What's New with the Foo?

3JJwV9.jpg

This one is titled "Essence of Foo".

It cost $368,000.

Who in the hell would want to live in that room?

It looks like a pretentious boutique hotel lobby.

Must've been very boutique. Don't think I've ever seen a lobby that small. Even for NY standards that living room is on the small side. Guess that's what happens when you spend all your money on 11 rubinacci commissions.

White painted exposed brick is awful too. Either leave it natural or don't expose it at all.

Can't find the original website where I saw it, but here's another store selling it for $17500:

http://store.wallpaper.com/living/textile-and-rugs/'lake'-green-carpet-green-GOLR15LAK757GRN.html

Raw Edges' Yael Mer and Shay Alkalay teamed up with Golran to produce 'Lake', a series of carpets conceived as an a contemporary interpretation of the Persian rug. Exploring optical illusion via an existing op-art lenticular technique, it was the aim of the designers to produce a rug that would reflect the vivid colours of daytime to the less bright shades of the evening, subtly adjusting the mood of its setting through an iridescent pattern. The result, produced by Golran's craftsmen in Nepal, is this hand-knotted wool and bamboo silk rug, which cleverly brings together threads of greens, blues and cream.

Must've been very boutique. Don't think I've ever seen a lobby that small. Even for NY standards that living room is on the small side. Guess that's what happens when you spend all your money on 11 rubinacci commissions.

White painted exposed brick is awful too. Either leave it natural or don't expose it at all.

I'm on a personal crusade against painted brick.

Foo fighters

Screenshot_116.png

Lol. That's awesome.

3JJwV9.jpg

This one is titled "Essence of Foo".

It cost $368,000.

I like the way that this piece explores the dynamic tension between white and...........white and the way it informs us, in a holistic way about the purity, sanctity and ephemeral nature of white...

A bargain at just under 400 G's

Shoddy brickwork though...

And to think his sartorial vision has ended in this twisted homage to the cover of Lou Reed's Take No Prisoners.

A lesson to us all.

He looks like a Robby Chinese vendor on canal street, though he is missing a polyester fanny pack.

Foo is just trying to fit in and be modern, l can understand what he is trying to do. I feel he hasn't found his true style yet, it can take years to really know. He is still a young chap, and l think it is good he is experimenting with different looks. One day he will reach a certain age where he will know what to do.

A sad end

It is a journey of discovery. It is not an end, it is a mere beginning to an end. First Foo became the igent because every man was doin' it, now he becomes the hip/cool new yorker because he wants to fit in, and soon Foo begins a new stage where he tries something else. The point is, this is far from the end for this chap, he has more chapters to come.

I feel Foo hasn't found his true style yet. He has a certain look and height , and he needs to take that into account when he dresses. He would look best in slacks and a jumper or shirt. I think the key for him is not to be over-the-top because he doesn't have the look to be over-the-top with. Some can pull off over-the-top, but Foo doesn't pull off igent or cool kid, so he needs to dress more moderate to go with his natural looks. If he overdoes it he might draw attention in a negative way IMO.

Foo can't risk looking like a cute little waiter or novelty item or a try hard, so he needs to be careful how he dresses.

Last edited:
It's just confirming what we all knew already. Foo doesn't care about proper dress, he just wanted to be in the group.

First Foo became the igent because every man was doin' it, now he becomes the hip/cool new yorker because he wants to fit in, and soon Foo begins a new stage where he tries something else.

I thought hip New Yorkers dressed in the unmistakable RL baggy silhouette of Woody Allen?

It is a journey of discovery. It is not an end, it is a mere beginning to an end. First Foo became the igent because every man was doin' it, now he becomes the hip/cool new yorker because he wants to fit in, and soon Foo begins a new stage where he tries something else. The point is, this is far from the end for this chap, he has more chapters to come.

I feel Foo hasn't found his true style yet. He has a certain look and height , and he needs to take that into account when he dresses. He would look best in slacks and a jumper or shirt. I think the key for him is not to be over-the-top because he doesn't have the look to be over-the-top with. Some can pull off over-the-top, but Foo doesn't pull off igent or cool kid, so he needs to dress more moderate to go with his natural looks. If he overdoes it he might draw attention in a negative way IMO.

Foo can't risk looking like a cute little waiter or novelty item or a try hard, so he needs to be careful how he dresses.

I fully agree. Somehow I feel a bit sorry for him - I bet he is a funny and intelligent guy, but somehow ridden with issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom