping it up this season
Tokyo Vice: waiting for a few more episodes to build up

new mr & mrs smith on amazon - a complete waste. main characters have absolutely no chemistry together and the cast generally is just phoning it in. skip this one.

been having a real dogshit day and seeing this brought a smile to my face. pure nostalgia rush and i'm here for it!

Nearly forgot that I watched Masters of the Air last weekend. It’s a solid Spielberg-Hanks WWII epic, aka: Band of Bombers.

new mr & mrs smith on amazon - a complete waste. main characters have absolutely no chemistry together and the cast generally is just phoning it in. skip this one.
I think you mischaracterise the show. It is not reminiscent of the 20-year old movie but a different adaptation.

I have a few issues with the show but the chemistry thing is misdirected- the chemistry btw the leads was authentic in that they weren't necessarily compatible (they stated this). That's a realistic romantic paradigm. I thought they played an 'incompatible' twosome well enough.

I agree though that is a meh show. I only finished it because I was stuck at the airport and I wanted to see it through but ultimately I agree, it should be 'skipped'.

I thought the Twin Peaks vibe was a good thing.

It’s from the, and I quote, “band of brothers universe.”

Like the Marvel universe?

I finished One Day. It's pretty much how I remembered it but drawn out into over a dozen half hour episodes. The only criticism I had was the lack of ageing of the two characters. Leo Woodall looks pretty much like how he was when he was a student - just with different hair styles and clothing. Ambika Mod goes from geeky awkward to more mature and elegant. I vaguely remember Anne Hathaway added some grey.

It was nice seeing Tim McInnerny who I remember from the Notting Hill days.

Anyone watch Halo? I stopped playing the games after..I think the third one. Just wondering if it's worth watching.

The finale was such a fucking joke.

It was extraordinarily bad. Like insultingly bad.

I'm loving the culture war aftermath as well where male critics who called it out are attacked for 'not getting it'. The Rolling Stone critic said it was the best ending of any of the series.

Quite enjoyed Criminal Record, not brilliant but had enough going for it.

OIF.Ztv6sdxJJMh6EVYEdlKI1g

Don't forget to watch Law & Order - set in my hometown.

I've watched a couple of episodes of Classified, the Canadian spy drama. Not that impressed. The variations in French accents is pretty wild.

Tokyo Vice is a little slower than last season, but still very good

Was it ever moving at a clip pace? How I remembered it - it started off with a bang, then it went to Jake's back story (slower), and then 2/3 or 3/4 way through Jake disappeared and it became a total Japanese show. Then at the end when it was focused on Jake again it ramped up to the season finale.

I'm watching Dinner Time Live with David Chang - when it's not live. Not quite sure why given he "cooks" store bought goods (Krispy Kreme) and some of the stuff doesn't look amazing (maybe it tastes amazing but I wouldn't know).

Also good to know he doesn't cook professionally in kitchens now.

Was it ever moving at a clip pace? How I remembered it - it started off with a bang, then it went to Jake's back story (slower), and then 2/3 or 3/4 way through Jake disappeared and it became a total Japanese show. Then at the end when it was focused on Jake again it ramped up to the season finale.
you make it sound so exciting...

Shogun is coming out on Disney+. The advert on my Samsung TV home screen looked interesting (I still have no idea how to turn this 'feature' off).

I just checked and at least the first two eps are on Disney+ in the US. Reviews have been positive, so I’ll wait for a few more episodes to build up before I start this one

I finally finished Morning Show season 3.

Every season it seems to involve more and more characters (aka high paid actors like Jon Hamm), then all the principle characters develop their own story arc (Aniston, Witherspoon, Crudup), UBA is at risk, and then it comes all back together at the end again with a cliffhanger type ending and a make-nice with whomever or whatever the main antagonist was for the season.

It's nice to see all the cameos (Marcia Gay Hayden, Natalie Morales, Holland Taylor, ...the list goes on) in the show but I'm wondering if Apple is getting its value for money for ultimately a pretty predictable storyline that draws on actual stories in the news (Jon Hamm's character = Elon Musk...or maybe Jeff Bezos).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom