Zen and the Art of Forum Maintenance v2

I couldn't care less about Facebook and alike.
However, in order for such media companies to continue business in Europe other countries might follow suit.
It's basically an attempt to kill off everything that doesn't conform with the EUSSR's view of things.

Registered Registered processed a major forum upgrade today and it severely fucked things up on the back end. i'm working on getting it all repaired so just bear with me a bit.

I can access the site with my mobile devices but not the desktop browser.

I haven't had any issues on desktop at all and the site looks the same to me.

the differences are mostly cosmetic, functional, and on the back end. there are some new features and a couple of things work a little differently which i'll try to lay out at some point.

speaking of looks i was thinking its time we get a new look to the forum. this is classic but its also very drab.

^What if it is actually him, and he just wants to learn how to look less rumpled and dishevelled?

I still can’t access the site from my work desktop, but that’s clearly an issue at my end. I could clear the cache but I don’t want to lose a bunch of stuff.

I still can’t access the site from my work desktop, but that’s clearly an issue at my end. I could clear the cache but I don’t want to lose a bunch of stuff.
It might be an IT thing. Are they blocking the address?

There maybe a bug in the software (or in my browser) that doesn't show the right emoji when I click 'like'. It shows the 'Ha Ha' emoji. Others 'likes' also show wrong.

A trivial matter I know...

There maybe a bug in the software (or in my browser) that doesn't show the right emoji when I click 'like'. It shows the 'Ha Ha' emoji. Others 'likes' also show wrong.

A trivial matter I know...

happening for me too.

ok, think i've got it fixed. added in a few more reaction smilies. that area needs some more work so if you guys think of any smilies or emoji's that would be worth adding in let me know.

ran a routine forum upgrade and it completely crashed the forum. unfortunately, to figure it out i've had to disable all the addons on the forum, so things will be looking a bit spartan until i can get it sorted. i'm on the case.

paid up our hosting for another year

paypal really fucked us on the exchange rate so it cost another $20 more than it should have. bastards.

please donate to refill the coffers if you have a few bucks to spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom