Introduce Yourself

Hi Gentlemen,

In my quest of classic elegance I have sharpened my style over the years...I must admit after some faux pas in my mid 20’s.

I have been a passive reader of different men style forums and I eventually signed up for DressedWell.

I have never commissioned any bespoke garnement and I am curious to know the story or reason behind the most disagreable post of the day sometime portraying individuals wearing what I thought was crème de la crème bespoke tailoring.

I do prefer Neapolitan soft tailoring but I must admit that I am confused seeing that most of the tailors that I thought were good are considered here as badspoke.

I am here therefore to request your assistance on the subject.

Regards,

Fatcat

Last edited:
Hi Gentlemen,

In my quest of classic elegance I have sharpened my style over the years...I must admit after some faux pas in my mid 20’s.

I have been a passive reader of different men style forums and I eventually signed up for DressedWell.

I have never commissioned any bespoke garnement and I am curious to know the story or reason behind the most disagreable post of the day sometime portraying individuals wearing what I thought was crème de la crème bespoking tailoring.

I do prefer Neapolitan soft tailoring but I must admit that I am confused seeing that most of the tailors that I thought were good are considered here as badspoke.

Regards,

Fatcat

welcome Fatcat Fatcat . firstly i love the name. but you need a suitable profile pic to go with it.

show us, in the disagreeable thread, a photo you thought was good but was posted there. Someone will surely explain. I am sometimes guilty of posting people with nice clothes, but find their face, personality, or sales tactics disagreeable, but ussually they have the clothes to match as well.

Hi Gentlemen,

I have never commissioned any bespoke garnement and I am curious to know the story or reason behind the most disagreable post of the day sometime portraying individuals wearing what I thought was crème de la crème bespoking tailoring.

Regards,

Fatcat

You've probably been fooled by all the shills around. You're absolutely not to blame.
Basically there's no reason to pay big bucks for "la creme de la creme" when you can get the same, if not better results from humble arthisans who don't live off their names. Of course it helps to have some sartorial education, not from iGents but from real people who actually know how to dress.

You've probably been fooled by all the shills around. You're absolutely not to blame.
Basically there's no reason to pay big bucks for "la creme de la creme" when you can get the same, if not better results from humble arthisans who don't live off their names. Of course it helps to have some sartorial education, not from iGents but from real people who actually know how to dress.
Well that rules out this forum!

American living in Holland for a few years. Needed something to do when it rains besides sitting in a cafe so I thought I’d join up. Found out about Dressed Well from people complaining about it on another forum. I still look at the other one but it is much funnier over here.

American living in Holland for a few years. Needed something to do when it rains besides sitting in a cafe so I thought I’d join up. Found out about Dressed Well from people complaining about it on another forum. I still look at the other one but it is much funnier over here.
which forum?

200c1de8-9cda-46f8-9248-35e6088da6e5-jpeg.28326

Hi All: My name is Andy, and I'm based in Toronto Canada. I'm new to this forum and am saying hi!

After 7 years in finance, and becoming one of the youngest Partners in Canada, I realized that my career didn't align with my values: empowering others, respecting the environment, and being honest. So, much to the shock of my peers who thought I now had it made, I quit and started my career again.

By chance, I met with my now-business-Partner Shira, who had a similar "frustrated with BS" moment in the fashion industry - she's spent her entire career developing and designing high-ends bags - and we started LeDaveed, which makes thoughtfully designed leather bags in Canada using a German full-grain leather we've developed.

Monocle magazine actually shared my story recently in a 10-minute podcast which I'll share at some point. But for now, saying hi!

Looking forward to interacting with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom