What happened today that neither pissed you off nor made you happy but is nevertheless noteworthy?

After taking my parents to opera and later on dinner on Sunday, my father has a sore throat now. I would try to suggest he take a rapid test but his reply would be - why? He's not infected.

I figured out why my Zippo lighter isn't closing smoothly. Gents were using it to open beer bottles at the wedding.

More than a week since I had a drink, a smoke, and the only drugs I've taken is cold medication.

I'm going to be joining Mohammed and the 40 virgins pretty soon.

I doubt a dentist is going to know anything about scarring. Probably need to go to a dermatologist and another dentist for sworn testimonies and then try to sue ('MURICA) the original dentist. Would love to be corrected though because with the way things are headed, everyone's going to want to sue somebody because we're all getting more incompetent by the year.

My brother tore his meniscus and ACL and got surgery 3 years ago. Apparently that surgeon thought his meniscus didn't need to be repaired so he ignored it and just repaired the ACL. Fast forward 3 years, and he got in a car accident and got another MRI and his new doctor mentioned he had a torn meniscus. A 2nd doctor said the same. He went back to his original surgeon who still insists everything is fine. Now he wants to get surgery to fix his meniscus that has been torn for over 3 years. It sounds horrible. He's an athletic guy so he has been pretty traumatized the whole time going so far as to think he needed one of those stem cell procedures because he felt something he was never going to feel 'normal' again despite the original surgery.

Last edited:
I doubt a dentist is going to know anything about scarring. Probably need to go to a dermatologist and another dentist for sworn testimonies and then try to sue ('MURICA) the original dentist. Would love to be corrected though because with the way things are headed, everyone's going to want to sue somebody because we're all getting more incompetent by the year.

My brother tore his meniscus and ACL and got surgery 3 years ago. Apparently that surgeon thought his meniscus didn't need to be repaired so he ignored it and just repaired the ACL. Fast forward 3 years, and he got in a car accident and got another MRI and his new doctor mentioned he had a torn meniscus. A 2nd doctor said the same. He went back to his original surgeon who still insists everything is fine. Now he wants to get surgery to fix his meniscus that has been torn for over 3 years. It sounds horrible. He's an athletic guy so he has been pretty traumatized the whole time going so far as to think he needed one of those stem cell procedures because he felt something he was never going to feel 'normal' again despite the original surgery.
Surgeons have a problem: when they have a bad day, they can kill somebody, or the fix doesn't work out, or there's complications. When I have a bad day, no one will notice and I can swing back overnight.

I've had three major surgeries and the recovery time and end results have all been very short and spot on. The worse surgery, as regards recovery time, was a bone graft on my jaw ready for a tooth implant. I thought it would be like a filling and I'd be back in work the same day. Six injections and an hour and half later, I was fit for nothing and had to hand over work for the rest of the week. I didn't feel right for a month. And I mean a month. Felt like everything had shut down and I had very bad bruising and a black eye for a week and a bit.

I doubt a dentist is going to know anything about scarring.
well given that it occurred during a dental procedure i suspect he might be able to shed a bit of light on the situation.

and people wonder why i hate doctors.

Thruth Thruth what would cause this?

A mouth prop.

His cheek got caught between the two edges of the straight sections by the ratchet. Tissue was pinched. Not going to scar in most cases. Nor will it be hyper-pigmented as the fucktard mom says.

Dentist should have not used his inside voice with the bitch though.

1652896652153.jpeg

5E1FF307-FE17-471C-8D99-599D3271FDEA.jpeg

Consider yourself corrected. Dentists know a lot about wound healing.

A mouth prop.

His cheek got caught between the two edges of the straight sections by the ratchet. Tissue was pinched. Not going to scar in most cases. Nor will it be hyper-pigmented as the fucktard mom says.

Dentist should have not used his inside voice with the bitch though.

View attachment 43593

View attachment 43594
I was reading the thread and someone thought it might have been etching acid on the gloves which is why I was curious.

The dentist seemed like a cunt as well so it was a happy time all around.

12 days tomorrow of abstinence from booze, smoke or drugs.

Was having hot toddies during my illness.

Are you just testing positive, or do you feel ill?

The medical authorities told me here not to test for 8 weeks after I felt better, as I could still test positive.

My voice sounds like a cross between Aerosmith and The Godfather but I'm fit. I can walk 12km no problem.

PCR tests I know could be positive for months but I am still getting positive rapid test results. People keep telling me the line is faint so you have it mild but if you let the cartridge dry completely there's a definite line there.

My date backed out so I'm alone for my alumni reunion garden party this upcoming Friday.

Smoking two cigarettes before going on a telephone interview was not the brightest of ideas.

I went to a virtual alumni reunion. It was a milestone year. I went 5 years ago when it was another milestone.

When I told my mother about it all she said was how old I was. Why are you so old? Very old.

I left my video off until the round table introductions came to me and I turned it on.

I said I might sound like Jason Bourne but I don't know anyone from my home college and graduating class. I commuted to campus from home to save money. I was given one year's tuition which was family cash gifts and some contribution from my parents in a mutual fund that had horrific withdrawal charges. I worked every summer to make tuition and transit fares to go to uni. I walked 5 subway stops even in the dead of winter to save money. I packed my own lunch/dinner. By my third year, my younger brother had entered into a commerce program and his summer jobs and my parents' single income just couldn't cope so I had to cover part of his tuition in addition to my own.

All the toga parties, amateur theatre, alcohol binges, black tie formal events, and other residence stories are beyond me. At least that's what I said at the reunion. I had a 1.49 GPA after first year and I was not a sh@t student in high school. I didn't have unlimited funds so I had to somehow get out of uni with something.

Everyone has kids. Some pre teen but some in early teens. Everyone seemed to be married. Those who moved abroad for a bit moved back. A significant number work in education.

Interestingly after talking about myself for a length of time because I enjoy the practice to recite my own stories two of the ladies said they remember me. Really? Because I don't remember them at all. I did remember one lady went with me to a pub after the al fresco alumni dinner and then I vaguely remember I dropped her off at the bus station to go home where her father was picking her up.

I had the CN Tower in the background of my video and she said "Oh you look like you moved up in the world...[compared to the previous place]". I don't remember bringing anyone home that night but then I don't remember most nights at that age.

It was alumni reunion this week and I finally met up with my one and only uni mate I kept in touch with. I confessed that with new people who don't know me I'm told I come off as a condescending prick.

He said it was obvious. It has always been like that and he loves me for it.

That was depressing. I thought I was a man of the people.

It was alumni reunion this week and I finally met up with my one and only uni mate I kept in touch with. I confessed that with new people who don't know me I'm told I come off as a condescending prick.

Roll with it! For a small forum donation we can change your custom title to Condescending Prick.

It's probably a defence mechanism. First impressions are not always correct.

I've not kept in touch with anyone from uni. Like you, to save dosh, I stayed at home. You miss out on so much by doing that, it was a mistake. But back then, there was none of this running up GBP 60,000+ in tuition and living expenses. You got your couple of grand grant and if the bank manager knew you were from good stock, you might get a two hundred quid overdraft if you were lucky.

My brother's son must see a lot of people who wear smart watches. When he saw my this past weekend he started tapping on my watch thinking it will glow and the display will change.

I told him it's just a watch. A regular one. It just tells time. That's it. You can't make it sing or show videos. He eventually moved on.

After 5 weeks of working on this business case with my arts degree I decided to knock off in the afternoon for a long multi hour lunch at one of the local French cafes. Listening to jazz right now with a glass of pinot grigio.

IMG_20220610_1223380.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom