Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

I could be wrong, but I have a strong suspicion that the clothes that Cleav is wearing are not from those brands, but rather those brand names are there because they're good for SF's internet marking/search engine optimisation or something similar.
very strong research there Journeyman Journeyman

much better than the shallow research by Kingstonian Kingstonian

cleaverthebeaver was indeed wearing his "international business style" as per FriendCustomer FriendCustomer 's perfect analice, which Kingstonian Kingstonian is mistaking for proper english business dress. i attach the insta pictures with brands linked thereto by cleaverthebeaver himself. the only english items are his edward greens and his drakes tie. he is even wearing a homo inglese shirt. ololololololo

IMG_6905.PNG
IMG_6906.PNG
IMG_6907.PNG
IMG_6901.PNG
IMG_6902.PNG
IMG_6903.PNG
IMG_6904.PNG
IMG_6911.PNG

A Canali1934 suit in the country, definitely the epitomy of English style.

Ancient madder tie in the summer LOL. Just ask Film Noir Buff, next time you check out that grave yard, and he will confirm that the current incarnation of drakes while very nice, basically makes Italian style ties today. Very little in common with Michael Drakes original product.

And what sort of Englishman wears brown dovers with a navy suit.

All classic igent moves from learning to dress on the internet. His style has nothing to do with proper English style unless one wants to dilute all meaning from it and make it synonymous for mass produced mediocrity.

No wonder his golf club appears to be an all together sorry affair. Nothing about it speaks of classic English style the way the gents in and around st James do. nor does it speak to the uniquely British youth culture styles that some of you goons still remain enamoured with. Indeed the new edwardians, mods, teds or even the kings road punks (see westwoods use of tartan and tweed, later period Malcom McLaren's clothes or even today's Johnny Rotten) have more in common with classic English style than this neck rash sporting, flower garden molester, Italian suit wearing, sorry middle class fool.

Last edited:

cleaverthebeaver was indeed wearing his "international business style" as per FriendCustomer FriendCustomer 's perfect analice, which Kingstonian Kingstonian is mistaking for proper english business dress. i attach the insta pictures with brands linked thereto by cleaverthebeaver himself. the only english items are his edward greens and his drakes tie. he is even wearing a homo inglese shirt. ololololololo

View attachment 24527 View attachment 24528 View attachment 24529View attachment 24530 View attachment 24531 View attachment 24532 View attachment 24533 View attachment 24534

Ancient madder tie in the summer LOL. Just ask Film Noir Buff, next time you check out that grave yard, and he will confirm that the current incarnation of drakes while very nice, basically makes Italian style ties today. Very little in common with Michael Drakes original product.

All classic igent moves from learning to dress on the internet. His style has nothing to do with proper English style unless one wants to dilute all meaning from it and make it synonymous for mass produced mediocrity.

No wonder his golf club appears to be an all together sorry affair. Nothing about it speaks of classic English style the way the gents in and around st James do. nor does it speak to the uniquely British youth culture styles that some of you goons still remain enamoured with. Indeed the new edwardians, mods, teds or even the kings road punks (see westwoods use of tartan and tweed, later period Malcom McLaren's clothes or even today's Johnny Rotten) have more in common with classic English style than this neck rash sporting, flower garden molester, Italian suit wearing, sorry middle class fool.

...plus the fact that Canali is referenced as Canali 1934 as if that is meaningful beyond the fact that they changed their label in 2014.

Olololo

Methinks the poster doth protest too much.

The article says his kit is mostly supplied by UK brands. So you say it is either bs for the purpose of the article - or - those brands are not what they were but are now examples of 'international business wear'.

You can take against Cleav, but please don't just invent reasons to justify it.

Thanks. Here's the one I had in mind:

Screenshot_2017-08-28-16-34-35-1.png

I wouldn't wear that thing in 75478986545 years, but I've got to give this Buttler credit for rocking to his own beat.

Amen brother.

Methinks the poster doth protest too much.

The article says his kit is mostly supplied by UK brands. So you say it is either bs for the purpose of the article - or - those brands are not what they were but are now examples of 'international business wear'.

You can take against Cleav, but please don't just invent reasons to justify it.

Re-reading the ad copy, they are not specifically saying he is wearing those brands, although one would naturally assume that.

The problem with most of these posers is that they can't get the stoic English sangfroid and frayed nonchalance in their striving to be a right proper English gent.

This chap has it, albeit he considered himself Irish, not bad for a lad from Leeds:

untitled.png

A look you can utilize in town and country, or down at the race track, club or dockland pub.

This chap hasn't got it, looks like he's off to the cattle market and outside of that, not much use in it:

Hogarth's beer stree.png

He gets no credit for interior design. Yucky.

Exquisite petit-Versailles to the strings of Vivaldi's Four Seasons played through a Bose single life-style speaker system. Who lives in a house like this?

Exquisite petit-Versailles to the strings of Vivaldi's Four Seasons played through a Bose single life-style speaker system. Who lives in a house like this?

Butler would have an enormous job tidying up here. Way too shabby for him.

igent.jpeg

I love that these chaps seem to be living in typical igent squalor :

igent2.png

Last edited:
Thanks. Here's the one I had in mind:

View attachment 24540

I wouldn't wear that thing in 75478986545 years, but I've got to give this Buttler credit for rocking to his own beat.

Is that a table cloth that he's whpped off the the table without disturbing the setting...like a kind of party piece?

Can't say I like the colour...

all i was commenting on was how well the colors worked together.

agreed with all the criticism. to add to it, i think the unbuttoned collar points are stupid and how it has this strange faux 3/2 roll thing going on that i cant really describe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom