What's New with the Foo?

prince nez

Supporter
Foo is a VP in some asset management or M&A boutique, I guess he is doing ok
Lol in Murica everyone is a ‘VP’. The mailroom boys are called Junior VPs.

Also seems he has changed his username from the slightly racist Asian pronunciation of his name (Maffoo Fann haw haw) to TheFoo. Clearly a misspelling of TheDouche.

R

Rushmore

Well, no. I had a look at his LI profile and whatever else is might be guilty of, his career is quite alright.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Is there anyone in USA who isn’t a VP of something. It must be a shameful thing to be employed but not a VP.

I wonder if doggie has made himself a VP in his own company.

R

Rushmore

Morgan Stanley hast recently published an ad in FT naming all their newly promoted MDs, i guess about 100.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
I don’t personally know of ANY organisation in australia that has a title called VP.
Excepting say a branch of a USA mob perhaps, but here they usually drop it Day to day as no one has any FI what it means. And may well provoke smirking.

prince nez

Supporter
I don’t personally know of ANY organisation in australia that has a title called VP.
Excepting say a branch of a USA mob perhaps, but here they usually drop it Day to day as no one has any FI what it means. And may well provoke smirking.
Yes well we know Aussies are all chippy bastards.

Journeyman

Supporter
Did Foo ever purchase the Porsche?
Yes. I think that this post by Foo seems to sum himself up pretty well:

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/cars-we-drive.17839/page-2041#post-9631840

"Always the wife.

Well, mine was sort of the reverse. Originally, I just wanted a GT350 or M2. She chided me to think of what I really wanted. So I thought, hmm, maybe an M4 CS. And she was like: “But you hate new BMWs and are always bitching about how they are too heavy and complicated. Is that really THE car that will shut you up?” Next thing I know, I was putting down a deposit on a Carrera T. Inevitably, that became the GT3. She is just happy it’s done."

Pimpernel Smith

Yes. I think that this post by Foo seems to sum himself up pretty well:

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/cars-we-drive.17839/page-2041#post-9631840

"Always the wife.

Well, mine was sort of the reverse. Originally, I just wanted a GT350 or M2. She chided me to think of what I really wanted. So I thought, hmm, maybe an M4 CS. And she was like: “But you hate new BMWs and are always bitching about how they are too heavy and complicated. Is that really THE car that will shut you up?” Next thing I know, I was putting down a deposit on a Carrera T. Inevitably, that became the GT3. She is just happy it’s done."
Interesting, as I know of no English lady or even European one, who would push their hubby into purchasing a sports car over a more practical alternative. The ladies I know without exception would denigrate it as a waste of money and tut tut boys with toys and whatever will he buy next routine.

Pauly Chase

Hip Dairy Farmer
Supporter
I call bullshit too. Can't think of any married woman who would push her hubby to go from a 50k to a 130k car, especially in NYC traffic.

prince nez

Supporter
It’s a simple but brilliant strategy really. By letting him buy what he wants she avoids having to listen to his endless rationalising at home, and converts his prattling on to her into bragging on the forums about the latest thing his wife’s money had afforded him to purhase. As a result we all have to suffer - and laugh - and she just gets to laugh.

Top Bottom