Guest viewing is limited

What Are You Wearing Today?

Do you, perhaps, find that the rise in your trousers' rise is too low and that, therefore, it makes you look as though you have short legs and a very long torso? If I were you, I would choose trousers with a higher rise such that they are sitting on your waist rather than almost your hips. It will improve your proportions.

Last edited:
You’re right: I do have a ridiculously long torso and short legs. It’s always a challenge finding a higher rise - that’s a 10.5” front rise in the pic. In addition, I don’t have much of a waist, so everything slips down to the hips unless I cinch my belt super-tight.

You’re right: I do have a ridiculously long torso and short legs. It’s always a challenge finding a higher rise - that’s a 10.5” front rise in the pic. In addition, I don’t have much of a waist, so everything slips down to the hips unless I cinch my belt super-tight.

That makes some sense; have you tried wearing braces? That keeps your trousers up significantly better.

I say 10.5" is mid rise bro. Go Hard Or Go Home. 12" - then get your waist and hips taken in to fit.

IMG_20190615_092000.jpg

Testing the cut of pair of trousers. Pretty good if I say so myself. Although next time it only confirms my suspicion that odd, navy pants are dreadful.

Yes I'm going to need someone who can take photos for me in the future.

Untitled-1@0,25x.png

I had some photos with shoes, but they made the whole photo look worse. I think navy needs black shoes, and believe it or not I don't happen to have any at the moment.

I'll get some better photos with the next pair which will be in natural hemp.

Testing the cut of pair of trousers. Pretty good if I say so myself. Although next time it only confirms my suspicion that odd, navy pants are dreadful.

Yes I'm going to need someone who can take photos for me in the future.

View attachment 32216

Did you make them or had them made? I like the cut and the rise. Nicely done.

Navy odd trousers are less flexible than one expects.

Did you make them or had them made? I like the cut and the rise. Nicely done.

Navy odd trousers are less flexible than one expects.

A combination of both. As a side project, I've been working with a pattern maker on patterns and had a factory make the samples. We're finally getting some samples where I think the cut is right. My hope was/is to try to sell some rtw trousers. Still need to figure out a way to get some photos and some interest though.

I drove home after midnight last night on a freezing cold night. All other cars had their windows shut and likely had a heater on, where-as I had my window wide open with the brisk air coming inside. Why? Because l was rugged up to the hilt in thick layers of scottish cashmere with thick German cords, long johns, thick 4 ply alpaca socks and shell cordovan shoos. I was warm as toast. :problemo:

Summer-weight trad:
Charcoal linen trousers and navy hopssck.
View attachment 32236

charcoal linen are an extremely inelegant choice of trousers to be worn with a blazer. grey linen odd pants in general are best to be avoided in dressy outfits or even casually. brings to mind fat women into crystals and spiritual shit, with grey linen pants with string closures or elastic waist bands. as linen is a casual summer fabric very dark colors like charcoal also don't usually make much sense.

beige linen would be a much better choice. also a slightly looser fit with linen pants is nice as they tend to wrinkle more when worn in the popular condom fit style of the day.

Last edited:
I know, I know. Still working on my shoe game. Navy suede loafers would be nice.
1792E7FA-4F00-4E5D-A9BD-791E87BED903.jpeg

5782E129-982E-4DD3-B21E-0021AFD838E9.jpeg
6BC195F8-16DF-452B-B612-029C69E2BAD0.jpeg

This is an awful combo. That shirt has no business being anywhere near linen and the hat clashes with the jacket.

The contrast works for me: navy blazer, checked shirt and plain tie. If the tie was zany or had noticeable print then it would have gone off the rails.

C&J's Finsbury's on today, never taken to this Oxford, I don't whether it's the last or the fact that the light brown won't darken no matter what refurbishment techniques I've tried:

IMG_2204.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom