What's New with the Foo?

Does anyone remember the Foo pictures on SF? The one where his picture (wearing Kim Young Il glasses) is copied into a Chinese street scene?

I'm sure the baby will ruin all of his fancy designer furniture quick sticks once it grows up a bit (speaking from experience)

Given the height of her parents that might take a while.
I can only hope she doesn't have her daddy's big head genes (and better hair as well)!

I'm sure the baby will ruin all of his fancy designer furniture quick sticks once it grows up a bit (speaking from experience)

A few people, including myself, mentioned that to him a year or two back when he was discussing buying lounge furniture but he pooh-poohed the suggestion. Iammatt/Iamstillmatt chimed in to say that he grew up around designer furniture and he knew how to behave around it, too.

I guess that it all depends upon how anally-retentive you are. If you're a bit more relaxed and you view furniture as something to be used and that will eventually wear out, then you're probably OK with the chance that kids will vomit, drool, spill food and drink and possibly draw upon your designer furniture. If, however, you are obsessive and you view your furniture as something precious, that you spent weeks or months thinking about prior to purchasing, then you're probably not going to be so keen on having your kids besmirch your furniture.

If his real-life persona is anything like his internet persona, then I think that I know which category Mafoofan falls into...

Anyone got that link where mafoofan went on t.v for America's best dressed competition? It was CBN or some junk show.

Sofa looks like it could be comfortable but seat depth probably too long for good lumbar support.

The rest is modern garbage, the framed triangle and trapeziums belongs in the landfill.

His dining room appears prison cell for juveniles.

Cultural deprivation is depressing.

Quite astonishing: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...ts-and-desiderata.83589/page-593#post-8892661

"I strongly object to buying art for purposes of decorating a space. Dictionary definition of bad taste. Better to learn about art and figure out what you like. Then, if you do buy something, your furniture/objects should be made to suit the art, not the other way around. We changed the upholstery for our sofa based on the art we put it under."
[Emphasis added.]

Perhaps I'm just too much of a pleb, but why else would you buy art, except for the purpose of decorating a space (unless, of course, you are a billionaire who buys Van Gogh and Damian Hirst pieces as an investment)?

Quite astonishing: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...ts-and-desiderata.83589/page-593#post-8892661

"I strongly object to buying art for purposes of decorating a space. Dictionary definition of bad taste. Better to learn about art and figure out what you like. Then, if you do buy something, your furniture/objects should be made to suit the art, not the other way around. We changed the upholstery for our sofa based on the art we put it under."
[Emphasis added.]

Perhaps I'm just too much of a pleb, but why else would you buy art, except for the purpose of decorating a space (unless, of course, you are a billionaire who buys Van Gogh and Damian Hirst pieces as an investment)?
What an idiot. Who changes their sofa to match their art?

I demolished my home and built a new one to house my fucking art collection.

[Emphasis added.]

This shit is like peak Foo.

The Ms. and the whole family and half their bloody friends are artists, musicians, filmmakers etc. My house has walls, ceilings and floors covered in paintings, drawings, sculptures, photos and stuff I haven't worked out what it is yet. It changes weekly and daily. How on earth can I change the furniture to fit. Advice please.

If he ever has taller guests over they will lean back into his painting if they're allowed to sit down in his "art gallery".

IMG_4938.jpg

What the proverbial is that industrial carpet malarkey underneath the butchers slap in the middle of the room?

The sofa looks decidedly uncomfortable.

And those two chairs in the bottom left corner, not quite deck chairs, not quite from a Tiki bar either.

What kind of music does one play in that kind of room? Too straight laced for Les Baxter, Martin Demmy and Esquival, but not quite the ECM crowd either.

What the proverbial is that industrial carpet malarkey underneath the butchers slap in the middle of the room?

And those two chairs in the bottom left corner, not quite deck chairs, not quite from a Tiki bar either.

What kind of music does one play in that kind of room? Too straight laced for Les Baxter, Martin Demmy and Esquival, but not quite the ECM crowd either.

None. One can only appreciate his precious art in pure silence. Talking is strictly forbidden too.

That chair near the window has a certain Barbarella vibe to it. Or was it a Raquel Welch movie?
Either way, I expect some serious shagging going on on that one.

That chair near the window has a certain Barbarella vibe to it. Or was it a Raquel Welch movie?
Either way, I expect some serious shagging going on on that one.

Admirable, but you are merely projecting fantasies on what isn't really there.

Case in point: it blends, where is the art? In the matching of the brick to the art work, or vice versa. Are the textures equal or dissimilar. Questions one should not have to ask when looking at a painting, or pebble dash in a thin wooden frame.

Who in the hell would want to live in that room?

It looks like a pretentious boutique hotel lobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom