What Did You Get For Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Etc. ?????

We all get this each year.
Baby-Jesus-christmas-27879956-691-445.jpg

Also I don't believe gifts are exchanged at Kwanzaa, so that doesn't belong here.
Whitey, chillins and young'uns get gifts. Not good ones like y'all, but gifts.
Gifts are given mainly to children, but must always include a book and a heritage symbol. The book is to emphasize the African value and tradition of learning stressed since ancient Egypt, and the heritage symbol to reaffirm and reinforce the African commitment to tradition and history.
http://www.officialkwanzaawebsite.org/greetings_and.shtml#go to gifts

I might be the first to post....as I pretty much opened most of my stuff. Will be running around tomorrow.

I mentioned my enthusiasm for the striped shoelaces that AE sells to my brother and he somehow took this as a hint to get me three pair. Otherwise, I try to exchange the gift of not having to shop.

This year for Christmas, as all years, I got the same thing: a big sucking chest wound in my wallet.

I can't post a photograph of my gift. I received notice that a duck and a vegetable plant was sent on my behalf to a third world country. I asked the gift giver whether I should expect eggs, confit and some produce in the post.

Apparently I missed the point.

I can't post a photograph of my gift. I received notice that a duck and a vegetable plant was sent on my behalf to a third world country. I asked the gift giver whether I should expect eggs, confit and some produce in the post.
Apparently I missed the point.
Last year one of my sisters gave a goat to an african village on my behalf. This year I gave her a Goat Curry I made myself.

Is that a bobble head doll? A piggybank? A paperweight?

It could be used as a paperweight I guess. It's mostly just to sit there. They originated in WWII as a sort of morale booster for the Brits.

Update: An Allen Edmonds merino scarf with neato reversability.

So ridiculously long. I'll have to chop it a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom