What's the fastest you have ever driven a car?

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
When l was a young bloke I clocked the speedo of a company car at 220 km and still continued to go faster until l run out of straight road. It would be fair to say l was probably driving at 240 km per hour.

The freeway was still only half built and very few cars were on it back in those days so l went for it. I wouldn't do that these days...too many cars around now.

When l was a young bloke I clocked the speedo of a company car at 220 km and still continued to go faster until l run out of straight road. It would be fair to say l was probably driving at 240 km per hour.

The freeway was still only half built and very few cars were on it back in those days so l went for it. I wouldn't do that these days...too many cars around now.

Blyat.

About 120 mph on isolated stretches of highway in the great Southwest when I was much younger and dumber.

I had my Datsun 1600 up to 140 Mph = 225 Kph one the Werribee Freeway when it was first opened late one night.
Datsun_1600-1968-1973-M.jpg

I had my Datsun 1600 up to 140 Mph = 225 Kph one the Werribee Freeway when it was first opened late one night.
Pull the other one. The only way that heap of shit would have broken 100mph is on a tow truck.

Pull the other one. The only way that heap of shit would have broken 100mph is on a tow truck.

140 mph is probably it's terminal velocity when shoved over a cliff...

I know the German Autobahn has a reputation for high speeds, but the places where you can get to the max velocity of your car are limited.
Same for the time of day when you can go for it.
During the day the traffic is terrible, lots of lorries from all over Europe, sometimes overtaking each other (since they all have limiters they block the traffic).
Only 2 of my cars made it past 124 Mph, but that is pretty much what they could reach.

About 250kmh on my motorcycle. It wasn't very comfortable and plenty scary, so not something I'd do again. Maybe on a bike with more wind protection.

that was a non-stock BMW M6

the R8 also does 330

and the datsun 1600 too

Going behind the konzern's back, tsk tsk. Surely your speed record should be in an Audi? What if a client asks you what's the fastest you've ever driven and say it was a BMV??

Going behind the konzern's back, tsk tsk. Surely your speed record should be in an Audi? What if a client asks you what's the fastest you've ever driven and say it was a BMV??

i can always lie and say that i vmaxed the aventador @ 360 km/h

145 mph in a 2003 BMW E46 M3 convertible. It was a stretch straight concrete road between Pine Bluff and Little Rock, AR. It was scary.

I had a Ford F-250 with a 7.5 liter engine. I buried the needle to the point where it was pointing almost straight down, to "N" on the speedometer.

This is a good thread. It's a thread for men.

Crazy kids. Fancy being so stupid to do that.

lol

So this was you?

Wow! I had someone pass me really fast like that once, but certainly not as fast as that. Maybe he was doing 250 km per hour and passed me doing 100 km per hour.

You couldn't do this in Australia because no-one bothers to move out of the over taking lane.

I did 320kph once in a Maserati we hired in south Italy.

At the time I was overtaken by two Philippino nuns in a Fiat Panda.

About 200km/hr (125mph) in a Mazda MX-5. It felt faster than that, as the car is small and low and the roof was down, too.

It takes quite a long time to slow down from 200km/hr and - unsurprisingly - you reach the car in front of you pretty quickly when you're going approximately twice as fast as they are!

About 200km/hr (125mph) in a Mazda MX-5. It felt faster than that, as the car is small and low and the roof was down, too.

It takes quite a long time to slow down from 200km/hr and - unsurprisingly - you reach the car in front of you pretty quickly when you're going approximately twice as fast as they are!

what's even worse: once you did 250-300 km/h for a while, speeds like ~150 km/h feel like you're standing still

To the electronic limiter in a M3 about 155 mph.

170 on a Fireblade which was fucking scary.

When l did about 240 km/hr it didn't seem any faster than normal freeway speed (probably because l drove late at night) until l passed a truck on the road like it was standing still. However the video of the bloke doing 320 km/hr does seem extremely fast...perhaps faster than l would want to drive, and especially way too fast with all those other cars around, way too dangerous.

It's amazing how much distance you cover in such a short period of time, and it is limited how fast you can go because you run out of straight road pretty quickly.

To the electronic limiter in a M3 about 155 mph.

170 on a Fireblade which was fucking scary.

The M3 I drove was a friend's. He told me to push but I got scared. It was a smooth acceleration though, no vibration even at 145.

The M3 I drove was a friend's. He told me to push but I got scared. It was a smooth acceleration though, no vibration even at 145.
Good tires make that possible. When i took my CC to its top speed the car was completely happy and felt super smooth, then again its sitting on $1600 shoes. Michelin SS Sport

Good tires make that possible. When i took my CC to its top speed the car was completely happy and felt super smooth, then again its sitting on $1600 shoes. Michelin SS Sport

lol such a waste of tires

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom