Golf thread

Sergio Garcia, Ian Poulter and Lee Westwood are ineligible for Ryder Cup because they quit the European tour for LIV.

Meanwhile Dustin Johnson and Phil Mickelson are in Forbes' top 10 athletes making 100M+ along with Ronaldo, NBA, and other footy stars. They only play in 14 LIV tournaments + Masters, British Open or any major that will still admit them. That's insane. Phil fricking Mickelson who is 52.

Was wondering how LIV star Dustin Johnson still qualified for PGA championship - till 2025.

Was wondering how LIV star Dustin Johnson still qualified for PGA championship - till 2025.
Last 5 Master’s winners get an exemption. Last 5 US Open winners get an exemption. Last 3 Player’s Championship winners are exempted.

He won the 2020 Masters.

LIV golfer Brooks Koepka wins the PGA Championship.

"I recognise everything I've said in my past positions," Monahan admitted. "I recognise people are going to call me a hypocrite. Anytime I said anything, I said it with the information I had in the moment."

In the past with the information I had in the moment, Bashar Al Assad was a war criminal and pariah amongst Arab leaders. With the information I have today we welcome him back to the Arab league of nations.

In the past with the information I had in the moment, Nicolas Maduro was a dictator who denied his own people democratic choice. With the information I have today, Lula da Silva and the rest of Latin America can embrace and extend a warm hand of co-operation and mutual understanding.

In the past with the information I had in the moment, Donald Trump fomented a treasonous rebellion on 6th January. With the information I have today.......................

Last edited:
PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan is taking a leave of absence as he recuperates from a medical condition, the organization said in a statement late Tuesday.

...you can't make this sh*t up. The millions he pocketed selling out to the Saudis should take good care of his "medical" condition.

"If LIV Golf was the last place to play golf on earth, I would retire. That's how I feel about it. I would play the majors, but I'd be pretty comfortable." - Good ole Rory.

Tiger Woods joins as player director to the PGA where player directors (including Rory) outnumber the others.

In other news, Mickelson says he has no interest in being punished to re-join the PGA Tour and instead thinks people should be sanctioned for slandering players who went over to LIV. The marriage with the Saudis is going well it seems.

"Walt Disney’s ESPN has clinched the U.S. broadcast rights for TGL, a new primetime golf league created by Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy...........
ABC will broadcast a preview show on Dec. 30, while the inaugural match will air on ESPN network and ESPN+ streaming service during prime time on Jan. 9, the night"

Where do we play golf during prime-time evenings & night in the winter? Southern hemisphere? The never ending daylight sun of the arctic?

"Walt Disney’s ESPN has clinched the U.S. broadcast rights for TGL, a new primetime golf league created by Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy...........
ABC will broadcast a preview show on Dec. 30, while the inaugural match will air on ESPN network and ESPN+ streaming service during prime time on Jan. 9, the night"

Where do we play golf during prime-time evenings & night in the winter? Southern hemisphere? The never ending daylight sun of the arctic?
in the climate controlled arena in Palm Gardens that is being built especially for the high tech simulator league.

I am watching The Netflix Cup. Let’s play until it is dark and we need lights.

"But it is an irrefutable fact that Rahm is also a massive figure on Europe's DP World circuit, not to mention the continent's Ryder Cup team.

If LIV can persuade him to join them it would be a savage blow to the establishment as well as for TV companies who have paid handsomely to screen tournaments featuring the biggest names.

While Koepka showed it remains possible for American LIV stars to still represent their country in the Ryder Cup, Europe requires its players to be members of the DP World Tour to be eligible.

Rahm would likely go the way of Sergio Garcia (with whom he wanted to play at this year's match in Rome), Lee Westwood, Henrik Stenson and Ian Poulter in quitting the Wentworth-led tour, rendering him ineligible for captain Luke Donald's team."

....uhh I thought they were going to be one league in 2024.

Jon Rahm joins LIV....uhh I thought it was three leagues coming together as one by the end of the year?

The PGA vs LIV thing is still not resolved. Now they gave themselves all of 2024. What's the point of the 31st December deadline?

So Rory says he's willing to play in LIV if they readjust the schedule a bit.

An amateur beats all the PGA pros. -29. Must be an easy course if everyone is in the -20s...

Now Rory says banned LIV players can come back to the PGA.

"LIV players will only be able to improve their world ranking, which is one of the factors used to determine eligibility for major championships, through DP World Tour events, the Asian Tour or other satellite tours.

With LIV Golf players getting no points from the circuit's events, many of the big names that left the US PGA Tour have slipped down the rankings, with Rahm one of just four LIV players who currently feature in the OWGR's top 50."

I guess the rankings are useless now.

Jay Monahan insists talks are accelerating between PGA and LIV..........but offers no timeline or specifics. Got a trip to Saudi Arabia though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom