How Do We Want To Handle People Who Would Like To Sell Their Wares?

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
So Sartodi wants to sell some of his pocket squares, and eventually some of his shirting. Thread is here:

http://dressedwell.net/forum/threads/new-hand-made-linen-pocketsquares.939/

All of which I'm very happy about, for both him and the forum. But I want to know how you guys want to go about having the posts on the forum. Should we segregate the information and discussion to the Classifieds forum and Classifieds section? Or should we just have listings in the Classifieds section, and then continue with discussion threads in the Men's Clothing section?

For those who don't know, when you create a Classified resource, the system automatically creates a discussion thread in the Classified forum.

Let me know what you think.

I think that discussion of product and construction is fine in the Men's Clothing section, and talk of sales, pricing, and the seller and anything actually commerce related that belongs in the Classified forum. The two can link to each other ad nauseum as long as it is not purely post-whoring and bumping.

I think that discussion of product and construction is fine in the Men's Clothing section, and talk of sales, pricing, and the seller and anything actually commerce related that belongs in the Classified forum. The two can link to each other ad nauseum as long as it is not purely post-whoring and bumping.
My original fear was that it would run into post whoring and bumping. Especially since sartodi isn't exactly fluid with the rules.

If I have extra clothes to sell that's different than if I made them?
Fair point.

My original fear was that it would run into post whoring and bumping. Especially since sartodi isn't exactly fluid with the rules.

Usually it's self defeating, people get tired of it and then don't buy their shit, so I'm of the mind it's probably ok to cross link. I think making tons of "buy this thing" threads in general discussion probably is not good though.

If you are selling shit - put it in the classifieds. If you make shit to sell - put it in the classifieds. If you make shit to sell but want feedback so you can make better shit to sell - post in Men's clothing. If your shit is shit - post it at SF

In Sartodi's defence, he doesn't do a lot of bumping and post-whoring on the other forums he posts his wares on.

In Sartodi's defence, he doesn't do a lot of bumping and post-whoring on the other forums he posts his wares on.
I certainly wasn't accusing him of that. Just that with the language barrier things might end up getting muddled.

No, didn't take it as an offensive statement but when he is not fighting Tackys he is sedate when selling his own wares even with language barriers

I dunno. He was pretty much shitting all over the entire English shirt making industry earlier.

The more I think about this the more the idea of a sub-forum appeals to me. With this, we could leave the classifieds for members selling their personal shit, plus segregate the clothing forum from advertising and salesmanship.

Perhaps something like head-fi.org has it would be a great idea. We could have something like that. The only problem so far it's while I'm using my mobile devices, when I'm typing there is a god awful lag, probably because it's always saving what I write. Just my two Venezuelan bolivares.

Perhaps something like head-fi.org has it would be a great idea. We could have something like that. The only problem so far it's while I'm using my mobile devices, when I'm typing there is a god awful lag, probably because it's always saving what I write. Just my two Venezuelan bolivares.
Head-fi runs on the same Huddler system as StyleForum...

As to the second, we have a thread for that:

http://www.dressedwell.net/forum/threads/zen-and-the-art-of-forum-maintenance.3/page-19#post-73247

Post in there with mobile device OS and browser along with specifics of your issue.

Okay then, here is 160 bolivares then.

Attachments

• IMG_20141209_090711.jpg
    IMG_20141209_090711.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 19
THIS
img_20141209_090711-jpg.3782

GETS YOU THIS. SWEET!
$_57.JPG

What in the fuck is that abomination. That looks like something an Albanian would wear.

What in the fuck is that abomination. That looks like something an Albanian would wear.

Ah man. my momma made that. she's just trying to make a few bucks on eBay so she can buy her diabetes medicine. shit. now she's gonna haz a sad over this.

I rather pay for her medication, just to stop her doing those abortions.

That answer is full of win! Bahahahahahhahahahahahah

Hey guys, I sew really simple pocket squares (Not nearly as good as SartoD) and I would like to shill them here, I'm cutting my prices in half to work my way through all the fabric I have stashed up. How may I post about it here?

Hey guys, I sew really simple pocket squares (Not nearly as good as SartoD) and I would like to shill them here, I'm cutting my prices in half to work my way through all the fabric I have stashed up. How may I post about it here?

Start a new thread about your squares, post pics and information on how to purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom