Guest viewing is limited

Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

b1afef4a-e192-497e-b37e-50c4b13078d2-jpeg.1460785
30c2c1e7-9937-4205-8755-a326d6451e15-jpeg.1460786

Yessir. What fabric is that? I have a H&S coming

Don't remember - Its Hardy & Johnson - I think they said it was English (natch) not sure if theres any other info. Perhaps they had small batches especially made - its a "City" lightweight tweed (My brown herringbone is the same) which makes me think its not New Old Stock

tumblr_inline_oabrkdFtNp1sgl7fz_640.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to say Moon but why not hear it from Chris Hardy himself::

"For most of our ivy jackets, there were no more than six made in each fabric, often only one or two in each size. The Herringbone jackets were made in various different wool fabrics from the Moon or Magee mills."

At least I know I wont be bumping into anyone else with the same jackets.

IMG_9669.jpeg

I thought we had a threat for celeb agreeable outfit of the day, but maybe it goes here with the #menswear posts?

Lets talk about Simon and our old mate Tibor.

Look at Simon's bespoke hat and the way he pulls it off here. Absolutely superb. Notice how the hat tapers at the top so it doesn't look so big. An amazing hat that really adds to the appearance.
Simon Crompton hat 1.jpg
Simon Crompton hat 2.jpg

Simon in the a moving clip. Hat suits him perfect and completes a look that would look unfinished without the hat.

You see....even in the old days many men looked terrible in hats, many hats were big and ugly and not suited to lots of men. Tibor wears big hats that don't suit him either, he wears the old style stuff.

But these days men are making hats that do look amazing. Look at Simon's for a perfect example. Hats don't have to look antiquated, they can look stunning and greatly elevate the outfit. Too many men stuff it up.

Look at Simon's bespoke hat and the way he pulls it off here. Absolutely superb. Notice how the hat tapers at the top so it doesn't look so big. An amazing hat that really adds to the appearance.
View attachment 47371View attachment 47372

Simon in the a moving clip. Hat suits him perfect and completes a look that would look unfinished without the hat.

You see....even in the old days many men looked terrible in hats, many hats were big and ugly and not suited to lots of men. Tibor wears big hats that don't suit him either, he wears the old style stuff.

But these days men are making hats that do look amazing. Look at Simon's for a perfect example. Hats don't have to look antiquated, they can look stunning and greatly elevate the outfit. Too many men stuff it up.

Nope.

View attachment 47371View attachment 47372

Yes, Simon should 'pull off ' that hat and 'stuff it ' up his rear.

Crompers must have used up all his goodwill in London, I saw him on the Bntailor instagram page.

Credit where credit is due. Our Tibor buys a Dege and Skinner Saville Row suit and it looks great on him. His hat is bespoke also. I think he is also in a used pair of bespoke John Lobb shoos too. Our Tibor is really trying to do the business. Not a fan of his hat though, looks like the bloke in the Ant Hill mob.

His hat could probably stand being half the height. And that lapel is a little higher than I'd like. Interesting choice of fabric though. Looks cozy.

His hat could probably stand being half the height. And that lapel is a little higher than I'd like. Interesting choice of fabric though. Looks cozy.

Yep, the hat should be half the height, but his lapel height works well for his size, but the tie is absolutely awful. He wears a boutonniere and pocketsquare in this photo better than almost anyone l have seen, not cartoonish at all.

Yul Brynner and his wife Doris were close friends of Frank Sinatra. They were at the Compound so often that they had their own room, hooked onto the great hall and marked with a bronze nameplate . Sinatra taught Doris Brynner how to mix a martini.

Doris Brynner: “We were there constantly - always! Always a helicopter or Sinatra's plane. And everything was orange: the sofas, the chairs, the carpets. It was Frank's favorite color. It was a compound, so cozy and great. It was a super-modern house. There were bungalows for the guests,so everyone was on his own except when they didn't want to be. So civilized. I sat by the piano-shaped pool while Yul and Frank played golf nonstop. Yul won. Or was it Frank? Fierce competition.

He loved meatballs and spaghetti. And lasagna. And the booze. The boys boozed a bit, you see… They would tell stories, have a few drinks, play the piano and sing. Such fun people. Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Bill and Edie Goetz, us. Frank would sing duets with his records, Yul accompanying him on his guitar. Just another Saturday night."

Photo: Frank Sinatra and Yul Brynner at Sinatra's Rancho Mirage Compound.
Photo by John Bryson, 1965.

1708226648976.png

linked from the disagreeable thread, i found these two pretty damn sharp:

sag-every-113.jpg
sag-every-140.jpg

Dude on right is perfect except for shoes - why on earth wear those?

Bloke on left -I like the blue suit and even the blue shirt - but wear a tie - and his shoes are a bit odd. those heels - why?

Dude on right is perfect except for shoes - why on earth wear those?

Bloke on left -I like the blue suit and even the blue shirt - but wear a tie - and his shoes are a bit odd. those heels - why?
Its Hollywood. I believe its a rule that every outfit has to be ruined by one ridiculous detail.

Yep, l have had that photo saved for years, it is a very memorable picture because it shows how much things have changed. People wore top hats and long dresses to the zoo! If you did that these days people would think you had mental problems.

This is how people dress to go to the zoo these days; they wear baseball caps, sneakers/thongs and shorts/jeans.
Zoo melbourne 2020.jpg

If l went to the zoo i'd visit in the cooler weather. I'd wear a traditional hat, an amazing sportscoat, trousers and very nice dress shoos. Why? Because one should always dress nicely in public. Would you ever see me in public in shorts and t-shirt? No way. Would you see me without a hat in public these days, not anymore. Would you see me in sneakers in public? No way, sneakers look dumb...l exercise (long walks) in dress shoos.

Their shoos would have been stitched by hand, and the quality of their shoo leather would have been amaaazing.

Yep, l have had that photo saved for years, it is a very memorable picture because it shows how much things have changed. People wore top hats and long dresses to the zoo! If you did that these days people would think you had mental problems.

This is how people dress to go to the zoo these days; they wear baseball caps, sneakers/thongs and shorts/jeans.
View attachment 47806

If l went to the zoo i'd visit in the cooler weather. I'd wear a traditional hat, an amazing sportscoat, trousers and very nice dress shoos. Why? Because one should always dress nicely in public. Would you ever see me in public in shorts and t-shirt? No way. Would you see me without a hat in public these days, not anymore. Would you see me in sneakers in public? No way, sneakers look dumb...l exercise (long walks) in dress shoos.
Shooey, the only people who dressed like that then were the ruling class english.

Shooey, the only people who dressed like that then were the ruling class english.

They certainly look important, don't they; and look at the people in the background, they also have top hats etc on. Must have been a special day when all the important englishman visited Melbourne. I saw an old video in Melbourne in the late 1800's and a couple of blokes had top hats on for their journey to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom