Leather Jacket Thread

Rambo

Fucked Walker In The Face
Supporter
About $585 USD with the exchange rate today. £500 regular but 20% off of the bison hide so £400 + shipping
why did you go with bison over a normal cow or horse leather?

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Supporter
why did you go with bison over a normal cow or horse leather?
I liked the grain and it is still a heavy & robust hide. Plus it was on special for 20% off. Can't beat that

Rambo

Supporter
I liked the grain and it is still a heavy & robust hide. Plus it was on special for 20% off. Can't beat that
You sure as fuck can't.

So would bison be a rough equivalent to horsehide?

Thruth

Supporter
You sure as fuck can't.

So would bison be a rough equivalent to horsehide?
Thicker but more pliant than Horsehide, which is more stiff. Quite abrasion resistant. More pronounced grain. Develops patina very nicely. pretty hard wearing leather. Some say it wears warmer

Journeyman

Supporter
Dropbear Dropbear - so you got the Gustin after all, then.

It looks good around the front and the arms are a very good length on you, too. Maybe slightly too wide in the shoulders.

How does it look around the back?

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
image.jpeg
It is so thick and stiff that it will take some breaking-in before I can really evaluate the fit and drape. I was concerned it would be tight in the shoulders, but they are fine.

Zipped.

Last edited:

Thruth

Supporter
Einstein's leather jacket sold for $147K. 1930's Cossack style

image.jpeg

Get you one from Mr. Freedom and let it tan naturally
image.jpeg

Rambo

Supporter
Well if it makes a difference, Christie's say Alberts stunk like crazy.

You could get an LVC or a Himmel Brothers Cossack.
i'm sure it did. ole' Al seemed like the type to skip a shower or two.

Thruth

Supporter
Simmons Bilt jacket shipped. Expected Tuesday.

Thruth

Supporter
Not very impressed with the Parcelforce 3-4 day shipping. Shipped the 29th. Didn't leave the UK until the 3rd.

Betelgeuse

Waiting For The Cleaning Lady To Get Naked
Supporter
Last year and this year I added three leather jackets. I wanted them and finally got them. All of them are sheep skin.

First one is a Massimo Dutti. The leather feels nice, soft and fits really nice.

The second one is a brand from Mexico, which they specialize only in leather.

And the third one is from the same manufacturer.

Thruth

Supporter
Last year and this year I added three leather jackets. I wanted them and finally got them. All of them are sheep skin.

First one is a Massimo Dutti. The leather feels nice, soft and fits really nice.

The second one is a brand from Mexico, which they specialize only in leather.

And the third one is from the same manufacturer.

Pretty nice score on the leather Betelgeuse Betelgeuse . Which one do you like the best.

Thruth

Supporter
Picked up the Simmons Bilt today. Bless their hearts, their customs documentation resulted in zero customs, duties or taxes

It is a heavy beast that will take some breaking in. The bison is robust. Fucker can stand on its own

image.jpeg

Back detail

image.jpeg

Looks better when the leather pull tabs are removed. Locharron signature wool lining.

image.jpeg

Side pocket & grain detail

image.jpeg

Large internal cotton-lined chest pocket inside pocket on left

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cotton lined sleeve with wool inner storm cuff

image.jpeg

Waist tab

image.jpeg

Pit venting

image.jpeg

Sleeves & waist were bang on to the measurements that I sent in. Meant to sit just below belt. No back shot but it ends just about the rear pockets

image.jpeg

Betelgeuse

Supporter
Pretty nice score on the leather Betelgeuse Betelgeuse . Which one do you like the best.
I don't know hehehe I like the three of them but the one I use more is the 2nd one. I use it a lot with polos or casual outfits. The other two I usually use them with shirts.

Betelgeuse

Supporter
Picked up the Simmons Bilt today. Bless their hearts, their customs documentation resulted in zero customs, duties or taxes

It is a heavy beast that will take some breaking in. The bison is robust. Fucker can stand on its own

View attachment 17799

Back detail

View attachment 17805

Looks better when the leather pull tabs are removed. Locharron signature wool lining.

View attachment 17800

Side pocket & grain detail

View attachment 17801

Large internal cotton-lined chest pocket inside pocket on left

View attachment 17802

View attachment 17807

Cotton lined sleeve with wool inner storm cuff

View attachment 17806

Waist tab

View attachment 17803

Pit venting

View attachment 17804

Sleeves & waist were bang on to the measurements that I sent in. Meant to sit just below belt. No back shot but it ends just about the rear pockets

View attachment 17798
Damn! That really nice!

Thruth

Supporter
I don't know hehehe I like the three of them but the one I use more is the 2nd one. I use it a lot with polos or casual outfits. The other two I usually use them with shirts.
The lamb/sheepskin is light enough for the cooler weather?

Betelgeuse

Supporter
Are the two from the Mexican maker reasonably priced?
Yup. Considering the $USD/MXN rate it's a bargain and since they made everything in here and the raw materials are also local, it's a lot more cheaper. A lot of brands from here, like for example Cuadra (the shoemaker) is the source of the croc hides to Gucci. And even better, I got these two in a promotion, 2x1, so I paid $5,300 pesos for both of them that is $289.22 dollars.

Regular price is $5,300 ($289.22) for the burgudy one and $3,800 ($207.36) for the brown one.

Thruth

Supporter
Yup. Considering the $USD/MXN rate it's a bargain and since they made everything in here and the raw materials are also local, it's a lot more cheaper. A lot of brands from here, like for example Cuadra (the shoemaker) is the source of the croc hides to Gucci. And even better, I got these two in a promotion, 2x1, so I paid $5,300 pesos for both of them that is $289.22 dollars.

Regular price is $5,300 ($289.22) for the burgudy one and $3,800 ($207.36) for the brown one.
Can't beat that!

Betelgeuse

Supporter
Hey guys,

Now that I have some leather jackets, I know they should be clean professionally but I want to ask, is there something I should do with them to maintain them? Like for example with shoes, we use a lot of stuff to keep them, at least conditioner and cream, is there something like this for leather jackets?

Also I read that if you don't have propper hangers it's better to roll them and store them in a drawer?

Rambo

Supporter
Hey guys,

Now that I have some leather jackets, I know they should be clean professionally but I want to ask, is there something I should do with them to maintain them? Like for example with shoes, we use a lot of stuff to keep them, at least conditioner and cream, is there something like this for leather jackets?

Also I read that if you don't have propper hangers it's better to roll them and store them in a drawer?
Yes, some kind of conditioner every now and then would be good. Mostly just leave it alone. You don't need to clean it unless it gets filthy dirty or you fall in the mud.

Hang it anywhere. You're thinking of sweaters that you roll, not leather.

Betelgeuse

Supporter
Yes, some kind of conditioner every now and then would be good. Mostly just leave it alone. You don't need to clean it unless it gets filthy dirty or you fall in the mud.

Hang it anywhere. You're thinking of sweaters that you roll, not leather.
What conditioner would be good?

Thruth

Supporter
Mostly just leave it alone. You don't need to clean it unless it gets filthy dirty or you fall in the mud.
New jackets need nothing for years in terms of conditioning & cleaning.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
If you have ever seen a Brooks leather bicycle saddle/seat go all floppy and unusable after too much conditioner you will understand a bit more about conditioning leather.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Either that sale is still going four years later or they shut down soon after you got your jacket and they never pulled the website down!

Top Bottom