What TV Shows Are You Watching?

The third season of Luther has been fantastic.

I want to bump uglies with Ruth Wilson quite badly.

Inception tonight. $5 DVD bin at WalMart.

images

Been on a TV binge while I've been laid up and self medicating/overdosing:

Top Of The Lake - Elizabeth Moss is fantastic in this but the show is very oddly paced, some of the acting is horrible (Holly Hunter plays a long grey haired pseudo-psychic) and its just not that engaging.

Rectify - This was on Sundance and got rave reviews. About a prisoner who's been on death row for 20 years and then gets released back into his small town. Aden Young is fantastic in the lead role, and the woman who plays his sister is firey and sexy, but it just doesn't have much pace. Could have used about 6 more episodes to further flesh out the story. Supposedly there's going to be a season 2.

Forgot to add a show to the list - Netflix's Orange Is The New Black. Completely mediocre. Not a memorable character in the cast and the writing is horribly bland. From the same woman who created Weeds, without any of the humor.

Christ, The Newsroom has been awful this season, even worse than last season. And the girl who plays Maggie is awful.

I actually am quite enjoying it.

It is based off the real life memoirs of Piper Kerman, who apparently was perfectly cast on the show:
20100325_piper2_250x375.jpg

I believe that's Jason Biggs behind her there.
Same here. I watched 4 eps last night. I will try to finish the rest by midweek,,,

Showtime's kicking ass with these trailers. Really excited about the Masters of Sex show. I've actually read the Masters & Johnson book. Highly fascinating.

Watched the first season of Broadchurch. BBC murder mystery drama staring David Tennant. Pretty good. Not great, as the lead female detective is someone I've always found irritating, but pretty damn good.

Top Of The Lake - Elizabeth Moss is fantastic in this but the show is very oddly paced, some of the acting is horrible (Holly Hunter plays a long grey haired pseudo-psychic) and its just not that engaging.

I saw it. I liked it.

Also watched The Fall, worth seeing.

Showtime's kicking ass with these trailers. Really excited about the Masters of Sex show. I've actually read the Masters & Johnson book. Highly fascinating.

Now if Time Warner and CBS can come to a fukkin agreement so that I can get SHO back! They gave me Starz(the only premium channel that I don't have) for the time being and that channel sux ballz!

Finished The Fall. Pretty good for only a 5 episode run. Biggest downfall - ridiculous Northern Irish accents.

5 episodes in on Hannibal. Why didn't this get more press? Its really fucking good.

Started watching The Americans. Not bad... a bit too dramatic. I'm sure this is a stupid question, but was this really going on during the cold war?

Finished S1 of The Americans. It was good, not great. I have trouble with the finally...

Um, where the fuck is the spoiler button Rambo? I can't say it now. You you expect me to actually type [ spoiler ] ? Sheesh.

Just forget it. I had some momentum, now its dead.

Ah. What the world needs is yet another synonym for wanking.

Morning shows... its because there's no news. And I can't take those chicklet teeth fake smiles either.

The West Wing. I got a complete boxed set for Christmas but now it's on Netflix so I'm going through it again. Amazing writing.

Finished Twin Peaks, watching Fire Walk with Me.

After this, Death Note. Absolutely brilliant Japanese series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom