Introduce Yourself

Gentlemen good evening, A quick introduction on my part, a 40 year old Dutchmen with a love for Italy, especially the clothing and the food. I run a non-commercial Tumblr blog called L'Aragosta as a digital reference place for stuff that inspires me.

Welcome, sir. It should have been Holland in the final.

Welcome Laragosta Laragosta !

I should thank you for reblogging one of my pics, it is the one that has the most "notes". :cheers:

Hi. Now I'm here as well. Hopefully it won't be another account I never use, like on AAAS and FNB.

I'm Jason from Henry Carter, as some of you have probably gathered. Not here to flog my wares or any of that but have enjoyed the different discussion over here compared to SF.
Realise some people here have chips on their shoulders when it comes to affiliates but I can at least say I was a member well before the business started and still try to contribute often outside of that role.
I've got 16 years experience in the industry (not bad for a 34 year old), I'm married with an 18 month old daughter and have a son due in 5 weeks time, so yeah life is busy. Still, I'll try to contribute occasionally where possible.

I'm Jason from Henry Carter, as some of you have probably gathered. Not here to flog my wares or any of that but have enjoyed the different discussion over here compared to SF.
Realise some people here have chips on their shoulders when it comes to affiliates but I can at least say I was a member well before the business started and still try to contribute often outside of that role.
I've got 16 years experience in the industry (not bad for a 34 year old), I'm married with an 18 month old daughter and have a son due in 5 weeks time, so yeah life is busy. Still, I'll try to contribute occasionally where possible.

Welcome HenryC HenryC . If there are shoulder chips it is because of the behaviour of specific SF AV's. A thread on solid AV's does not exist here.

Using you as an example, you put your wares out there, describe them accurately and without hyperbole, stand behind them and exhibit by all reports exemplary customer service.

Some others should follow your lead

Truth, apologies for the late reply. Thanks for the kind words. No point in trying to sell a fantasy to your clients if it's not the real thing IMO. Make a good product, have good service and market it well and over time it takes care of itself. I read it described as "slow branding" the other day which is a good descriptor of what I do, slow and steady wins the race and all.

I've always been quite vocal about certain AV's when they aren't pulling their weight, because it look bad on all of us. Mr Cerruti is an obvious example, and it was dissapointing that SF management didn't step in a bit earlier. That said whoever is freindcustomer, drew.p.weiner, vintagethirst and more recently martasfolds has given me more than a few chuckles on instagram of late, funny stuff. Moral of the story, if you lie to your clients you'll get fucked one way or the other.

Beyond them, I've suggested people like Howard Yount should get the boot from SF for a while now. If the owner can't even be arsed to sign in and check on their own thread for a year and a half then well what's the point. SF is large enough now that it's not enough to just take affiliates money no questions asked if you know what I mean.

Christopher Berry, a belated welcome to you. It is an irreverent forum you have stumbled into. We only have one certified and licensed iGent, Chorn Chorn , and I believe the Dressed Well bylaws stipulate there can be only one. He does yeoman's service posting fits only to be savaged by us as we hone our pithy patter. The rest are an eclectic mix of missionaries, mercenaries and misfits. Of course, Jimmy Frost Mellor would say we are all twisted iGents because we spend our time looking in on what other iGents are doing and critique them. So be it. I am guilty as charged. Besides, I only wear muslin fitting shirts from countless bespoke misadventures that sadly never, ever result in the correct amount of shirring that I long for, so indeed I must be mad.

EFV is certified, licensed, and took graduate courses at Pitti this summer with his Gentwife.

CBerry, upon realizing that that is you in the picture, I can only hope that my hypothesis about your facial expression was incorrect (or if it was correct, that the lady in question has since improved substantially). And that you are reading something alarming. And not concerning anything indecent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom