What's New with the Foo?

Our friend got a mention from the Esquire's best dressed men.

http://articlesofstyle.com/58406/ask-dan-combovers-beltlessness-short-dbs/

Q: I love the elegance of the double-breasted jacket, but I’m a small guy (5’7 on a good day). Can short guys pull-off the DB look? What’s the secret?

A: Sure, but the cut has to be just right. When I won Esquire’s “Best Dressed Real Man in America” one of the finalists was a very small guy (I would say maybe 5’3) who wore some incredible double-breasted suits and jackets. He has a combination of confidence and knowledge about his wardrobe, and a great bespoke tailor who makes sure the armholes are high, the lapels lift the shoulders, the midsection is as trim as possible, and the body is just long enough to cover the seat. Check him out here.

Got a style question? Hit is on the Contact Form.

- See more at: ASK DAN: Combovers, Beltlessness, Short DBs | Articles of Style

keeping it here for easy reference.
How tall is Foo? 5'1? Him and I may be the same height! Yay!
In 2008, mafoofan, aka Matthew Fanm, claimed to be 5'4" tall.
My size is impossible to find
You and I share the same problem. I'm also 5'4", but less skinny (130 lbs.). I'm 26 now, but I've been looking at suits since I was in high school. Trust me when I say that you shouldn't waste your time looking at ready-to-wear. No tailor will be able to make it fit right since every jacket will likely be several inches too long (even 'short' sizes).

I'm surprised my the post is still to be found. The Foo was a member of the C&T and was furious about that comment, so the original got deleted. Seems Sator missed the quote.
I honestly thought that his parents had the money, was surprised to find out his wife is loaded.
What really strikes me is how much time some SFers can spend on the forum during the day. If Foo had passed the NY bar and got a better job he wouldn't be able to be on the forum that much.

I'm surprised my the post is still to be found. The Foo was a member of the C&T and was furious about that comment, so the original got deleted. Seems Sator missed the quote.
I honestly thought that his parents had the money, was surprised to find out his wife is loaded.
What really strikes me is how much time some SFers can spend on the forum during the day. If Foo had passed the NY bar and got a better job he wouldn't be able to be on the forum that much.

I think it's gone now. But I saved it for posterity.

I used to be able to speak Uyghur fluently. Uyghurs, Uzbeks, and Kazaks in the region hated each other.

I do feel bad for the ethic minorities in that region since the Han govt is pretty much wiping them out.

Yeah. I was born and raised in Urumuqi. When I lived there, it was still predominantly Ugyhur Muslim, so ended up learning it.

Going off in a tangent, I was walking home school in '98 and three buses got blown up by homemade bombs one block away. Next thing I knew, an 8 o'clock curfew was enforced for 3 months.

Yeah. I was born and raised in Urumuqi. When I lived there, it was still predominantly Ugyhur Muslim, so ended up learning it.

Going off in a tangent, I was walking home school in '98 and three buses got blown up by homemade bombs one block away. Next thing I knew, an 8 o'clock curfew was enforced for 3 months.

Crazyness.

When did you end up in the States? To keep the thread on track I will point out that your migration allowed you to learn of the joy that is the Foo.

Crazyness.

When did you end up in the States? To keep the thread on track I will point out that your migration allowed you to learn of the joy that is the Foo.

Based on the size difference between Pauly and Foo my opinion is that they are imperfect identical twins. Someone the distribution of DNA went wrong as evidenced by Pauly's height, plus Foo's midgetness and hydrocephalus melon

August of 98, the day before Clinton's impeachment. Remembered that vividly.

Foo's last name is Fan, so I assume he is Chinese. Also his facial features and physique are rather indicative of southern Chinese.

Based on the size difference between Pauly and Foo my opinion is that they are imperfect identical twins. Someone the distribution of DNA went wrong as evidenced by Pauly's height, plus Foo's midgetness and hydrocephalus melon

I adsorbed half of Foo during embryological development in utero.

August of 98, the day before Clinton's impeachment. Remembered that vividly.

Foo's last name is Fan, so I assume he is Chinese. Also his facial features and physique are rather indicative of southern Chinese.

Yeah but those Commies have good enough sense to censor that shit over there, so you would have been deprived of his joy.

300_album_16861.jpg

I need to figure out his way of dating da rich white wiminz.
I think it was the Ivy League thing, as the schools are so heavily female and Asian that there's almost no choice. I rather presume she's equally vacuous and unpleasant.
Or maybe he used opium.

That watch image is hilarious, looks like a normal size person strapped a kitchen clock to his wrist...

I wonder if, after a while, Foo actually wanted to be disappointed by his commissions, since it would give a reason to commission more? Would explain his often silly demands regarding details.

I adsorbed half of Foo during embryological development in utero.
Clearly theres been a mix up - you were meant to have the spending power he has and he needs some of your body build. Maybe you can conciliate a deal rather than litigate.

article-0-051E5C95000005DC-172_468x576.jpg

Clearly theres been a mix up - you were meant to have the spending power he has and he needs some of your body build. Maybe you can conciliate a deal rather than litigate.

I am willing share his fortune.

Could be just a delay. Spanish internet is slower these days. Sarto and his Russian friends use a lot of the bandwidth...

Did Foo win any prizes from that Esquire contest? Somebody link that video clip of him on Good Morning America or one of those morning shows for some Thursday funniez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom